Awoo.

Tails' next playable appearence

Blazey Firekitty

Better idea. Tails needs to play like Sonic + Sparkster. Plays like a traditional Sonic for the most part (jump, run, roll, spindash), and of course by pressing the jump button repeatedly in midair, Tails can do his slower fly that we in most of his appearances. But also, he has an ability to swipe enemies with his tails (like Sparkster does with his sword), and when holding it the attack button, Tails charges up and letting go, Tails can shoot into air at great speeds (like how Sparkster does with the rocketpack). I know it's not a good idea to rip off other games, but I think that would actually suit Tails very well.

You seem to have got Tails confused with a different fox?

I'd just like to see Tails return with traditional Sonic gameplay + flying using tail abilities like listed before ( like a "Deku Leaf"-styled move and tail swiping). I wouldn't want to see a combat system on him though, because that works better for Knuckles (since we all know that shouldve been Knuckles instead of the Werehog in Unleashed, no matter how much of a GoW tipoff it was). :P

^ This. Just give me S3&K again, where the difference in play style comes from the level (and the ability to explore it differently), and all will be well.

And while you're at it, retroactively swap the Werehog model for Knuckles, plz, there's a good SEGA.

While following Sonic is a cute nostalgia kick, it can actually get a little annoying, especially in 3D XD;; But! If it was a DS game, two players could hook up and play a stage together via wireless, so they'd each see their own character, but could interact with the other to get past obstacles and stuff.

WOT. :blink:

our insomnia has dragged you down into madness, Flyboy. It never gets old. NEVAR!

Yes, for God's sake don't slow him down to a crawl again. He went from being almost as fast as Sonic to being slower than Amy! I don't want him to be as fast as Sonic, of course, but I hate how much he's been slowed down. He should be a fairly quick and nimble character, not a painstakingly slow and clunky one.

I think somewhere along the line, SEGA forgot that Tails was originally designed to be a character that could keep up with Sonic. I would hope that if Tails is playable in Project Needlemouse that they remember this.

I would want to see him playable on foot- not moving at 3mph, and not throwing Ring Bombs for all of his attacks. He should play like Sonic. I don't like the way alternative characters in recent Sonic titles feel like they're coming from different games altogether- have some consistency.

I will say though that I want him to be more distinguished from Sonic than he was in the classic titles. Maybe his levels should emphasize flight and his other abilities while trying to stick to the Sonic formula.

You shall be considered my new friend. Seriously, I agree. Werehog especially was un-Sonicy. I could've tolerated it (maybe even loved it) had it followed through with an emphasis of speedy platforming and combat but it didn't.

Actually I think that's a fantastic idea I could imagine that being immense fun with Tails piloting the Tornado.

As well as that...not that I know anything about videogame mechanics but the way that game moves and flows it also looks like it's engine would be suitable for Sonic levels as well as Tails (if it were to take the Speed route) with some tweaking. It seems very fast, fluent and I could see it working well for Sonic if it was tweaked like I say.

I've always seen people say that a single gameplay style is best, wouldn't it be a good idea if they could find a way to have 2 different but similar gaming styles? I think this type of gameplay would be perfect for Sonic levels and Tails in the Tornado levels in the same game...

What do you guys think of Tails having some kind of portable all-in-one device, like a kind of FLUDD he would use for more traditional puzzles and platforming in between speed areas. It would interact with the environment in a way Tails alone couldn't, and you'd add abilities to the device over time, making it sort of customizable.

What do you guys think of Tails having some kind of portable all-in-one device, like a kind of FLUDD he would use for more traditional puzzles and platforming in between speed areas. It would interact with the environment in a way Tails alone couldn't, and you'd add abilities to the device over time, making it sort of customizable.

I'd appreciate that. It's give him a chance to get his mechanic side on without having to ride around in a mech or the Tornado for the entire game. Most of the recent games have featured some kind of ability-collecting, and it'd be nice to see it used for something other than the usual light dash, air boost or bounce attack. Also, a tiny gadget would be a good contrast to Eggman's usual extravagant devices.

I also agree that Tails' speed has been pretty sorely underplayed recently. I can understand slowing down Knuckles, but Tails' ability to almost keep up with Sonic is an important part of his character. It's sad to see it disappear.

Pretty much SA1 had a good or better portrayal of what Tails gameplay should be like. It would play like Sonic and have identical speed, but should have more implemented flying for going from one platform to another or dodging obstacles or whatever, yet still be grounded for the most part. He could have some sub stages that would be like Sky Chase Zone or SA1's Tornado stages (No QTEs like SU 360).

I'd just like to see Tails return with traditional Sonic gameplay + flying using tail abilities like listed before ( like a "Deku Leaf"-styled move and tail swiping).

