Awoo.

GameCage (Fadel) has received a mysterious 'Sonic Frontiers' package

DaBigJ

I was debating on making this a topic, but I found it interesting enough to make one. Wonder what it's for? Maybe it's a way to hype up the DLC? Or something more? Who knows?

• Thumbs Up 1

He's a relatively popular streamer who's interacted with the Sonic Twitter before (even got mentioned in the Takeovers)

• Thumbs Up 1

Turns out it's just merch stuff it seems

BUT I still think there's something more to this, at least in theory. After all, aren't packages like these sent to promote something upcoming? (See: Crash Bandicoot)

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like there's some hidden stuff on whatever there was in the package that can be revealed with UV lights

Not sure if it means anything

We received a similar package back in December, sort of promoting the launch of Frontiers:

Ours should have come with a card for the UV light as well, but it didn’t… 😅 so unless there’s something new in there I think this is just a merch drop.

That’s not to say it’s not significant timing, because there’s always a reason these things are sent out. I expect we may hear more about Frontiers DLC very soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Dreadknux said:

We received a similar package back in December, sort of promoting the launch of Frontiers:

Ours should have come with a card for the UV light as well, but it didn’t… 😅 so unless there’s something new in there I think this is just a merch drop.

That’s not to say it’s not significant timing, because there’s always a reason these things are sent out. I expect we may hear more about Frontiers DLC very soon.

Why exactly do you say that other than what you just said?

• Confused 1

Why do I say what? The DLC thing? It’s just a hunch, like I said. There’s got to be a reason these influencers are getting care packages. Marketing teams don’t send these things out at random, especially when the clear objective is for Fadel to make videos out of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Dreadknux said:

Why do I say what? The DLC thing? It’s just a hunch, like I said. There’s got to be a reason these influencers are getting care packages. Marketing teams don’t send these things out at random, especially when the clear objective is for Fadel to make videos out of it.

Good reason, or good enough reason. Still, you don’t think we’ll get news this month, let alone this week, do you?

19 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

Maybe there could be a Sonic Central soon? Always a possibility 

27 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

Did anyone else receive a card for the UV light in December? The packaging and contents for Fadel's February package seem completely different, but on the other hand it's weird that the package here has a UV light but no use for it.

I don’t know for certain, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a new Sonic Central coming soon yeah. There’s loads to talk about and the stars are aligning.

I was told by SEGA PR that I was supposed to find a message using the UV light but I didn’t get anything in the box for it, so I think they forgot to pack it! I doubt SEGA would make new ones for a DLC promo, but you never know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe the card that Fadel got is the same as the PR summary card, but with the text removed and updated for the current letter mentioning DLC?

K9nFbbe.png

3y2i990.png

It'd make more sense for something like this to be blank for mystery purposes, but idk

Another one.

21 hours ago, Dreadknux said:

Every day I believe you're right more and more

• Thumbs Up 1

These look so cool. Honestly, I would definitely buy one of these if they were put up for sale. I've been wanting a Switch copy anyways, aha.

So I asked some people I know about this, and it seems this is simply a delayed US Frontiers press kit drop that should have happened last year. There were production issues with the box apparently so the rollout got pushed back to now.

Its purpose is the same as the Frontiers box Sonic Stadium received in December (the tweet I posted earlier). So there won’t be anything new in there for those receiving it. 

I still think the timing is curious though, and indicative of something coming. Like I said, even if it was delayed these could have been sent a month ago. So it makes you wonder.

It would appear that even Pollock got one of the boxes too.

• Thumbs Up 1