Awoo.

A silly theory about Amy

Blazey Firekitty

People talking about Amy being attractive? GAG ME.

Sooooooooo about those bracelets of hers: yes, they do inhibit something within Amy. Her stupidity.

Sooooooooo about those bracelets of hers: yes, they do inhibit something within Amy. Her stupidity.

but she's done stupid things with them on like mistake every hedgehog for Sonic it's a wonder she doesn't just look in a lake see her reflection yells out "SONIKU" jumps in and drowns.

Something I just noticed: Shadow's got those rings around his ankles as well. I suddenly want to see him power up by taking his shoes off.

Maybe they inhibit the secret knowledge of whether Sonic characters have toes or not.

There's no secret there; we've known they're toeless since SA.

Even if we didn't, I'd doubt it, as ditching his wrist rings didn't tell us how many fingers Knuckles has. Digit knowledge must lie elsewhere...

<3 <3 <3

I would also totally rape have consensual sex with Amy, if given the opportunity. The massive height difference might lead to some complications, however. ;_;

Anywho, the idea of Amy's bracelets being inductor rings akin to Shadow's are quite hilarious. I'm expecting a future elaboration that Professor Gerald's ultimate life form was actually based on Amy, and that the male gender and color scheme was all Black Doom's idea.

That being said, it's quite evident that out of the four, Amy is the ultimate hedgehog.

Edited by HunterTSF

There's no secret there; we've known they're toeless since SA.

Giving them flippers like they did just seems so lazy to me, does anyone actually find those flippers to be a satisfactory way to make their feet? I think I would have preferred something more along the lines of Snoopy's feet.

And I suspect Knuckles is wearing boxing gloves.

Edited by Phos

I don't find her attractive, but I'll say her old outfit was very cute compared to this one. Her current dress is very plain, I think that frilly thing fit her well. It'd be nice if they paired her old clothes with her new design. Her classic style was kind of Minnie Mouse, but I liked that little poof she had on the top of her head. For one of the only characters that wears clothes, they should switch her outfit up more often. She looks good in green.

I don't find her attractive, but I'll say her old outfit was very cute compared to this one. Her current dress is very plain, I think that frilly thing fit her well. It'd be nice if they paired her old clothes with her new design. Her classic style was kind of Minnie Mouse, but I liked that little poof she had on the top of her head. For one of the only characters that wears clothes, they should switch her outfit up more often. She looks good in green.

While I enjoy her current outfit, I do feel like her old one had more visual variety. There was a balance between green, white, and orange, and her bodice and skirt were two separate, differently shaped structures. Her current dress is just red with a small bit of white, and is a single piece of fabric with very little variation in its makeup.

Giving them flippers like they did just seems so lazy to me, does anyone actually find those flippers to be a satisfactory way to make their feet? I think I would have preferred something more along the lines of Snoopy's feet.

It keeps them a little less furry-anthro to not have paws, I think. More Mickey Mouse, less... fursuity, I guess. Still hard to get used to, though.

Yeah, even though I like modern Amy, her classic outfit was adorable. Even if she never wears it again, I wouldn't mind a flashback or two of li'l Amy dressed that way. The recreation of the Sonic CD scene in Adventure bothered me for that reason.

And speaking of Adventure, I think I'd prefer to pretend that Tikal just wears socks the same colour as her fur or something. The flippers look okay on her because of the sandals, but they always look wrong in fan art. Ugh.

Edited by Octarine

It keeps them a little less furry-anthro to not have paws, I think. More Mickey Mouse, less... fursuity, I guess. Still hard to get used to, though.

*eyes avi for infringing on DogTags* :lol:

I will agree with you on this. While I never liked the blobs, Giving the sonic characters paws would imply that they should all have other animalistic features, such as claws. Even the Werehog lacked true claws (opting for elongated nails instead).

As for classic Amy, I guess I'll stick my neck out there and say I hated her old design. Her clothes were fine for the era, but they just have too much stuff going on (and you cant take her seriously looking like that, which is already a problem the character faces).

