Awoo.

Dolphin Emulator Coming To Steam

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

Using the overall legality of emulators, it appears that Steam will be officially hosting the Dolphin Emulator form their storefront. It's set to be available by Q2 2023.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

I saw this tweet

and it honestly raises a point I don't really see to often.

Emulators are 100% legal and companies don't have any grounds to go after them. If they were bundled with pirated games then yeah, they could, but no emulator does this. If emulators weren't legal, preservation of games from the 8-bit to 16-bit generations would be borderline impossible since emulating is probably the main cause of re-releases for these types of games.

Nintendo may hate piracy to all hell and back, but even they know that they can't go after the emulators that people use because they're perfectly legal, and if you don't think this is the tightest shit then I don't know what to tell you.