Awoo.

Mobile Site Is A Mess With The Posting

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

I'm not sure what the recent updates might have done, ever since then, posting on SSMB mobile has been an excruciating exercise in frustration.

The text cursor constantly drags back up and highlight previous text, making texting cumbersome on mobile now. And for some odd reason, spaces can automatically be added and grow to ridiculous lengths forcing one to have to constantly fight back against it to reduce the space taken up.

I cannot replicate any of this I’m afraid so could you provide some more details? What mobile device are you using? What operating system? What browser? Are you trying to write a post? A status update? Or does it happen in every instance? Is it just happening in the text input field, or is it happening elsewhere?

Can you send me some screen grabs/screen recordings of what you’re seeing? It will really help with troubleshooting this on our side.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 10:19 PM, Dreadknux said:

I cannot replicate any of this I’m afraid so could you provide some more details? What mobile device are you using? What operating system? What browser? Are you trying to write a post? A status update? Or does it happen in every instance? Is it just happening in the text input field, or is it happening elsewhere?

Can you send me some screen grabs/screen recordings of what you’re seeing? It will really help with troubleshooting this on our side.

https://board.sonicstadium.org/profile/43066-zinogrevolt/?status=1017965&type=status

Here is one of the status update replies that shows the entering massive gap issue.

@Jovahexeon Jax JoranvexeonI can see one really long reply in that status update, yes, but again I need to know exactly how this happened.

What steps did you take to make these huge spaces occur? Were you just typing text, or copy-pasting content, or trying to add and remove quote boxes?

I really do need more information from you before I can begin to troubleshoot this! Please can you do a screen recording from you phone and share it with me so that I can see what is happening? I also need to know the details I asked in my last post (device, browser etc).

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dreadknux said:

@Jovahexeon Jax JoranvexeonAny news on this? Can't help solve the problem without any information. 🙂 

Ah, about that. Did you recently change or update something? Because the problems don't seem to be occurring. 

I have a whole set of photos and screens hots though, that I can access on Desktop if you still want them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've not done anything unusual to the site, no. When did things go back to normal for you? It might have been a recent software update to the site that may have naturally fixed some things. I might have also cleared the site cache which can sometimes clear design issues for some users.

Anyway, glad to hear it's not happening anymore! Let me know if you get any more trouble!

3 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

I've not done anything unusual to the site, no. When did things go back to normal for you? It might have been a recent software update to the site that may have naturally fixed some things. I might have also cleared the site cache which can sometimes clear design issues for some users.

Anyway, glad to hear it's not happening anymore! Let me know if you get any more trouble!

I believe it went back to normal around the time that the extra box that showed updates on topics in the main hub was removed.