Her redesign gave her non-Sonic spines in an era where we had Shadow (S.Sonic) and even the Chao rocking the blue blurs trademark hair-do. It was a good change IMO.

Her redesign gave her non-Sonic spines in an era where we had Shadow (S.Sonic) and even the Chao rocking the blue blurs trademark hair-do. It was a good change IMO.

Kind of makes me wonder what Sonic would look like with his spines down.XD

Kind of makes me wonder what Sonic would look like with his spines down.XD

Darkspine :lol:

Color him pink and we can call him Amy.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Darkspine :lol:

Color him pink and we can call him Amy.

Oh, right, can't believe I forgot about him.XD

Hooray for naked, pink, stripey Amy!XD

Infringing on wha?

Your Avi guy is literally waring DogTags.

But I can let that slide from a kid that hails from Super Americaland.

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 1

*eyes avi for infringing on DogTags* :lol:

I will agree with you on this. While I never liked the blobs, Giving the sonic characters paws would imply that they should all have other animalistic features, such as claws. Even the Werehog lacked true claws (opting for elongated nails instead).

As for classic Amy, I guess I'll stick my neck out there and say I hated her old design. Her clothes were fine for the era, but they just have too much stuff going on (and you cant take her seriously looking like that, which is already a problem the character faces).

While making Sonic look less like someone in a fur suit is something I can get behind, I don't really think that Snoopy's feet are particularly animal like, particularly because there isn't a great deal of definition between the toes, they're basically just lines separating them.

Do you really need to take Amy seriously? She's basically Sonic's fangirl. As for her quills, now she looks more like an Echidna, aside from her ears. Side by side, they didn't look that much alike. Perhaps her old body was a little stocky?

Your Avi guy is literally waring DogTags.

But I can let that slide from a kid that hails from Super Americaland.

Kid? Kid? Older than you, y'rugrat. Why, I was recklessly driving red convertibles in OutRun when you weren't even born yet! Granted, someone had to boost me up, and I kind of didn't know what I was doing, and I actually just crashed over and over, and... well... still! But that is indeed okay because we're American, and being American makes everything okay. You got that part right, at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you really need to take Amy seriously? She's basically Sonic's fangirl.

Well, yes, that's an important part of her character, but that's not the only aspect of her character anymore.^_^;; She's found friends in Cream, Big, and, to a lesser extent, Blaze, she inspired Shadow to Not Kill Everyone, and she's become a heroine instead of just a hostage.

Kid? Kid? Older than you, y'rugrat. Why, I was recklessly driving red convertibles in OutRun when you weren't even born yet! Granted, someone had to boost me up, and I kind of didn't know what I was doing, and I actually just crashed over and over, and... well... still! But that is indeed okay because we're American, and being American makes everything okay. You got that part right, at least.

Gwah!, The Kid comment bit off more than I can chew.

Heh, but as you know, like all Americans I was playing God of War III in the womb... yeah, all you other nationalities wrap your minds around that ;).

Do you really need to take Amy seriously? She's basically Sonic's fangirl.

Amy has to have some measure of respect to her (which is increasingly becoming a lost art to females these days) so she can play a part in the story beyond screaming "Hi Sonic". She still has important spots to play here and there and if I cant take her seriously at any level, than that would severely limit what she can and can't do effectively.

Not to mention dressing like that today would likely up her Psyco status as someone whom is trapped in the past.

Amy: This was the last time Sonic carried me. I'll NEVER WASH THESE CLOTHES!!!!

and she's become a heroine instead of just a hostage.

Debatable. While her Hero quotient has risen, so has her stock for being a Damsel in Distress.

-Sonic Adventure

-Sonic Adventure 2

-Sonic Riders

-Sonic Riders 2 (although she resolved her own situation)

-Sonic Rivals

-Unleashed (possibly)

There are probably a few I am forgetting too. Needless to say, Sonic has had to come to her rescue quite alot recently.

