Awoo.

Points System for Marketplace?

novelty

Although I don't use the Marketplace forum, It pisses me off that you guys don't have a points system for organization and safety. It would be easier to set point price and use them to buy merchandise in a secure location through this forum.

Also, the points could help out the forum and add a little flair (Glowing USERNAMES, awesome things, Collectible EMBLEMS).

If you don't understand or don't like the idea; let at least 2 admins to please tell me why this plan cannot work.

• Bad Quality Post 3

Although I don't use the Marketplace forum, It pisses me off that you guys don't have a points system for organization and safety.

Fantastic. Would you like to code it? I didn't think so.

It would be easier to set point price and use them to buy merchandise in a secure location through this forum.

If you're buying merchandise from a user whom is not very well known or has only been a user for a short time, you should be aware that there are risks involved. The staff are also not directly responsible for any misuse or misconduct performed in the sales as it is an arrangement between two individuals and not through us.

Also, the points could help out the forum and add a little flair (Glowing USERNAMES, awesome things, Collectible EMBLEMS).

No, no, and no. We've been down a road similar to that in the past and it's simply an annoyance both to the staff and users. Keep in mind that the plugin would have to be updated with each new version of Invision Board (which are being released at a fairly quick pace due to bug fixes and whatnot) and certain ones (such as the usernames) only work in specific browsers (Internet Explorer).

If you don't understand or don't like the idea; let at least 2 admins to please tell me why this plan cannot work.

I don't understand why you require two administrators to tell you why this plan cannot work or will not be taken into the planning stage.

I don't understand why you require two administrators to tell you why this plan cannot work or will not be taken into the planning stage.

because it seems that one flip-flops when another Admin says the contrary.

Fantastic. Would you like to code it? I didn't think so.

Isn't it a preset mod? Its called IBStore, that I remember.

It "pisses you off" that we're not using the particular system you want here? How nice for you. You're rather presumptuous aren't you?

Also, eww at glowing usernames etc. That kind of elitist tripe is stuff that I can't stand about other places, and I really hope we never see such tacky crap implemented here, to be honest ^^;

There's nothing wrong with the marketplace as it is. We have a clear "Buyer Beware" disclaimer, and there are post count and membership length conditions in place to reduce the likelihood of fraud. However, in the end, we can't babysit everyone and it should NOT be up to the administration to make sure that users don't get fleeced by their own lack of care or their stupidity.

Sorry, I view forums as en elitist type. Maybe because of power?

I made a stupid post and should regret it. I just feel stupid and jealous of something else and I took it out on here.

I made a stupid post and should regret it.

Not at all. Suggestions are always welcome here, so do feel free to keep ’em coming. We do not really use every single suggestion posted in here, obviously enough. We could use some more overall activity in here, heheh.

Lets cool jets for a moment guys...come on, we're all friends here!

We've struggled for quite some time to figure out a "safe" way for the market place to run, and the only viable means to which we could think of with minimal effort was to do it off how long someone has been a member. At the moment only a handful of us have exchanged items, and fortunately those who have are regular board users, so no one has had any qualms.

I really don't forsee the market place becoming a particularly busy place, so most of the transactions that go on are usually checked by at least one staffer, most of the time Flyboy and myself float around there, so its very heavily policed at the moment. Huge amounts of money isn't exchanging hands either. We're not ebay, nor do we attempt to be something of that ilk - it's simply a tool for trading bits and pieces between forum peoples.

As Chris said we tried the emblems thing a while back and it just got far to complex, so I don't think we're involking anything like this in the near future.

Your feedback is always welcome though, so don't feel like you have to keep opinions to yourself - sure we might not always act on them, but it's always useful to hear user opinions.

Cheers!

T