Awoo.

PokéPark: Pikachu's Great Adventure for Wii

Solid SOAP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l6ceSZD8To&feature=related

I was never a huge Pokémon fan, but I always hoped that one day Nintendo would develop a 3D Pokémon adventure game with 3D battles, mini-games, the works. Well, Nintendo have finally heard my prayers and are creating one for Wii, and I'm actually pretty excited. The trailer shows Pikachu fighting and racing other Pokémon, as well as platforming and adventuring throughout an overworld. I've always wanted to see this in a Pokémon game and wouldn't be surprise if a lot of others did too. There's not much info on this game besides what's seen in the trailer, but uh, Pokémon fans discuss this, I suppose.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well let me just get this out of the way first of all: It's ABOUT FUCKING TIME Game Freak organised a more realtime-based Pokemon game.

It looks a lot tamer than I was expecting though. So far it looks as though the majority of the game is a minigame collection disguised as an adventure game (in much the same way Banjo: Nuts and Bolts did). Or maybe I'm just bitter than there isn't a whole lot of battle footage in that clip, which is definently what I was looking forward to. Call me cautiously optimistic for this one, at the very least. For me it could go either way.

And here I thought I was the only one asking for a real-time Pokemon battle game.

It's been a while since I've played a pokemon game, as I quit playing them right after the Gold and Silver Series.

But I'm not too sure what to say about this. The battles look nice, but they seem to be lacking a bit. It's as if Thundershock was the only move Pickachu could do, but there may be more to it than this.

I'd like to see a little bit more info tho before I get excited.

It looks like it would be fun, although at this moment it just looks like a collection of minigames with the fighting being one of them. It's something I'll be keping my eye on but I'm not expecting too much.

One thing I would like would be a Pokemon MMO ,although if the day comes there's a Pokemon MMO I'm sure the internet will break.

It looks like it would be fun, although at this moment it just looks like a collection of minigames with the fighting being one of them. It's something I'll be keping my eye on but I'm not expecting too much.

One thing I would like would be a Pokemon MMO ,although if the day comes there's a Pokemon MMO I'm sure the internet will break.

I agree, even though this is step forward. I am playing this game when it comes out that's for sure. Nintendo is surprising me with cool games they are realizing lately, now all we need to find is the time to play all that xD.

I'm really liking this idea as it was the slow, turn-based battles of the games that ultimately turned me off of the series when I was younger. Say what you want about the anime, the concept of trained mutant critters battling with crazy super powers created some very interesting fight dynamics that are rarely seen in other series.

This is the first Pokemon game that has caught my interest since Gold and Silver. Hope to be fun and definitely will look into it.

It looks like it has potential but WHY THE HELL DOES PIKAFOOL HAVE TO BE THE MAIN CHARACTER? Why can't it be Charizard or lucario?

It looks like it has potential but WHY THE HELL DOES PIKAFOOL HAVE TO BE THE MAIN CHARACTER? Why can't it be Charizard or lucario?

Isn't it obvious? Pikachu is the most iconic Pokemon by masses, people all over the world know of Pikachu. You ask some random person in the street what they think of Lucario, most times you'll get a very odd look. Pikcahu is practically Pokemon's own mascot.

Anyway, I stopped buying the games at Ruby and Sapphire, this however looks interesting...can't judge whether it's worth a buy yet but I'm going to be looking into it over time...

I kind of wrote this off as another Pokemon Ranch type game, but this looks to have a lot more content, even if it ends up being a mini-game collection. This is the closest thing to 3D Pokemon action we've seen yet, so I'll be keeping an eye on this as well despite not owning a Wii. How long will they wait to go Zelda 64 on this series?

It does look like their going in the right step to the 3D Pokemon action game I dreamt of being able to play. I might not be interested in this but if they decide to make it less mini game and more battling then I would want it.

Now take this, put you in control of an actual Pokemon trainer, with random battles in grass and all, same battle style, and pretend that all Pokemon after Gold and Silver never existed. That is when I will feel happy for this.

But no matter what, you will never convince me to buy a game that has anything more than 251 Pokemon (not counting trades) ever.

EEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Meh, some of the newer Pokemon do suck ass, but there are quite a few that I don't think are quite as bad as everyone makes them out to be. I do love the 1st and 2nd generations the most still probably, but I think the 3rd gen has more of my top favorite individual Pokemon than any of the other generations.

I hate when they add on to the first or second generation Pokemon though I'll give you that. It kinda ruins it, >;.

On topic though. I'm not really that interested in this. It's a step, but I'd much rather play as a trainer like in the main Gameboy games. Something like Pokemon XD, but make it much, much better, 8D.

-Blur

Lol, I said "though" a lot, XD.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now take this, put you in control of an actual Pokemon trainer, with random battles in grass and all, same battle style, and pretend that all Pokemon after Gold and Silver never existed. That is when I will feel happy for this.

But no matter what, you will never convince me to buy a game that has anything more than 251 Pokemon (not counting trades) ever.

EEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR

I agree with all of this except the scrapping all the Pokemon after the G/S ones. I would say that they should take some of the better designs from the later generations and replace some of the less creative designs the first 2 generations had though (Eg. Seel and Qwilfish)

Now to actually talk about the subject at hand. The game itself doesn't look too good apart from the fighting (And even then the lack of moves you can do and the fact that you can only fight as Pikachu is a bit of a downer.) Also I bet things like Torterra and Mamoswine will still be able to be hit by thunderbolt in the fights :/

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not really very interested in this, since it could just be a generic real time action game with tons of mini games stuffed in. Also the graphics look sub-par. I don't see this being anywhere near the scope of what we've come to expect from Nintendo adventures.

Btw, 3rd/4th Gen > 1st/2nd Gen.

I certainly wouldn't be happy if my favourite Pokémon of all time were omitted from future Pokémon games just because a few fans (who just happen to be experts in what makes good Pokémon design) didn't like them.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

3rd/4th Gen

3rd/4th Gen

You just seem to enjoy making me want to burn everything you ever loved don't you.

Unless you are omiting R/S/E and just like FR and LG. Then I can relate because they were pretty good.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

You just seem to enjoy making me want to burn everything you ever loved don't you.

Unless you are omiting R/S/E and just like FR and LG. Then I can relate because they were pretty good.

No, FR/LG felt pretty dated and tiny to me. Plus I felt like they ruined perfectly good music into badly made trumpet MIDIs.... but everyone's heard that all before. Thankfully the HG/SS remixes are fantastic.

If it's any consolation, I feel like burning stuff every time people try to pretend that no Pokémon after 151/251 exist; so atleast we're even.

Seriously, if they tried to get rid of Pokémon like Leafeon, Yanmega, Gardevoir, Lucario... I would be a very upset Pokémon fan and would feel resentment forever. Thankfully that will never happen.

Atleast for you they haven't gotten rid of anything you like about Pokémon, heck you should be happy, they've gotten what they had 10 years ago and made it a HUGE game.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Damn, I haven't touched a Pokemon game since Silver. How many Pokemon are there now anyway?

There are 493.

I will admit that there have been some poor Pokémon in the last few gens (especially the lake trio in Gen IV...), but in total honesty I've never liked Pokémon like Zubat, Golbat, Geodude, Seel etc.

People need to stop letting nostalgia fog their judgement.

I'd say all gens are about even in their awesome:lame ratios.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Holy shit! O_O I took me forever to get all 151 in the original game. I'd never have the patience to go for 493.

Nintendo don't expect you to. And if you want to - just start out with your favourites. They're all still there and you're bound to get some new favourites.

People just don't give it a chance!!

Personally I can't get enough of it! Pokémon is the only RPG I can play almost forever and still have loads to do. I have about 450 on Platinum right now, and I 100%ed Sapphire... I'm still playing Platinum often. No other game will make me do that.

It's easily one of my favourite franchises because of how long it can last me.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Holy shit! O_O I took me forever to get all 151 in the original game. I'd never have the patience to go for 493.

Believe me, you can get most of them in game or through events with only Heart Gold/Soul Silver and Platinum. I believe with only those 2 games the only unobtainable Pokemon (Counting events) are Trapinch, Vibrava and Flygon (Which are obtainable in Diamond/Pearl). If you dont count events you cant get Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus

• Thumbs Up 1