Awoo.

Michelle Ruff, Cream's voice actor since 2010, says she hasn't recorded any new line since then and complains about SEGA

Solister

michelle-ruff-1440x564_c.png

Michelle Ruff, Cream's current voice actor since 2010, says she hasn't recorded any new lines for the series since the DS version of Sonic Colo(u)rs, and doesn't look pleased at the fact SEGA keeps reusing the voices recorded then on new games:

THE NATURAL ARISTOCRAT (NIR REGEV): Is voicing Cream the Rabbit from Sonic one of your guilty pleasures in the dub world?

MICHELLE RUFF: So with Cream the Rabbit, I recorded her back in 2010 for Sonic Colors. Well, they reused my recordings for future projects and apparently, I had signed something giving them permission to do that.

I don’t remember, but all of these future Sonic games that have come out with Cream the Rabbit in them, I have made no money off of them at all.

Everybody’s like, ‘You’re Cream the Rabbit in all these games!’ Sonic at the Tokyo Olympics 2020, Sonic at the Winter Olympics 2016. And I’m like, I did not record one line for any of those games.

Cream the Rabbit and Cheese Chao in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

They just lifted what I did from 2010. Which is kind of honestly, between you and I and the fans, it’s kind of s****y.

It’s like you can’t afford to give me a day player contract for using my voice and a new game? I don’t know, it just doesn’t feel great.

THE NATURAL ARISTOCRAT: It’s kind of like using a soundboard it sounds like.

MICHELLE RUFF: Yeah, it just doesn’t feel good.

Even then, Cream is not present on the Wii/Ultimate version of Sonic Colo(u)rs, which also shows how long since Cream hasn't got any mainline role.

Via: SoahCity and The Natural Aristocrat

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Absolutely 1

Sega’s not very good at finding roles for the characters they make. Even worse, they veto whenever someone does find a place for a character.

Lemme write the character. I can damn sure find something that fits Cream perfectly! That way her VA has something.

That's just another reason why Cream should be used more. If she was in Team Sonic Racing at least they would have needed new voice lines, and... now that I think, maybe that's the reason why they excluded her, because they couldn't reuse the voice assets they had. They must hate the voice actress, or are just greedy.

Honestly, what Sega is doing with Cream is really annoying... maybe the character is not popular enough, but a character can't be popular if you don't freaking put her in games for 15 years (meaningfully at least).

• Thumbs Up 2

The only games Cream would be in are the Olympic games...and the mobile games.

Also the last game Cream had any lines was Sonic Generations, not Sonic Colors.

---

They just need to use her.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a shame (I also assume she MEANS Sonic Generations because that game definitely has cut-scene lines for her that feel bespoke for that game, rather than re-used) but it does make sense to just re-use stock stuff for spin-offs, and it just so happens that she recorded a tertiary character in the grand scheme of the series so... yeah.

Having said that, paying royalties for legacy VA work absolutely should be the norm, or at least paying something extra at the time for generic lines intended to be re-used.  (It is a tricky thing though in terms of where you stop with that... like, should the staff who modelled and textured Green Hill in Generations get royalties every game that wheel those out?  Should the original visual designer for Sonic 1 get royalties for coming up with that stuff in the first place?  Etc.  Like, I want to say "yes, obviously!" but I wonder how quickly that would destroy the industry under our flawed capitalistic system lol).

• Thumbs Up 2

Rough as it might be, SEGA doesn't have it "against" this voice actress, I have read this thing on Twitter as well and it's kinda dumb, very Anglo-centric too. 

Let alone the fact that Sonic games are also dubbed in what is in most cases their original Japanese, since Generations they have also been dubbed in other languages, at least in Europe, and no, SEGA isn't withholding Cream just to mess with the English (that is, one of many) voice actress of that character

The problem is SEGA just not knowing what to do with Cream, and considering even the comics have her being relegated to the role of "a child, she's a child, things are dangerous for her", although that was worse in the Archie comics, it is what it is. 

• Thumbs Up 4

While this might be true...

it's also suspicious that they avoided to include her in Team Sonic Racing, and replaced her "character slot" in Team Rose with Omochao.

Team Sonic Racing has many interactions between the characters in the form of voice lines during the race, so I suspect that the voice might have played a role in her exclusion, not sure specifically how but still (I got this vibe even before knowing of this news; I used to think that she was excluded because a lot of people usually complain that Cream's high pitch voice is annoying).

You don't have to know what to do with a character in order to include said character in a racing spin-off, and when you put Team Rose in the game, people expect Cream to be part of the team; still she was not, and it made absolutely no sense, as funny as the chao car was.

Certainly, if Cream was in TSR as it should have been, Michelle Ruff would have not complained about not recording anything since 2010.

