Awoo.

Shadow's love life

Teoleulbogo

I will ship Sonic and Tails until the day I die. Given all the jokes made about them, they are the Ambiguously Gay Duo Batman and Robin of the Sonic series in terms of 'lol they're gay together' speculation =P

But since we are talking about Shadow here... huh. I guess the only person I even contemplating pairing him with is Amy, and for no canonical reason. Just simply to get both her and Shadow out of Sonic's way XD;;; (And also begrudgingly because they look good together; black and pink make an aesthetically pleasing combination).

• Thumbs Up 1

How about Shadow x his hand?

Seriously not someone I pair up with anyone. I don't take couples seriously anyway, unless it's shoved in my face, then we got problems.

How about Shadow x his hand?

Which brings up another point - would Shadow, being a government research project created with biological material donated from Black Doom and all, even have reproductive organs? And even if he did, would he have been made sterile?

I await the answer to this question, as well as the answers to many other burning questions to be revealed in the upcoming 20th anniversary game - Shadow the Hedgehog 2.

Edited by HunterTSF

Which brings up another point - would Shadow, being a government research project created with biological material donated from Black Doom and all, even have reproductive organs? And even if he did, would he have been made sterile?

I await the answer to this question, as well as the answers many other burning questions to be revealed in the upcoming 20th anniversary game - Shadow the Hedgehog 2.

If he's sterile but not impotent, more reason for him to stay at home with his hand.

Sonic isn't the kind of series that ought to deal with any romantic issues whatsoever. If I want my pairing fix, I'll go to a series with better character dynamic and actually incorporates elements of love in its story. Every fandom has its share of shipping, and there are couples that I am rather fond of in certain other series that I like, but if any pairing becomes official in the Sonic series, I will scream - good thing it ever won't!

Anyway, I think Shadow should hook up with Espio.

Replace Espio with Cheese and I couldn't agree more! Amy and Sonic as they are in the games ('cept Chronicles) are perfect for the light-hearted nature of the series. And the ambiguously "is there more to this?" relationship that Knuckles and Rouge have is entertaining.

I've actually Sega half-hinting SonicxBlaze, which actually bothers me the least out of all these ideas. It sort of reminds me of where Sonic keeps picking Blaze back up, and as he's doing it as a friend, it seems as Blaze has never had someone treat her like this before, she acts a lot more open around Sonic, almost like she's growing some affection for him. It's the only "relationship" I could see in the series that works that well, because it also notes that they both love being free and adventuring (although Blaze is tied down by duties), I just think they're the only ones that could really be a solid mutual love relationship (since we know Knuckles and Rouge will be nothing more than flirtatious rivals, and Sonic and Amys relationship is pretty one-sided). Plus, Sonic and Blaze both have personalities that complete each others, and them together is just so darn cute. :3

Although, Shadow? He's too much of a stern loner to ever like anyone.

Really, I don't like to bother with lovelifes of characters from a series about a blue hedgehog and checkered hills, but Sonic and Blaze are just too adorable to ignore for me. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

Replace Espio with Cheese and I couldn't agree more! Amy and Sonic as they are in the games ('cept Chronicles) are perfect for the light-hearted nature of the series. And the ambiguously "is there more to this?" relationship that Knuckles and Rouge have is entertaining.

I agree with this.

Speaking of Shadow... I don't think Maria was anything but family to him and not an insult to romantic relationships but I think that it would cheapen the relationship between the two if Shadow felt something different from deep sibling affection for Maria. Yes, I know, romatic love can steem from friendship and etc etc, but what we would have here would be something equivalent to incest and that cheapens the feelings to me.

I don't think Shadow would pursue a relationship with anyone since he's a loner, even if he found someone interesting. Rouge... I like to think they're friends above all, and again, nothing against romantic relationships, but I think a strong friendship can be stronger than most "love" out there. Amy was another option, but just after SA2. Amy knew exacly what to tell him, and her bubbliness and optimism could make him smile and distract himself from his melancholy, because even if he puts the past behind, it doesn't mean he has forgotten or doesn't suffer with it. I'm not saying Amy would even notice any of this happening, she'd still chase after Sonic the way she's supposed to and Shadow would not pursue a relationship because it's not his type of lifestyle so just a couple of hints here and there. But of course, the matter was never pursued in any of the games, so that pairing sunk even before it left the harbour. Rouge, again, would be the most likely.

Sonic X Blaze... I could see Blaze have feelings for Sonic. The other way around though, I doubt it.

Edited by redmenace
  • Thumbs Up 1

EggmanXEggman Nega is my official pairing.

