Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog to start distribution in Mexico and Latin America

DaBigJ
GX -The Spindash-
Message added by GX -The Spindash-,

This topic was good and got turned into Sonic IDW Trade Paperbacks Now Available in Mexico and Latin America at some point.

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

DaBigJ was awarded the badge 'Sonic News Tipster' and 40 points.

For those who live in Mexico and Latin America, seems like you'll finally be getting IDW's Blue Blur soon!

Currently seems to just be older issues, but I'm sure that eventually they'll get the newer issues too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting...so the IDW comics were kind of limited to the US and Japan only?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 2:17 AM, Rabbitearsblog said:

Interesting...so the IDW comics were kind of limited to the US and Japan only?

No, I can't seem to find a list of countries it's available at, but I know for certain they are being published in Ukraine.

3 hours ago, Red Hot Jack said:

I missed this. Guess RIP to those who said IDW will lose its Sonic license soon

I don't understand about the whole "IDW is failing" thing that's been going on around the internet.  Is IDW actually failing?  Because from where I stand, IDW seems to be doing well, even though they did lose the license for some of their properties.

The comic book industry in general is kinda shaky - doubly so outside of Marvel and DC.

I don't think IDW is in any more danger than any other publisher but they are tied to the ebbs and flow of an industry that is really flexing to adapt to the outdated comic shop model and provide for a digital future.

Sonic is a strong comic IP tho. I'm not worried about anything related to it.

3 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I don't understand about the whole "IDW is failing" thing that's been going on around the internet.  Is IDW actually failing?  Because from where I stand, IDW seems to be doing well, even though they did lose the license for some of their properties.

David Mariotte who works for IDW clarified on twitter even though he didn't have to, sometime ago, that IDW is doing fine and Sonic in particular sells very well that they have plans for many more years from now.

1 hour ago, Red Hot Jack said:

David Mariotte who works for IDW clarified on twitter even though he didn't have to, sometime ago, that IDW is doing fine and Sonic in particular sells very well that they have plans for many more years from now.

That's great to hear!

You'll know IDW is in trouble if they suddenly lose TMNT, and that's not happening any time soon.

Anything else is just fearmongering.

1 hour ago, Zaysho said:

You'll know IDW is in trouble if they suddenly lose TMNT, and that's not happening any time soon.

Anything else is just fearmongering.

That's the vibe I got from all this too.  It feels like all of this "doom and gloom" for IDW was probably from people who either hated the IDW Sonic comics or just hate IDW in general.

Following on from asking for advice on this forum on whether i should bother withthe idw comics, i jumped straight in and bought the "idw collection" vols 1 and 2 and I really, really enjoyed them I'll be getting vol 3 next week and hope they continue to keep the collection going as i much prefer the "collected" hardback book format. I hope they contiune to published for a while yet

I do wonder if the 30th anniversary one shot will be in any potential vol 4 or 5 though, or if I will need to get it seperatley, but either way,if a sceptic like me can be won over, then its no suprise that idw are saying the series is doing well. Yay. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, castell-neath said:

Following on from asking for advice on this forum on whether i should bother withthe idw comics, i jumped straight in and bought the "idw collection" vols 1 and 2 and I really, really enjoyed them I'll be getting vol 3 next week and hope they continue to keep the collection going as i much prefer the "collected" hardback book format. I hope they contiune to published for a while yet

I do wonder if the 30th anniversary one shot will be in any potential vol 4 or 5 though, or if I will need to get it seperatley, but either way,if a sceptic like me can be won over, then its no suprise that idw are saying the series is doing well. Yay. 

I think you made the right choice. Because reading them monthly is just a pain anyway, I do not recommend that (even though it helps sales I guess), because it's really slow and tiring to read a short issue and then wait for another issue to come out, binge reading is very much more recommended especially in this case. 

• Fist Bump 2

2 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

I think you made the right choice. Because reading them monthly is just a pain anyway, I do not recommend that (even though it helps sales I guess), because it's really slow and tiring to read a short issue and then wait for another issue to come out, binge reading is very much more recommended especially in this case. 

Totally agree. Its much more enjoyable and the story seems more coherent when binge reading. Also these versions just seem more "special" when collected in this publication. Nice glossy pages, alternate covers included at the of each issue, and a consistent front cover design too. Its just a very nice package on top of the quality produced on the pages. Also by shopping around you can get it new, from a reputable company for £32.99 as opposed to the full £55 of the rrp so its excellent value for money too

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Red Hot Jack said:

I agree with this! I prefer to buy the ultimate collections of this series rather than buy them by single issues.  Don't get me wrong, I think that we should support this series through buying single issues, but they take forever to come out and I think that the stories read better when you buy them in collections.

• Fist Bump 1