Pretty much SA1 had a good or better portrayal of what Tails gameplay should be like. It would play like Sonic and have identical speed, but should have more implemented flying for going from one platform to another or dodging obstacles or whatever, yet still be grounded for the most part. He could have some sub stages that would be like Sky Chase Zone or SA1's Tornado stages (No QTEs like SU 360).

Both of these. Tails's levels in SA1 were horribly short, but they were a blast to play and I LOVED how he flew. In 06 he was crippled, and even doing something simple as landing was all like SPINNING IN THE AIR WHEEE! The ring bombs were lame but killing lazrs in White Acropolis was strangely fun =/

On the mini-topic of Knuckles, he needs to be fast again too :(

I think a great idea for Tails would be an “Omni glove” of sorts that works like the Zero Knuckle in MMZ4. By collecting the parts left by defeated enemies the glove can transform in the enemies main weapon temporarily. Using classic badniks for variety, some examples would be:

unidus.gifUnidus, creates a shield of spike balls that can be launched at enemies individually.

kamakiller.gif Kamakiller, throw a spinning scythe that follows enemies.

aiai.gif Ai ai, throw coconut bombs.

This can also be used for platforming and puzzles:

sparkle.gif Sparkle, teleport short distances/fire electric shots on reappearance.

meleong.gif Meleon, turn invisible to sneak past enemies traps

chuchu.gif Chu chu, skate quickly along any surface, vertical or even inverted.

• Thumbs Up 1

While all of those are nifty ideas, I wouldn't want gadgets to totally replace his God-given (Chaos-given?) personal attributes in battle. By that I mean the wicked power in those two tails of his.

Did you happen to read my idea, Flyboy? =3

Better idea. Tails needs to play like Sonic + Sparkster. Plays like a traditional Sonic for the most part (jump, run, roll, spindash), and of course by pressing the jump button repeatedly in midair, Tails can do his slower fly that we in most of his appearances. But also, he has an ability to swipe enemies with his tails (like Sparkster does with his sword), and when holding it the attack button, Tails charges up and letting go, Tails can shoot into air at great speeds (like how Sparkster does with the rocketpack). I know it's not a good idea to rip off other games, but I think that would actually suit Tails very well.

all I hope for for tails is three things:

-On foot mostly,mabey a few mech levels.

-At least one Tornado level but more like SA1 instead of Unleashed.

-ABSOLUTLY NO RING BOMBS,give him his classic tail atack.

As something of a novice Sparkster fan, I support this idea.^^

Tails should be a playable character in EVERY game in which he features - I don't care if he's in a Mech, racing Sonic or just dashing through stages and collecting rings; so long as he's not trailing Sonic around like some pathetic kid sidekick then I'm fine.

I have the greatest of respects for Tails as a character in the series, and here's why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpjcP5yig70&feature=related

Poor kid... that's one hell of a burden.

Edited by TUSCAN SLAPPERS
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Tails should be a playable character in EVERY game in which he features - I don't care if he's in a Mech, racing Sonic or just dashing through stages and collecting rings; so long as he's not trailing Sonic around like some pathetic kid sidekick then I'm fine.

I have the greatest of respects for Tails as a character in the series, and here's why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpjcP5yig70&feature=related

Oh man...Yeah, that was a very tragic moment.^_^;;

I have the greatest of respects for Tails as a character in the series, and here's why: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

But he is a kid sidekick :-/.

It is literally Kirlia and Gardevoir in one e_e

However, it's a good Tails moment, too bad it's not in the games. Tails never has good character moments anymore =/ he's just like HEY SONIC I CAN FLY YOU HERE!

Him and Knuckles have been hit the hardest imo by shitty character :(

...what's wrong with Ring Bombs? :huh:

Granted, making it the only way of attacking in Sonic '06 was a royally fucking stupid move, but that doesn't make the Ring Bombs themselves inherently bad, just mis-handled. I can easily imagine them getting some decent use without screwing up the main gameplay, like as a proximity bomb instead of a throwable one that just plain explodes instead of scattering fake, damaging rings that look completely identical to actual ones (isn't it enough that the ring box itself is indistinguishable from real ones?). In fact, this whole mentality of "bawwwwwwwwwwww bawwwwwwwwwww sonic team fucked it up before now they can't use it again" that I see all too commonly around here, frankly, is just plain retarded for the most part. Though that might be a story for a different thread... hmmm...

...what's wrong with Ring Bombs? :huh:

They don't make any sense! Yeah, Eggman could use it to try and smack Sonic about (and did, sort of, with Robotnik monitors), but why is Tails throwing fake rings ar badniks? Badniks don't try to burst monitors for golden healing. There's no reason to throw dummy rings at them. Tails would've been better throwing blatant black-sphere-and-fuse bombs, y'know, like he has historical precedent for.