EDIT: Just havin a liite fun Jake, I'm keepin things on topic too.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

psikeout and SegaDogTagz, um, enough with the conversational side-chat and back on topic, please!

Read y'loud and clear, sarge.

nofun.jpg

(I kid don't ban me.)

Well, yes, that's an important part of her character, but that's not the only aspect of her character anymore.^_^;; She's found friends in Cream, Big, and, to a lesser extent, Blaze, she inspired Shadow to Not Kill Everyone, and she's become a heroine instead of just a hostage.

I want to agree with this just because I've always liked the character, but I kind of don't, because the farther the series goes, the harder it's gotten for me to take her seriously. Am I alone in that? She's done some good stuff, no doubt, but I think she's become sorta flanderized in her role as an irrational fangirl. Sure, it was always her major feature, but it seems like it's gotten... worse.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't understand this "taking characters seriously" to begin with.

Tails is a 8 year old mechanic genius child with a MILESELETRIC space station or satellite somewhere.

Knuckles is a gullible guardian to a big green rock that for some reason has special powers thaat allow an island to float.

Amy is a fangirl that gets kidnapped too often but that doesn't take a no for an answer.

Shadow is a failed James Bond wannabe these days, without the womanizer part.

Rouge is a bat spy (lol) wich flaunts her boobs around and gets sidetracked by everything shiny.

Blaze has fire powers in a series that had nothing of it in the first place.

Eggman is a ball with spinny legs and arms that just won't break, along with an obcession with theme fun parks from hell.

I don't see how Amy is any different from these. If it's because she's the butt joke sometimes, Knuckles and even Eggman have filled that role as well.

I don't understand this "taking characters seriously" to begin with.

Your taking that statement too seriously. Here let me try to explain it a bit better.

Tails is a 8 year old mechanic genius child with a MILESELETRIC space station or satellite somewhere.

And it is believable considering the IQ on that kid. When Tails starts talking tech, I do not run for wikipedia to call his bluff. (I run to Wikipedia to find out that the Kutta Joukowski theorem is actually a real thing)

Knuckles is a gullible guardian to a big green rock that for some reason has special powers thaat allow an island to float.

Which explains why he rocks ancient texts and defends said rock with his life. I don't question why he is knowledgeable in these fields.

Shadow is a failed James Bond wannabe these days, without the womanizer part.

Which in turn makes you respect Shadows abilities as a feild agent. I never take that Hedgehog lightly while he's on a mission.

Rouge is a bat spy (lol) wich flaunts her boobs around and gets sidetracked by everything shiny.

Usage of said feminine charm or conniving nature to get at shiny objects becomes expected. To say nothing of respect for the spy skills

Blaze has fire powers in a series that had nothing of it in the first place.

She's BAD. SHE CAN WIELD TEH FIRE.

Eggman is a ball with spinny legs and arms that just won't break, along with an obcession with theme fun parks from hell.

When the game throws Eggmanland at you from out of nowhere, you are not surprised.

Amy is a fangirl that gets kidnapped too often but that doesn't take a no for an answer.

I don't see how Amy is any different from these. If it's because she's the butt joke sometimes, Knuckles and even Eggman have filled that role as well.

If Amy was to lose all respect, than kidnapped would be the only role she could be suited for. The same goes for the rest. If Tails were to dawn an "I'm with stupid" tee, His legitimacy as a genius would falter (actually that would depend on his present company). When I say, a degree of seriousness, I mean that Amy requires an appearance suitable enough to sway Shadow during SA2 while still able to feed into her Heroes mindset. There is no way her old design would have been capable of that. I am not one to judge from appearances, but I know I wouldn't think twice about advice that old Amy would give. God knows what Shadow would have thought.

Amy's character has adopted the role of emotional consort/support lately, to go along with the psyco, D.I.D. and cheerleader traits. While the latter can be achieved by her old model, the former requires a higher plane of discipline which that Amy does not possess.

Not serious as in grim reality, serious as in preconceived respect. Modern Amy has classic Amy beat hands down there.

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 1