Awoo.

RUMOR: Sonic Origins Plus to release June 23rd

DaBigJ
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into RUMOR: Sonic Origins Plus Coming in June, Will Include Game Gear Games & Playable Amy at some point.

12 game gear games huh. That's neat, hopefully they don't JUST do the game gear versions, and have the master system versions for the games that got a port. I guess I can understand Chaotix not getting remade (especially since this DLC probably has a year of dev time AT BEST), but I'm surprised they aren't also tossing in 3D Blast and Genesis Spinball as well. May as well at this point, it's not like they have a dozen genesis emulators waiting around from past collections or anything.

Playable Amy is neat. I doubt I'll ever use her since I rarely use anyone other than Sonic, but the option is nice. Same for knux in cd. I wonder how Amy will work in CD, will they have Sonic get captured by metal instead?

Physical art book is always nice, I wonder what kind of art will be in it. Collection concepts/art, or unreleased art from waaay back when?

Hopefully (like they did in Mania+) they can also reformat some of the menu screens and options across all the individual games into something a bit more cohesive overall. 

Honestly the playable Amy and Knuckles in CD has me hopeful headcannon was brought back to polish the game

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, LegoFedora said:

I wonder how Amy will work in CD, will they have Sonic get captured by metal instead?

It'll likely act the same way as it does when playing the game as Tails (so no Metal appearance in Collision Chaos 1, and no-one to rescue at the end of Stardust Speedway).

No Master System games? I'll take the GG exclusives but I was hoping they'd include MS Sonic 1 and 2 instead at least.

Now all that's left is waiting to see if 3&K gets any patches or not

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sonicka said:

Hopefully (like they did in Mania+) they can also reformat some of the menu screens and options across all the individual games into something a bit more cohesive overall. 

Adding to this, I hope they managed to finish up the neat sprite swap feature (allowing sonic 2 sprites on sonic 3, etc). And allow stuff like the elemental shields in sonic 1/2 without needing the debug to enable them. 

Game Gear Spinball over Genesis/Mega Drive Spinball would be pretty weird.

I'd be so down for a Physical release with playable Amy and Knux in CD. That Amy sprite looks good.

image.thumb.png.3053925607ecd3a67a49dc01c92cff89.png

A guy on Retro a few weeks back said they'd heard Amy would be playable and that game gear games might be included.

Hopefully we'll get an official announcement soon.

Even if all this is true I still won't be content unless they add the option of the finite lives system to Anniversary/Story/Mirror Mode.

:memelord:

No doubt we'll hear about this very soon. Wouldn't be shocked if it was within a few days at most

My eyes are shining bright like a diamond. Instant buy if true.

Playable Amy is worth the admissions alone. Assuming her gameplay is good that is.

Game Gear games are... okay, but if 1/3 of them are inferior ports of the Master System versions (Sonic 1 & 2) and especially Genesis ones (Mean Bean, Spinball) versions. Even more considering the amazing Triple Trouble fan-remake that came out recently.

I think I would prefer just those 4 games but superior form, maybe some little touch-ups to make them more fun.

Wait....playable amy? Does this mean we get

1679573878474.jpg.2728a62dbcc31d1917ce1a7d02e7d3eb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit this sounds amazing, this game really should’ve just not have come out at all last year at this point because THIS is what it should’ve been. Once again I’m very glad I passed on the original 

• Thumbs Up 2

Really, the only downside is a lack of games like 3D Blast, but what can you do?

I hope we get more animated cutscenes for the Game Gear games. I'd love to see how Sonic 2 GG or Tails Skyparol/Adventure has it's stories told with animation!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oof, that looks like a lot of stuff for only a year of development. I even have trouble setting my hype high.

About the genesis ports, isn't it because much of it is already available as part of the SEGA Genesis Classics? Unless they removed the games which weren't featured in Origins, Genesis Spinball, 3D Blast and Mean Bean are already available on Steam (and other platforms I believe).

I just wish (which I doubt, a lot) the game come also with a price reduction, or at least a better regional pricing. No joke, where I live Origins is more expansive than Flight Simulator 2020, Sonic Frontiers (both on sale) and Life is Strange and Skywalker Saga at full price (Separately, of course). For 4 games I already own!

But Amy playable on all 4 games and possibly even the game gear games, wow that's huge. But again, all this in less than a month? I can't help but take all this with a grain of salt.

Oh MAN I hope this is true!  This all sounds amazing!  I’d DEFINITELY snag that $39 bundle with the physical artbook!!

23rd is true, according to this trailer. Couldn't see if Knuckles was in any Sonic CD levels though.

• Nice Smile 1

Curious to see what's going on in that clip with Amy's hammer swing after landing on the ground. Glad she's finally playable again, and also glad it's not just the Advance moveset, wasn't a big fan of it.