Awoo.

Full List of IDW Sonic Releases Thus Far

Silvereyes

A thread dedicated to talking about and keeping up with IDW's releases for Sonic, including the main series, mini-series, one shots, and compilation titles.

Issues With Unique Content:

Main Book:

Sonic the Hedgehog #1-#65

Sonic the Hedgehog #1: 5th Anniversary

Total: 65/66* issues (so far, 4 to be released) (*65 if you include the issue #1 reprint as its own issue.)

Mini Series:

Tangle & Whisper: 4 issues

Bad Guys: 4 issues

Imposter Syndrome: 4 issues

Scrapnik Island: 4 issues

Total: 16 issues (so far, Fang the Hunter 30th mini-series to be released.)

Annuals:

2019 Annual

2020 Annual

2022 Annual

Total: 3 issues

30th Anniversary Specials:

30th Anniversary Special

30th Anniversary Special Hardcover (adds bonus material and new story, I think?)

Tails' 30th Anniversary Special

Amy's 30th Anniversary Special

Total: 3/4* issues (so far, Knuckles & Fang's 30th to be released.) (*Depends if you count the 30th reprint as its own issue.)

Free Comic Book Day:

2021 Free Comic Book Day

2022 Free Comic Book Day

Total: 2 issues

Seasonal One-Shots:

Endless Summer

Halloween Special

Total: 2 issues (so far, Winter Jam to be released.)

Other One-Shots:

Team Sonic Racing

Team Sonic Racing Plus Deluxe Turbo Championship Edition (reprint, adding new story "That time I got to write a Sonic comic")

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: The Official Movie Pre-Quill

900th Adventure

Total: 3/4* issues (*depending if you count the TSR reprint as being its own seperate issue)

Grand Total: 94/97* issues (so far, not including unreleased issues)(97 if you include the #1 reprint, 30th Anniversary reprint, and the TSR reprints as being their own issues.)

Coming Soon:

Sonic the Hedgehog #66, #67, #68

Sonic the Hedgehog: Winter Jam

Sonic the Hedgehog: Knuckles & Fang's 30th Anniversary

Sonic the Hedgehog Volume 16: Misadventures

Sonic the Hedgehog: The IDW Collection: Volume 4

Issues Without Unique Content (Barring Cover Artwork):

Issues #1-#4 Boxset

Volume Compilations: 15 (so far, 1 to be released)

The IDW Collection: 3 (so far, 1 to be released)

Tangle & Whisper Compilation

Bad Guys Compilation

Imposter Syndrome Compilation

Scrapnik Island Compilation

2019 Halloween Comicfest (reprint of issue #1)

Tangle & Whisper #0 (recap of issues #1-#12, preview of Tangle & Whisper #1)

Sonic & Tails: Best Buds Forever: (reprint of issues #1, #13, #34, & #35)

Sonic the Hedgehog (free cinema giveaway tie-in for Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (reprint of issue #1 and "Jet Set Tornado" from 2019 Annual))

The IDW Comic Art Collection

Cancelled:

Tangle & Whisper Issues #1-#4 Boxset

Edited by Silvereyes
  • Thumbs Up 2

I've updated the thread since I created it back in January. Nice to see comic releases have been a bit more stable since 8 main titles have come out in the last 8 months, plus some specials too.

My current count is 94 issues, 97 if you also include the #1 5th Anniversary reprint, 30th Anniversary Reprint, and the Team Sonic Racing Deluxe Reprint as counting as issues since they add some new content in the reprint. One of those things that is easy to quibble about. That count will be lower as well if you only include issues that contribute to the IDW continuity, rather than being a tie-in or being set in the Classic Continuity. I think IDW continuity comics would be at 86 so far but I haven't really verified that.

Regardless of how you count it (I personally don't count those reprints), IDW will of put out over 100 issues of Sonic by early next year. IDW Sonic just continues to grow, perhaps once we hit the 10th anniversary of the first issue the IDW saga will begin to rival the size of Archie Sonic?