Awoo.

SEGA Says 'Maybe' to Sonic and Mario Crossover

Dreadknux

Oh Sega, you absolute tease! After Yuji Naka poured cold water on the idea that Mario and Sonic could star in a game together, it seems that Sega of America's president Peter Moore is going against that, stating that the company is keeping its options open.

Commenting on the rumour that Sega and Nintendo would be working together on a title, Moore said "I think that's just wishful thinking... but if I got a phone call at four o'clock this afternoon from Japan that said they were doing it, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

"We have a great relationship with NCL all the way to (Nintendo CEO Hiroshi) Yamauchi-san, who has great regard for Sega and what we've done over the years. There is also an incredible mutual respect, particularly between Naka and Miyamoto."

So... wait, is that a 'yes' or a 'no'? It's a 'maybe', apparently. "Have we done anything? No. Are they talking about it? I'm sure. Have we announced anything? No. Might we? I bet you that we do."

Moore also said that "it wouldn't surprise me at all if Sonic were to show up in Super Smash Bros. Melee," which is another huge Sega/Nintendo collaboration rumour doing the rounds. "It's just a rumor at this point, there is nothing definitive. And I'm not holding anything back. But with that said, I've got to believe that conversations are being had."

There you have it. It could happen after all! What a weird rollercoaster ride this is becoming.

Source: IGN (Via SegaWeb)

View full story

• The topic was locked
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dreadknux

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic