Awoo.

IDW Sonic the Hedgehog #61 Preview Points to Conclusion of Urban Warfare Saga

Sonictrainer
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into IDW Sonic the Hedgehog #61 Preview Points to Conclusion of Urban Warfare Saga at some point.

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

Sonictrainer was awarded the badge 'Sonic News Tipster' and 50 points.

Solicitations for IDW Sonic Issue 61 has come through the wire, and while it doesn't give us an awful lot of information to go on, it does suggest that this book will mark the end of the long-running Urban Warfare story arc.

The complete, three-line synopsis can be seen below. Story is being written by Evan Stanley, with lineart by Adam Bryce Thomas.

This is it! The end! (Of the arc, that is)

Everyone is focused on the command tower: if that goes down, the city will fall.

But are 3 teams enough to stop something it seems even Dr. Eggman can't control?

No cover has yet to be revealed, but we do know that Mauro Fonseca is lined up to handle Cover A duties, with Miles Arq and Nathalie Fourdraine pegged for Covers B and RI respectively.

The release date is currently set for 24 May 2023, but knowing how IDW is with keeping to schedule we should expect that release to be delayed over the next couple weeks.

We've created a new entry for this issue of IDW in our new Sonic Database, which is editable by all with a Sonic Stadium account. Feel free to work with us to collaboratively update the wiki entry when more details come to light!

Sonic News Tips Credit:
Sonictrainer
Original Post Content:

View full story

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

This is it! The end! (Of the arc, that is)

This actually worried me for a second, with the "IDW is failing" stuff going around

• My Emmerdoods 1

2 hours ago, Razule said:

This actually worried me for a second, with the "IDW is failing" stuff going around

I mean it has been for a while, Sonic is one of the few things really doing well.

1 hour ago, SkyHorizon said:

??? Like... how?

Like Eggman has created a situation that he can't control, like what happeened with the Metal Virus.

Eggperial City can join Chaos, the Space Station Ark, Neo Metal Sonic, Gemerl, The Ark of the Cosmos, Dark Gaïa, the Deadly Six, the Metal Virus and the Starfall Islands in the club of "stuff Eggman thought he could control".

I wonder if there are actual links between the Metal Virus and Eggperial City, as technically both seems to be self-replicating entities, so I'm curious. It would be interesting if Eggperial City was something Eggman tried to "solve" the issues of the Metal Virus. My supposition for the moment is that Eggperial City might use nanomachines.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Like Eggman has created a situation that he can't control, like what happeened with the Metal Virus.

XD I feel like that describes every 3D Sonic game from 1998 to 2013

• Thumbs Up 4

6 hours ago, Kazhnuz said:

Eggperial City can join Chaos, the Space Station Ark, Neo Metal Sonic, Gemerl, The Ark of the Cosmos, Dark Gaïa, the Deadly Six, the Metal Virus and the Starfall Islands in the club of "stuff Eggman thought he could control".

Precisely my point. I really don't get people that jump to conclusions basing their opinions on two vague sentences...

On 2/18/2023 at 8:34 AM, GX -The Spindash- said:

XD I feel like that describes every 3D Sonic game from 1998 to 2013

Now Sonic Generations actually comes across as a more creative storyline than this because that did not happen there

Also Battle and Advance 3 have the same deal.

1 hour ago, Slashy said:

Now Sonic Generations actually comes across as a more creative storyline than this because that did not happen there

Oh, I don't hold it against the series for doing that. It feels like the nature and fatal flaw of Dr. Eggman to have an ambition that he thinks he can manage until he can't. He has the 300 IQ, but is still petty and childish and self-absorbed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Sonic the Hedgehog IDW #61: Cover & Info Reveal
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love those cover art for Issue 61 especially Cover A which I like with Lanolin Tangle and Whisper and Sonic as well. IDW Sonic team have got amazing talented artists for such a fantastic Sonic comic series.