Awoo.

If Chronicles was made by someone else

goodone121

First off, sorry for making 2 topics. I couldn't help myself.

Anyway, who else should have made the RPG?

I am going with Square Enix. They would have made a different experience, and are the only RPG development house I know on par with BioWare.

Again, discuss or explain.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goodone121

• sock fox

• PSI Wind

• Nix

I was just thinking that NIS would make a neat Sonic game, like a Disgaea game.

You'd be able to use ALL of the Sonic characters on one battle field, the graphics would look cuter, and it'd be in a system that hasn't failed so far. I think it'd miss the speed element of Sonic but BioWare really didn't work around Sonic's speed very well either.

A group of dedicated and talented fans. People who know and care about the series, people who can really get in touch with the fanbase and what it wants, and people who are going to give serious thought as to how to translate the elements of a fast-paced platformer into an RPG.

edit: vvv that would work too.

Edited by Diogenes

Intelligent Systems, the literary geniuses behind the Paper Mario games. They bring the Mario universe and its characters to life, contributing the absolute best dialog in the Mario franchise with their games.

Seeing them handle the Sonic universe would be ideal.

BioWare went wrong somewhere with the feel of the game, probably because they usually only make realistic RPGs. Intelligent Systems would be excellent.

Maybe if the actual Bioware that really made all those award winning games actually made the game and not their newbie handheld team.

Other than that I got nothing.

Intelligent Systems could've done pretty good after their work on Paper Mario. Also, maybe Square Enix with having made The World Ends With You.

I'm thirding intelligent systems.

If not them... Maybe Brownie Brown. They would pepper it in some humor.

I'm agreeing on Intelligent, but that would be sort of a pipe dream since they're a first party developer for Nintendo.

Intelligent Systems, the literary geniuses behind the Paper Mario games. They bring the Mario universe and its characters to life, contributing the absolute best dialog in the Mario franchise with their games.

Seeing them handle the Sonic universe would be ideal.

I fourth this. Seeing the Sonic Universe do something tongue-in-cheek is something we rarely get. This is one of the reasons why the Mario RPG series is so successful.

Definitely Intelligent Systems. The Paper Mario games are fantastic, so I'm sure they would do wonders with a Sonic RPG. Square-Enix would be a good choice also.

Heh. So pretty much everyone wants Nintendo to do it, huh? XD

Honestly, I'd have liked to have seen how Sonic Team themselves would handle an RPG. Gameplay programming takes a back seat in most RPGs, and that's the one area I think Sonic Team is lacking in.

I don't think Sonic Disgaea would work too well, but I like the idea of NIS making the game. Cause they know how to make RPGs.

Atlus has produced some quality stuff over the last console generation, though I imagine Sega would publish the game.

Edited by Badnikz

At the risk of sounding like a hypocrit, I would like people to start stating what the game would be like under their chosen team.

The team would be Bioware, and I'd hopefully be on said team *SHOT*.

Haha, seriously though I think for a first handheld attempt Bioware did good. I'd put my faith in them for a sequel, and I enjoy what they did with the first one so I have no desire for other teams to handle it.

Of course, if I really had to choose an alternative, I'd like to say the team that did Golden Sun. I think it was Camelot? Its been ages since I've played the games so I forget. Only real turn based series I can say really gripped me and made me want to level up a lot just to beat it. Sonic Chronicles did okay too, just since there was stuff to do in the battles and whatnot.

But yeah, Bioware or the Golden Sun team.

If it was made by someone else...I'd want it to be made by Squaresoft (not square-enix) or Treasure (Guardian Heroes is so fucking awesome and technically an RPG), and the dialogue would have be by the original fallout team (they're the only other guys who could handle it as well as Bioware did, I think).

Honestly, my only beef with what Bioware did was the puzzles and the fact that I HAD to use the stylus, instead of being able to use that or buttons.

Square Enix is the only RPG company I can think of other than BioWare. And I heard The World Ends With You was great, so Chronicles would've been great too, hopefully.

The thing with Chronicles that made it so fantastic to me was the lines; whoever wrote the script for that game is amazing. :D

I doubt BioWare had anything to do with that, and I could barely tell Chronicles was an RPG if the box didn't say it was. ShTH seemed more like an RPG to me.

The game was great, I doubt whatever RPG company it couldn't been made from (aside from BioWare) would've affected the game much, from what I could tell.

Did any of that make sense to someone else besides me?

Edited by Roo

I think there are too many sonic team divisions working on console games. They should have one of the divisions working on new software like the DS.

Square (Enix) hasnt released anything good since the last century...

I'd have to say Capcom, they helped with the Zelda games, I'm sure they could've improved Chronicles a lot

Remember, Capcom also did Megaman Battle Network/Star Force. I am not suggesting the games should be like that, but showing they have 1st party experience.

Remember, Capcom also did Megaman Battle Network/Star Force. I am not suggesting the games should be like that, but showing they have 1st party experience.

What do you mean by first party? Those weren't first-party games... they were Capcom games on Nintendo handhelds.

You'd be able to use ALL of the Sonic characters on one battle field, the graphics would look cuter, and it'd be in a system that hasn't failed so far. I think it'd miss the speed element of Sonic but BioWare really didn't work around Sonic's speed very well either.

Yes, if NIS made Sonic Chronicles, I'd actually be playing it.

And if Overworks (the company that made Skies of Arcadia) was still working at Sega (not sure if they still are though), they should have made Sonic Chronicles. Overworks and NIS are my favorite RPG companies of all time, and Namco (now known as Bandai-Namco) is another favorite of mine too.

Bioware was such a bad choice, they don't care about Sonic, they just like being buisness partners with Simon Jeffery because both sides of the partnership sucked. Simon Jeffery doesn't care about Sonic either, only Iron Man and star wars

People from 3 great RPG developers.Gameplay:Intelligent Systems(Paper Mario).

Level Design:AlphaDream(Mario & Luigi).

Graphics: Brownie Brown(MOTHER 3)

with SEGA helping.