Awoo.

'Pokémon Company' job listing mentions Blockchain and NFTs

DaBigJ

Not sure if topics like these are banned or not, so if they are then I sincerely apologize.

So this doesn't directly confirm Pokémon NFTs, but the fact that it even mentions these at all is a gigantic red flag, and if they actually go through with this then both the company and brand can get absolutely fucked for all I care.

It's real by the way

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Salamander

• Blue Blood

• BLUzCLUz

• DaBigJ

Top Posters In This Topic

We're talking about a company already allowing their games to decline in quality as they still make money. This is drilling down rock bottom.

Selling Pokémon themselves as NFTs is the most disgustingly obviously capitalist corporate idea ever. I don't know why the thought didn't occur to me sooner.

It's my understanding that Japan is still relatively uncritical of blockchain and NFTs, but I'm dubious of it getting much traction in the west - even though it's a western job posting for the international branch.  Nonetheless very disappointing merely in prospect.

The new series of Pokemon has Team Rocket rugpulling innocent trainers of their hard-mined PokéCoins and using them to re-sell rare Pokemon back to the trainers at a slightly higher price 

Not in Japan, where big publishers like Square Enix (and... Sega) are still harping on about their commitment to creating blockchain and NFT games.  Remember also that we're in a world where Sesame Street, of all things, just started offering NFTs.  But on the other hand, the NFT part of the job listing is really just a small corner that's more about being apprised of recent technologies in general ("and/or metaverse", note), and The Pokemon Company literally said only last year (whilst suing a company selling NFTs in their name) that they had deliberately chosen not to launch Pokemon NFTs.