Awoo.

A silly theory about Amy

Blazey Firekitty

So, I don't know if this is canon anywhere but Sonic X, but Shadow has these "inhibitor rings" that he wears around his wrists to keep his power in check.

What if the rings around Amy's wrists served the same purpose?XD What if she has some sort of "hidden power" that we don't know about? She's been known to dabble in magic a little, so maybe it's possible.XD

So that's where she keeps her hammer! XD

But in all seriousness I believe they're just braclets that shows her femine side. Shadow is the ulimate life form so he's bound to have an ace card somewhere...

Oh... Shadow did take off his rings in Sonic 06 but no one believed it happened so yeah.

Edited by U N Owen was Wei

I think Amy is a Bene Gesserit. She seems able to use The Voice (SA 2 multiplayer), perhaps making Sonic part of one of their breeding programs.

That, or some kind of Lovecraftian horror. You can probably guess (or already know) that I don't like her new design.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was never really fond of the whole "inhibitor rings" thing. I mean, the more awesome things we can do with rings the better, but I don't like the idea that Shadow's just so damn good that he needs to suppress his power with super-science.

I do like the idea of Amy exhibiting a little more interest in magic, though. Nothing mind-meltingly powerful or flashy, just folky things like her tarot cards. It'd be a nice contrast to overblown stuff like Chaos Control to see some more subtle uses of mystical power, and a nice throwback as well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I think Amy is a Bene Gesserit. She seems able to use The Voice (SA 2 multiplayer), perhaps making Sonic part of one of their breeding programs.

Or an Honoured Matre?

Then he'd enjoy it.

Aside from just being jewlrey I think one theory about her bracelets could be this:

In the GBA Game Sonic Battle Amy claims she's been working out using weights in order to become stronger for Sonic. Those rings could be the weights.

I don't know I'm just making a theory.

Aside from just being jewlrey I think one theory about her bracelets could be this:

In the GBA Game Sonic Battle Amy claims she's been working out using weights in order to become stronger for Sonic. Those rings could be the weights.

I don't know I'm just making a theory.

I remember that. Gold is pretty heavy and wearing them like most of the day is a pretty good weight. I think. But I think my logic makes sense anymore. *shrugs* I'm confusing myself. D:

Edited by U N Owen was Wei

I doubt there's ever been any significance to Amy's bracelets...what metal madness said about Battle might be true, but I doubt it lasted beyond that game if it occurred at all.

I was never really fond of the whole "inhibitor rings" thing. I mean, the more awesome things we can do with rings the better, but I don't like the idea that Shadow's just so damn good that he needs to suppress his power with super-science.

It'd be better if they actually showed some sort of negative effect. From what I remember, '06 didn't even hint that there was any reason not to use it 24/7. It really isn't an unworkable gimmick, but '06 just ballsed it up (like it did everything else).

I do like the idea of Amy exhibiting a little more interest in magic, though. Nothing mind-meltingly powerful or flashy, just folky things like her tarot cards. It'd be a nice contrast to overblown stuff like Chaos Control to see some more subtle uses of mystical power, and a nice throwback as well.
Also this. It's a shame it just kind of faded away into nothing...it could've been an interesting component of her character, but it's little more than random trivia as it is.

I, too, would like to see a bit more of that from Amy. While I do enjoy her as a crazy comic relief character, she has (surprisingly!) grown on me over the years and I wouldn't mind seeing her character expanded upon a little. As long as it didn't destroy what makes her Amy!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This is going from a topic about the rings to a topic about how we want Amy to change. Which I think is just fine. Amy irked me at first, but she grew on me after a while. While she certainly is not one of my favourite characters, I would be upset to see her go. Perhaps some development would make her a more likeable character. Sonic Heroes did this to Metal Sonic for me, making him one of my favourite characters.

There was this hillarious pic on deviantart that portrayed Amy as going ultiamte life form if she took the rings. I think they're just bracelets to sho how she's fashionable (though, yes, weird one in each side).

Amy is a decent character in an embarassing sort of way. Magic or no magic it's fine. Her going invisible on 06 was very appaling though, so about this magic... I don't know if I'd like to see it considering that. I like the normal member in the elite group more.

Also, I like that idea that the bracelets are weights which she trains hersself with. It would make a nice parody, her taking them out, Shadow freaking out but she just being a bit faster.

Edited by redmenace

Amy is a decent character in an embarassing sort of way. Magic or no magic it's fine. Her going invisible on 06 was very appaling though, so about this magic... I don't know if I'd like to see it considering that. I like the normal member in the elite group more.

She'd been taking stealth training from Espio, I tells ya!

That's how she can hide her hammer. Same way the chameleon hides enough shuriken and kunai knives about his person to equip a small army. SEKRIT NINJA SKI11Z.

Also, I like that idea that the bracelets are weights which she trains hersself with. It would make a nice parody, her taking them out, Shadow freaking out but she just being a bit faster.

