Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog IDW #60: Info Reveal

DaddlerTheDalek

The battle rages on! But how do you fight a City?! Sonic and friends race to stop Eggperial City from expanding, badniks from attacking, and Dr. Eggman from... doing whatever it is Dr. Eggman does.

Tentative release date: April 2023

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

That blurb tells us nothing!

Yeah. It's surprisingly vague.

• Thumbs Up 2

I thought we already knew this from a few months back like what exactly is this arc. All we know is Tangle and the new diamonds are involved. along with shadows group  and sonic, tails and amy.

You people are calling it vague, but on the flip side I think it is actually pretty telling of what this arc is very likely going to be and what I was expecting it to be after issue 59.

All of your favorite characters fighting Eggman's robots in his city for 5 issues. Like I do not think the plot is going to be much more than that.

I predict it is going to be just a bunch of fight scenes and running around Eggperial City.

This arc feels like the hunt for Mecha Eggman/Robotnik storybeat from the OVA turned into an entire story, but I think it will have even less story substance and imagination than what that plot beat had in the OVA.

I really hope I am wrong because this arc looks to be like the most basic plot concept for Sonic ever like this is Sonic 1 or 2 plot depth.

19 minutes ago, Slashy said:

I predict it is going to be just a bunch of fight scenes and running around Eggperial City.

Cool, more meandering around the city for another handful of issues. Because it was so engaging last time they did it. The only thing that could it more thrilling is if Metal Sonic shows up again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do we know the source of these solicitations? I’m always curious to know where these Twitter accounts get this detail from (and they never cite their sources).

Also, lol at that info blurb. “Dr Eggman from… doing whatever it is that Dr Eggman does.”

So… anything?? 😅

So they're literally fighting the City now? Can't say that's happened before.

2 hours ago, Darkvizardberrytan said:

I thought we already knew this from a few months back like what exactly is this arc. All we know is Tangle and the new diamonds are involved. along with shadows group  and sonic, tails and amy.

The new diamonds?

13 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

Do we know the source of these solicitations? I’m always curious to know where these Twitter accounts get this detail from (and they never cite their sources).

Also, lol at that info blurb. “Dr Eggman from… doing whatever it is that Dr Eggman does.”

So… anything?? 😅

Might have taken the listing from Previews since Diamond is the primary, if not only, distributor for comics publishers. At least in America anyway. Don't really know how this works internationally.

16 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

The new diamonds?

I am not sure if that's gonna be as interesting as you make it out to be.

What I imagine it is going to be is that the city is expanding on its own to take over the neighbouring land. And maybe some basic defence systems like turrets and robot spawners to stop team hero.

NOT something like the skyscrapers are trying to crush our heroes and the ground is trying to swallow them.

People complained about Test Run being uninteresting as an Eggman scheme as well, so if people really don't find the city scheme to be much fun, then that will be 2-for-2 of the smaller scale schemes that people don't enjoy. Whatever's after that will probably be something involving the side villains in some way, but something's off if Eggman's regular attempts to win are the most unpopular stories of them all.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

The new diamonds?

Whisper is forming a new group. Atm its her, tangle and that built sheep

8 hours ago, The Deleter said:

People complained about Test Run being uninteresting as an Eggman scheme as well, so if people really don't find the city scheme to be much fun, then that will be 2-for-2 of the smaller scale schemes that people don't enjoy. Whatever's after that will probably be something involving the side villains in some way, but something's off if Eggman's regular attempts to win are the most unpopular stories of them all.

The problem is not a smaller scheme in those two cases the problem is the lack of creativity.

Remember this is taking everything I know so far and what covers and solicits tell you about a storyline ahead of time.

This is a very straightforward Sonic plot, like imagine the extended cast is not present and we are left with practically the most basic Sonic plot. Like we are making a souped up version of Sonic 1/2's plot (CD and 3 have too much world building to count)

To make a Mario comparison this is like New Super Mario Bros. tier storytelling. I cannot even throw in something like Sunshine, Galaxy, 3D World, or Odyssey because those plots are deviate more from the formula than this plot does. So to patch the problem of the plot being really boring due to being very basic more characters are added to kind of distract from the problem and add some form of  substance. The problem is none of these characters seem to be bringing anything significant of their own.

EDIT: Nice looking cover but it still looks like the kind of cover that can be used for any story.

spacer.png

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm still wondering about these giant crystals. They seem to have a bigger presence in the Urban Warfare arc.

At the end of Scrapnik Island #4, it shows an updated Sonic IDW Arc infomap.

The next arc after Imposter Syndrome is called "Battle for the Empire"

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

At the end of Scrapnik Island #4, it shows an updated Sonic IDW Arc infomap.

The next arc after Imposter Syndrome is called "Battle for the Empire"

It is actually Urban Warfare.

1 hour ago, Slashy said:

It is actually Urban Warfare.

He is not wrong. Battle of the Empire was issues #50-51. Imposter Syndrome was right before that.

2 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

He is not wrong. Battle of the Empire was issues #50-51. Imposter Syndrome was right before that.

Oh I was referring to the current arc, sorry.

24 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

"Urban Warfare" sounds like a Call of Duty game, rather than anything Sonic-related.

There's a lot of things in this comic book series that is not normally related to Sonic like the Metal Virus being basically a zombie apocalypse story, except with Sonic characters and the characters affected by the virus turn into zombie robots, and the Scrapnik Island story arc was mostly a horror series.

16 hours ago, MGA_Gamer said:

"Urban Warfare" sounds like a Call of Duty game, rather than anything Sonic-related.

That's was my thought as well. 😂

15 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

There's a lot of things in this comic book series that is not normally related to Sonic like the Metal Virus being basically a zombie apocalypse story, except with Sonic characters and the characters affected by the virus turn into zombie robots, and the Scrapnik Island story arc was mostly a horror series.

Lest we also forget that the source material had a black hedgehog cock a rifle like a shotgun, the main character himself use a talking sword, and a demon-like being wearing a football uniform.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, DabigRG said:

That's was my thought as well. 😂

Lest we also forget that the source material had a black hedgehog cock a rifle like a shotgun, the main character himself use a talking sword, and a demon-like being wearing a football uniform.

And let's not forget the time where Sonic turned into a Werehog!