Awoo.

Anybody want a Sega Superstars Tennis 2?

juiceDpunk983

Is there anybody else who wants this to be a thing? I personally liked the Tennis game more than all of the Sonic racing titles and would love to see Sumo digital attempt another Crazy Tennis game with modes such as hitting Zombies from House Of The Dead and running from the electric spike balls in Scrap Brain Zone.

I'm curious if there's anybody else who prefers this game than another racing game.

More than anything, I'm legitimately curious if Sumo's recent acquisition by Tencent will impact their... semi-regular work for SEGA.

Frankly? No. Superstars Tennis was alright, but I'm really not a fan of tennis games. There's no reason why it has to be a choice between tennis and racing though. Some people have been clamouring for a SEGA crossover fighting game for years. Personally though, I simply love all of the racing games. ASRT comes out on top, and despite failing to reach the fame heights for a number of reasons, TSR makes an excellent runner-up.

I'd probably still get a new SEGA Tennis game. But I'd be disappointed by one existing over the potential for something else. 

Pass. If your going to tread back into sports, I don't see why they need to do anything else with tennis. 

A soccer game would make more sense thanks to the global popularity. If you really want to get dangerous they should make an American Football game. That would be pretty sweet. 

I want to see Knuckles do a sack dance or watch Sonic get a penalty for taunting while he turns the corner to the endzone. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Tbh I would love a Mario Party-esque Sonic & SEGA game, I don't care particularly for a big roster in this case but it would be cool to use like 15+ characters in SEGA themed minigames.

• Thumbs Up 1

As much as I loved SEGA Superstar Tennis back in the day (ok, it was still, like, 5 years since it was released) I do agree with the majority here. It could be a fun game, perhaps it could be something as simple as a remaster or port, but deep down, there's much more SEGA/Sumo Digital could invest.

Also, isn't Mario & Sonic basically this with a bit more? I guess it could fill this wish if it wasn't Nintendo Exclusive.

Racing Games, though that's a bit saturated and SASRT is already consolidated, I'd love even more a Soccer game in the style of FIFA (it would be pretty random, but could be equally fun), and even a Mario Party already got its response with Sonic Shuffle, it's probably one of the game formulas that could work the most (though the whole Party genre hasn't seen an awake since its glory in the late 90s).

So, if we think they could use this development time to develop something like a Mania 2 or Advance 4 (all tempting names and these aren't the best enterprises to do so), or just a more solid mainline game, I'm not sure if it's a worth tradeoff. But a slimmer Mario & Sonic games, maybe even F2P with ads wouldn't be the worst scenarios.

Yeah, although I do have nostalgia for it, I'd pass. Racing (preferably with unique All-Star moves and tricks like the first) or a fighting game would be the way to go. Though I think a FG would open more doors for characters, as ones from RPGs, beat-em-up's, and other FGs lend better to that than racing.

Pretty sure one of the big reasons they chose tennis was motion control. With motion control less prominent nowadays… not sure. Though I would think a gridiron game would actually be pretty fun. 

After reading these, I'm loving the idea of some sort of football game or fighting game. Imagine a football game outside the house of the dead mansion with teams of Sega characters. Or a fighting tournament inside the Space Channel 5 ship. I'm actually surprised there ain't more "Sega Superstars" titles.

Also slightly off topic here but I'd also like to see the return of Mario and Sonic at the winter games, I always preferred the winter ones.

• Thumbs Up 1