Excessive amounts of Vasaline and Baby Oil are mandatory...

I guess the only person I even contemplating pairing him with is Amy, and for no canonical reason. Just simply to get both her and Shadow out of Sonic's way XD;;; (And also begrudgingly because they look good together; black and pink make an aesthetically pleasing combination).

If you don't have a canonical reason, I suppose this pairing would necessitate the placing of mind control chips in both Amy and Shadow's heads.^_^;; Which I guess would be kind of fun in its own way, even if it's not romance in the traditional sense.XD

Sonic X Blaze... I could see Blaze have feelings for Sonic. The other way around though, I doubt it.

Given how lonely and withdrawn she is, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Blaze had at least some feelings for half the protagonists.

Every ex-girlfriend does.

Hence the "ex"

(Apologies to my ex gf, please don't yell at me)

Edited by Indigo Dude

Ah, Shadow's love interests. A topic I know a fair bit about after carefully <S>shipping</S> studying it. *ahem*

However, my mind is pretty blank right now, and so I can't think of much to say.

Shadow x Maria

Yes, it's cute, but Maria is a bit too innocent. They're best friends(or rather - were.) and that's how it stays. ^^' Besides, Gerald wouldn't allow it.

This is hard. I used to ship this. ;.;

I still sometimes do...

Shadow x Rouge

Erm... Shadow seems to be her workmate, rather than a potential love interest.

Besides, I think Rouge likes Knuckles more /shot/

Shadow x Omega

Yes. Just yes.

Shadow x Sonic

DAMNTHEYCAUGHTMEOUT

Look, guys. Don't come to me for an unbiased view of Sonadow. ^^' I see any cutscene in a game with the two and my mind automatically converts it into a 'Sonadow moment'. So I'm not gonna say anything of interest here.

/shipshipshipshipshipshipshipshipshipshipshipshipship/

I'm almost surprised that no one in this thread has tried to ship Shads with Eggman yet.XD

"All right doctor, I'll grant you one wish..."

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm almost surprised that no one in this thread has tried to ship Shads with Eggman yet.XD

"All right doctor, I'll grant you one wish..."

Because obviously Eggman is reserved for Eggman Nega. Or Sonic. But I prefer the EggmanXEggman Nega coupling to the SonicXEggman couple. Though I could see both happening. In fact with that there's evidence of EggmanXTails. EggmanXShadow also is existent, but we all know a genius can only love himself, and who else but Nega?

*imagines Eggman and Eggman Nega making out*

Evidence? For Eggman/Tails? Oh God, KILL ME NOW x.x

Mind you, on the topic of Shadow... I've seen a fair few people pair him with Tails, also ^^; I have no idea why...

In fact with that there's evidence of EggmanXTails.

Heh, I saw potential for EggmanXTails in Sonic Chronicles...I guess I'm weird that way.XD

Evidence? For Eggman/Tails? Oh God, KILL ME NOW x.x

Mind you, on the topic of Shadow... I've seen a fair few people pair him with Tails, also ^^; I have no idea why...

Come on, weren't Eggman and Tails a bit too friendly in Adventure 2? And the ending of Adventure Tails Story? And the main winner becoming Eggman and Tails optional bonding in Sonic Chronicles? Chronicles had me laughing my ass off with how Tails and Eggman were getting closer to each other~

For Shadow though, I'm suprised no one has brought up ShadowXGUN Commander. Shadow did show him the light.

And if he wasn't a bastard, ShadowXBiolizard could of worked too.

Come on, weren't Eggman and Tails a bit too friendly in Adventure 2? And the ending of Adventure Tails Story? And the main winner becoming Eggman and Tails optional bonding in Sonic Chronicles? Chronicles had me laughing my ass off with how Tails and Eggman were getting closer to each other~

Heh, yeah, even one doesn't view them as physically compatible, I'd say there is a lot of potential for Tails and Eggman to have at least a friendship due to their shared interests. And I liked how, even though he said "I'll never forgive you for this" when it seemed like Eggman had killed Sonic, Tails tried to cheer him up at the very end of the game.^^

I still don't see the romantic potential in any of that D: Since when did two people being friendly equal proof or evidence of relationship hints?

I still don't see the romantic potential in any of that D: Since when did two people being friendly equal proof or evidence of relationship hints?

True.^^ I guess no one is overtly romantic/sexual in the series besides Amy and Rouge.^^

While the whole Tails/Eggman thing may seem understandably silly in the romantic sense, I'd still like to seem them gradually grow to be on more friendly terms.^^ One is a mature child, the other is a childish adult, so I find their interactions intriguing.^^

Since the beginning of fan couples.