Awoo.

Sonic Channel: Sonic Spinball 30th Anniversary Art

Sonictrainer
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Sonic Spinball's 30th Anniversary Highlighted in New Sonic Channel Artwork at some point.

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

Sonictrainer was awarded the badge 'Sonic News Tipster' and 50 points.

Some art of Sonic using a drum barrel as a boat

FrJLMzqaIAAoFSB?format=jpg&name=large

Twitter Translation: A commemorative illustration of "Sonic Spinball" celebrating its 30th anniversary this month will be released✨

Break through Eggman Base's "Pinball Defense System" and rescue the robotized animals🔵💨

In the first stage, this barrel floating in the swamp under the flipper helped me many times when I fell...😅

• Thumbs Up 3

If there's one thing to make life worth living, it's the monthly Sonic Channel art.

Always love how of all the spinoff Sonic games, spinball seems to be one that constantly gets callbacks (Toxic Caves being in Generations music list, its ost chosen for Origins). Not complaining at all, I just like seeing Sega reference a pinball spinoff game of all things so much.

I appreciate this. I liked Spinball. Something about the feel of it, not from a gameplay side, necessarily, but atmosphere. Maybe the sounds, maybe the art style. Can't explain it.

32 minutes ago, DaBigJ said:

30 years of the greatest game ever made

Naw, Pong is over 50 at this point.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bit weird they say the game celebrates the 30th Anniversary "this month" - the game came out in November 1993 in the West, and December 1993 in Japan. But I don't mind. Any excuse for a good Spinball reference! Toxic Caves!

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

Bit weird they say the game celebrates the 30th Anniversary "this month" - the game came out in November 1993 in the West, and December 1993 in Japan. But I don't mind. Any excuse for a good Spinball reference! Toxic Caves!

The crazy theorist within me wants to think there's a specific reason for it.

Involving a possible upgrade to a certain a collection.

But the realism within me just assumes they're doing it now to not forget

12 hours ago, DaBigJ said:

The crazy theorist within me wants to think there's a specific reason for it.

Involving a possible upgrade to a certain a collection.

But the realism within me just assumes they're doing it now to not forget

I don't think it's terribly unlikely. We know they got the Plus version coming, Mount Mobius already appears on the menu screen, and I think it's *relatively* popular for a spinoff (I just think, I don't have sale numbers)

It'd be lower on the list than like... Knuckles Chaotix. But possible.

Edit: Whether this is a sign, though? Ehh. Hesitant to jump at it.