Awoo.

Dreadknux

It's odd. You'd think that people who want to make Sonic games would just either make it on Click and Create, or Multimedia Fusion. You know, make a game of their own. But no. Some decide to hack a Game Boy Cartridge or ROM, and stuff an already existing Sonic game in it.

bootleg-sonicgb-title.gif

I don't have anything against these hackers, I think they are pretty talented bods. But... well. If you want my opinion on this game, don't hesitate to read the information below. It's all the info you need, trust me. ....Hoo boy.

bootleg-sonicgb-001.gif

This game is excellent! It has all the action-packed greatness of the original Sonic 1, well obviously because it's a port of the same game onto the Game Boy. Wow. I just... wow. The sheer speed is enough to get you going. If you're really interested, keep reading. I mean the only drawback is that the graphics kinda screw up when you're running, but who cares when you got a game THIS good?

bootleg-sonicgb-002.gif

Right, the concept is slightly different than the original Mega Drive game, but well, it wouldn't be so good if it was just a straight port. OK. Are you ready? What you have to do is Sonic's main trait, you have to run...

bootleg-sonicgb-003.gif

And run...

bootleg-sonicgb-003.gif

And run...

bootleg-sonicgb-003.gif

And run...

bootleg-sonicgb-003.gif

And run...

bootleg-sonicgb-003.gif

And run...

bootleg-sonicgb-003.gif

And run...

bootleg-sonicgb-003.gif

And run…. See a pattern forming here? THAT’S ALL YOU CAN DO! There’s no jumping, no boss, no rings, no enemies, just running. You can’t even run back to the left of the screen for Christ’s sake! You just… run through Green Hills Zone, the background acting just as it would in the Flintstones. Just keeps on going and going and going… until…..

bootleg-sonicgb-003.gif

You have to do more running. D'OH!

View full story

• The topic was locked
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dreadknux

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic