Awoo.

Naoto Oshima reveals artwork and details about 'Twin Stars', the game which eventually became Sonic 1!

Solister

• The title was changed to Naoto Oshima reveals artwork and details about 'Twin Stars', the game which eventually became Sonic 1!

Very interesting. It is nice that light was shed on these details. I wonder what the final product, had it actually been made and finished, would have been like? Granted, we probably would not get Sonic, but I have always been interested in the demonic looking 13 character. I always wondered who he was when I first saw him in that Sonic the Hedgehog artwork with him and Bumblebee Eggman.

FnBTGcmXkAEcsO3?format=png&name=240x240

This guy standing outside your house is also a trap. It's to prevent you from just walking forward.

• Thumbs Up 1

The two child characters in the first image really remind me of the protagonist from the original Ape Escape. 

• Thumbs Up 4

If future games had more NPCs, I'd love to see the yellow shirt guy and the twins appear as a reference, with yellow shirt guy as the dad.

This is awesome. I love seeing the genesis (no pun intended) of stuff like this - it’s fascinating that tidbits still keep revealing themselves more than 30 years later 

13 hours ago, Supah Berry said:

FnBTGcmXkAEcsO3?format=png&name=240x240

This guy standing outside your house is also a trap. It's to prevent you from just walking forward.

I just want you to know that I got the joke and I appreciate your sense of humor.

Anyway, this is incredible stuff. Despite his denial, it's still very obvious that some of the "seeds" that would later grow into NiGHTS are present (two heroes, a dream world, a nightmarish villain, etc). It's just fascinating to me. I wouldn't be against seeing this concept realized closer to as we see it now. I'm glad Oshima-san and other creators in the industry are so open to sharing this kind of material. 

• Nice Smile 1