That, I would actually like to see. Shadow going wide-eyed and diving behind a box when she detaches them... only to earn bemused looks from everyone in the vicinity. :)

Remember in the last episode of the first series of Sonic X (come on, you know you do)

where she summoned pico-pico hammer after pico-pico hammer? Could have something to do with that.. and she had the rings on at the time! o_o

I dunno, probably where she keeps tarot cards tucked away (that keeps getting mentioned everywhere, but never seen her use them)

I dunno, probably where she keeps tarot cards tucked away (that keeps getting mentioned everywhere, but never seen her use them)

Wasn't one of her POW moves in Chronicles Tarrot Draw? My sleep-deprived memory is failing me at the moment.

Anyway, I would like to see Amy make more use of any ability she has available to her (except the invisibility. That made no sense) if only to stem the tide of kidnappings on her behalf. For such a powerhouse character, she sure gets damsel in distress'd alot.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Tarrot Draw was one of her POW Moves in Sonic Chronicles. Quite useful, actually. Yay, this is my first post!

He / she / it is quite right! I didn't find Tarot Draw hat useful in Chronicles EXCEPT for when fighting the Overmind, when it was a lifesaver.

Also, hi. :)

That, or some kind of Lovecraftian horror. You can probably guess (or already know) that I don't like her new design.

Tentacle quills!XD

But yeah, I kind of like the idea of Amy's bracelets being some sort of weights she uses for speed and/or strength training, even if that might not actually be canonical.^^

Guys, isn't it obvious? They're the freaking Power Bracelets from Legend of Zelda! How else could see have those unbelievably strong POW attacks in Chronicles? Someone inform Miyamoto STAT!!

Seriously, I always thought they were just bracelets. For Shadow, I thought they were like modified Power Rings to keep him from going berserk with power.

I also want to see some more mention of Amy and her Tarot Cards. It was a nice touch. As far as her bracelets are concerned I always saw them as fashion items too, actually, I have a pair of similar-looking gold bracelets of my own that I have been known to wear one on each wrist! XD

I don't actually mind Amy all that much (or at least her Jap Sonic X portrayal I liked), so yeah, I'm happy to imitate her style of dress. Actually it feels like I'm part of a massive inside joke that only other Sonic fans will get.

Perhaps we've already seen Amy's hidden ring power! That WOULD explain why she can catch up with Sonic and her extreme hammer outbursts...secret ring powers making her as fast as Sonic and as strong as Knuckles!

I dislike that concept as well but in Sonic X (Japanese once again, I'm glad to say I've never seen the entirety of the dub), it's sort of more that Shadow's rings STORE his power as well. Like I remember in Ep 73 (my episode number memory could be faulty...) when his rings fall off after fighting with Knuckles and he practically collapses, and another time when something happens to his rings and he faints after using a lot of energy.

I am a fan of Amy rose myself, but I like Julie-Su better. That is a possibility, then again possibities are never ending. Shadow's power is ultimate since he is the ultimate life form. Amy does have a freakin' hammer out of no where. I just remembered an episode of I believe is season 3 with the meterx. At the very begining Amy just pulls a hammer out of nowhere. I remember that becasue beco or boco says "She is just like a hardware store." I do not believe that Amy has some ultimate power. If Archie could find that they could do a Amy training thing. Shadow is very cool. I would very much like that. Amy is very cool. Amy is not hot I find none of the female Sonic characters. Neither male characters. Shadow is my favorite though.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Amy is not hot

I beg to differ, oh so much. Her entire design just screams "FEMININITY" in a way that no other Sonic character does (no, not even batgirl), which i happen to find irresistable. Her hourglass figure, pink and red color scheme, big eyes, long eyelashes, golden braclets, and that dress of hers which makes sure to provide us with a neverending parade of panty-shots. And in my opinion, she kinda looks like if she were made of bubblegum, which means that after you're done making sweet sweet love to her, you can break of a piece of her and enjoy her sweet sweet strawberry taste.

Okay, maybe that last part was a bit creepy.

Ahem, but anyway, when it comes to Amy's supposed "powers", it seems like a waste to me that Sega on one hand still seems to recognize the fact that she des have some kind of mystical card-reading power (as it has been referenced in both Sonic Battle and Sonic Chronicles) but never actually give it any significant stoplight. For one thing, it hasn't ever been mentioned in a voice-acted 3D game.

I... I don't know what to say.

edit: I'm glad you edited that man, I was quite freaked out.

Edited by redmenace

edit: I'm glad you edited that man, I was quite freaked out.

You talking about me? Cause i didn't edit my previous post in any way.

I believe in speaking ones mind (however sick it may be). :D

I beg to differ, oh so much. Her entire design just screams "FEMININITY" in a way that no other Sonic character does (no, not even batgirl), which i happen to find irresistable. Her hourglass figure, pink and red color scheme, big eyes, long eyelashes, golden braclets, and that dress of hers which makes sure to provide us with a neverending parade of panty-shots. And in my opinion, she kinda looks like if she were made of bubblegum, which means that after you're done making sweet sweet love to her, you can break of a piece of her and enjoy her sweet sweet strawberry taste.

Ah yes, but how do you feel about Claris from Christmas NiGHTS?