Awoo.

COMIC: Dr. Nonami

Dr. Mechano

Understanding of the rules: Simply posting a link to my webcomic would be a spammy "advertisement" post. But posting a link, while also providing individual image updates in this very topic, should fall under the parameters of the SSMB rules. I think.

That said, the comic is Dr. Nonami, the story of a young scientist as she stumbles into heroism, using her brainpower and gadgets to protect the world from all sorts of nefarious villains! Part action adventure, part slice of life comedy, all character study, this comic hopes to be an endearingly engaging series with a lovable cast of characters! I sincerely hope you enjoy it as I continue posting updates here.

Written by me, and drawn by my friend Clara, the comic is a collaborative effort that I'm having a total blast working on.

With that said, I will post the pages that are done so far:

9cd897caeULI1.png

The cover of issue one, featuring our protagonist!

e93c6ce5d4W26.png

Shenanigans.

91791a736r90A.png

The fight wages on! But who's she fighting, and why?

c0c1e9b52RTAp.jpg

Robot defeated!

0b64d3783OGST.jpg

Hey, it's Laura, Nonami's friend.

bc5c8f24aVm1t.jpg

Oh snap! It's Dr. Mechano!

Future pages will be posted here, naturally. Once the next page is ready, I'll post it here! I'm very excited for this comic, and hope that my story appeals to others as well. Enjoy!

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mwahahahaha. I already know about this and your little Dr. Mindbender look-alike. ;)

Needless to say, I do enjoy your comic and its quirky writing.

Indeed do go and check out his site, but forget the Awesome Possum jokes as he already heard them all from me. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Hmm...

I'm actually enjoying this quite a bit so far. Clara Fowler's art is beautiful, with a charming manga-esque style that mixes a sense of detail with a sense of the cartoonish.

It's nice to see Mechano again. To me, his appeal is that he's both something old and something new at the same time. The influence Eggman had on his creation is quite obvious, but I see that as a strength, not a weakness. He shares familiar traits with a previous character, but at the same time I can see him subtly evolving into his own unique entity.

The speech scene does a great job of introducing the audience to the character. Mechano manages to give off both an aura of calm self-assurance, and of giddy, childish excitement without being inconsistent. The huge grins are adorable, yet feel natural instead of exaggerated.

Nonami, the hero, is still a bit of an enigma at this point. The introduction to her character is interesting, as she states her world view, and has a funny slice-of-life moment with her best friend. However, I don't quite have a solid feel for what she's all about, yet. I think that may have been the point, though. Somehow, she seems like she's hiding a lot more depth than appearances show, and the thought of seeing Nonami develop as she battles her rival intrigues me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nice! Dr. Mechano's base is great and it's based off some other base. I can't think of what it's based on.

Edited by Foxboy Mick

Nicw! Dr. Mechano's base is great and it's based off some other base. I can't think of what it's based on.

It's not really based on any one particular base- Just the basic idea of a giant head-shaped fortress, common to egocentric super villains of Mechano's ilk... And also because the idea of Mechano's evil lair in a suburban neighborhood amongst normal houses just sort of amuses me a bit.

Yeah that's funny. I see he has a robotic butler. Does he have anymore robots? He should have like a whole bunch of 'em somewhere.

Yeah that's funny. I see he has a robotic butler. Does he have anymore robots? He should have like a whole bunch of 'em somewhere.

All I can say is "You'll see!" As the comic unfolds, you'll learn more about Mechano (and other villains), but I won't go ahead and tell you anything too specific just yet.

I literally laughed out loud at the evil base being in a neighborhood, smaller than the other houses, and with a mailbox in front. :lol: Good stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really liked Nonami's matter of fact, almost deadpan statement of "This is bad, I have to do something." There was something about it that felt ingenious in its simplicity.^^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Why, yes! This is relevant to my interests!

Any comic revolving around a wacky Eggman-esque "evil" villain is a winner in my book. The base scenes (specifically the mustache scene) aroused some laughs out of me. :lol: Keep up the good work, Mechano!

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

3a177b39aP29S.jpg

http://drnonami.smackjeeves.com/comics/959170/the-mad-scientist-page-10/

New page! Every maniacal madman needs a right hand cat, but lil' Destroyer is more cute and lazy than he is evil, despite Mechano's claims of him being a vicious killing machine.

And an intruder on Mechano's property?! Who could this be?!

ALSO! Like Dr. Nonami? Want to talk with like-minded fans? Support the comic by going to the site and joining the forums! (Maybe even submitting fan-content if you want to be super awesome!) We want to hear YOUR feedback! I'm dangerously veering into shameless advertisement territory here, so I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Dr. Mechano

WHO INDEED.

Hah, I'm loving this comic more and more with every page.

WHO INDEED.

Hah, I'm loving this comic more and more with every page.

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far!

It's all been buildup so far, but soon the two scientists are going to confront each other! I'm really excited for what's coming up, but to avoid spoilers, I'll just urge everyone to stay tuned.

• 1 month later...

The paintings and sculptures... Their-Their... Beautiful. ;3;

But liking the comic so far, keep it up you two. owo

• 1 month later...

Sorry to anyone wanting to read this comic, it was being hosted on my webspace but the renewal for it was today, and I have no cash, so my webspace went bye bye.

Mech, I'd suggest possibly using SmackJeeves or something. I feel really bad about this but I did give ample notice. Good luck with the rest of the comic though, I'll still be reading it :)

http://drnonami.smackjeeves.com/

Temporary relocation until I find better hosting.

As I said on the temp site, I want to thank Thirteen for hosting us for as long as he did. Your space has been much appreciated, and you were definitely a big help in getting this comic its start!

• 3 months later...