Awoo.

What would you want to see in the games with some things apparently now made canon?

Shiny Gems

Apparently, there are things in Sonic media that have become canon to the games. The classic timeline being part of the same timeline of the modern games, the comics from IDW apparently (with Tangle apparently being mentioned in Sonic Frontiers) and there is even Sonic Prime being canon to the games. Heck, maybe the Riders games are canon now that Jet has apparently been mentioned in Sonic Frontiers.

Now, I don’t know about Prime, other than potential uses for the Paradox Prism, but there are a lot of possibilities opened up in terms of characters and other things appearing in the games.

With that said, who or what do you want to see in the modern Sonic games from IDW’s comics, the classic timeline and maybe even Prime? This can include things like character interactions as well.

Me? I would like to see Mighty, Ray, Fang, Bean, Bark, maybe Honey as well as maybe the Tails Doll and Metal Knuckles (both from Sonic R) if those two count as well as more fantastical environments like in the classic games.

• The title was changed to What would you want to see in the games with some things apparently now made canon?

I don't recall Riders ever being NOT cannon.

But anyway, I'd kinda like to see some film characters be incorporated into the main cannon. Tom could be working for the Station Square police force (not necessarily a father figure like in the films, but knows who Sonic is), Maddie could be a vet there that you could maybe go to if your Chao gets sick or injured, Crazy Carl could make for some funny dialogue here and there (and perhaps maybe knows Sticks), Longclaw could be connected to some period in the games' ancient history considering an owl symbol in Labyrinth Zone inspired her in the first place (but not a mother figure). 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/27/2023 at 3:38 AM, SticksSuperFan14 said:

I don't recall Riders ever being NOT cannon.

But anyway, I'd kinda like to see some film characters be incorporated into the main cannon. Tom could be working for the Station Square police force (not necessarily a father figure like in the films, but knows who Sonic is), Maddie could be a vet there that you could maybe go to if your Chao gets sick or injured, Crazy Carl could make for some funny dialogue here and there (and perhaps maybe knows Sticks), Longclaw could be connected to some period in the games' ancient history considering an owl symbol in Labyrinth Zone inspired her in the first place (but not a mother figure). 

Odd, I thought I read somewhere that Riders was non canon, though I admit the person who may have said that, may be a source that was questionable. In other words, my bad.

Well, I did not mean to include the movies, just things that are now canon to the games. Though I always thought Crazy Carl had potential in the movies and the games.

It may be obvious based on recent posts, but the Scrapniks, easily. Besides the fact that there's a whole faction of Eggman robots that turn good (or at the very least non-hostile) which makes for an interesting concept in and of itself, but the island they're on would be so fucking cool to explore, especially because there's a whole civilization there and probably more bots we haven't seen.

Spoiler

Imagine a future game let you spar with Mecha Sonic as some sort of bonus boss

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

It may be obvious based on recent posts, but the Scrapniks, easily. Besides the fact that there's a whole faction of Eggman robots that turn good (or at the very least non-hostile) which makes for an interesting concept in and of itself, but the island they're on would be so fucking cool to explore, especially because there's a whole civilization there and probably more bots we haven't seen.

Hide contents

Imagine a future game let you spar with Mecha Sonic as some sort of bonus boss

I honestly want Scrapnik Mecha Sonic in a fighting game at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1