---

It's also true that Sega does not seem to know what to do with the character (or most of their characters anyway), but that's not an excuse... they shoehorned characters in a lot of games, and when Amy was hated and considered bad, they retooled her several times until people liked her. With Cream they don't even try.

The Advance trilogy + Battle, Sonic Rush and Sonic Heroes never got re-released, and those are the only games where Cream had a decent role in... She doesn't get new roles, and the old games where she was relevant are now deleted from history, so she's becoming nothing, thanks to SEGA. Her cheerleader role in Generations is all what remains at the moment, no wonder why she's unpopular.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Iko said:

You don't have to know what to do with a character in order to include said character in a racing spin-off, and when you put Team Rose in the game, people expect Cream to be part of the team; still she was not, and it made absolutely no sense, as funny as the chao car was.

The Chaotix were literally down Espio and Charmy. 

I wouldn't even compare Cream to Amy at all; Amy is the main heroine, Cream...isn't. Of course they're gonna put more effort in making the former more appealing than the latter. There might have been a time when she was considered a main character but that's such a small part of the franchise's three decade lifespan and Sega have clearly moved on from her for whatever reason. 

I'm not going to say that Cream fans should like it, but like...it is what it is. There's very clearly a character hierarchy that Sega adheres to and Cream is unfortunately near the bottom of the totem pole. 

I would love to get more Blaze, but that's pretty clearly not going to happen outside of bread crumbs like a non-canon visual novel or sporadic comic appearances. 

• Thumbs Up 2

45 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

The Chaotix were literally down Espio and Charmy.

I would understand that if she was left out in favor of some other relevant character... but she was left out for a character they had to make up out of nowhere (not even a character, a group of random chao actually), as if they had that empty slot and had to fill it with a random filler. Vector was merged with Blaze and Silver to complete their team because they had no power type, so while it still sucks as well, it was for a reason, and in fact Team Chaotix is not in the game, Vector is just an exception. With Cream it's different... there's Team Rose, they left her out from her own team, in favor of a filler character that was totally unneeded because there was already a character to fill that spot, Cream indeed.

Could have made a kart with Cream and the chao at the same time, it's not like she's not associated with Chao at all.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't care how fucking short it was. Cream was the fifth main hero of this franchise and ought to remain as such, rather than be thrown away. It's not even like there's nothing that can be done with her to warrant this shit! She's a curious little girl with a presumably sheltered upbringing, that's the perfect background for a character to go on adventures! And what better way to do that than with than the famous adventuring hero himself? Especially since the story for the Sonic Channel calendar/wallpaper in May 2021 had Cream spell out that she loves adventuring! And if I'm recalling correctly, SEGA/Sonic Team want to promote Amy more to better market the franchise to girls. Well, Cream was made to be Amy's sidekick, and loads of fans want Amy to go on her own adventures independent from Sonic. That's some serious material to work with that warrants utilizing Cream in a major way.

"Oh, well, Cream is a mere civilian who simply tagged along with the heroes. Never was a hero herself-" BULL. SHIT. You assholes had Cream make her god damn debut going on a rescue mission for her mother without the assistance of anyone except Cheese. You had her quite willingly go on dangerous adventures to save people she loves. And even allowed Cream to be among the heroes who go into space to fight the Metarex in Season 3 of Sonic X. Cream was always a fucking hero, that's just an extremely stupid excuse to not use her again. And why? Cause Cream's not popular? Yeah, the many comments across all social media I've seen would beg to differ. People love Cream more than not; they want to see more of her, and are sad/angry with her forced exclusions in recent games and media. Many of them were looking forward to play as Cream in Team Sonic Racing, only to be greeted with fucking Omochao and three rando Chao in Cream's slot for Team Rose.

• Thumbs Up 5

Cream was the "fifth main character" for about 3 years for a franchise's 30 year long history period, in two handheld titles. I'm not sure why people keep saying that like SEGA is supposed to just honor it. Silver was meant to be a "third pillar" to Sonic and Shadow at one point but his role got reduced when he didn't catch on. What makes you think Cream deserves any better?  The main sonic characters are the main characters because they're the most popular and well known ones. My favorite Sonic characters are either dead or locked to a failed racing spinoff and I had to get over it. You'll be fine.

She's not around because she's not that popular and the trends that lead to her introduction fell out of favor.  I think voice actors should be paid when their work is recycled but I'm not sure if there's much of an injustice going on here otherwise. 

• Thumbs Up 9

5 hours ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

Well, Cream was made to be Amy's sidekick, and loads of fans want Amy to go on her own adventures independent from Sonic. That's some serious material to work with that warrants utilizing Cream in a major way.

Uh.... Mild Frontiers spoilers

Spoiler

Isn't that exactly what Amy said she was going to do at the end of the game? Grab Cream and Sticks and make a "road trip" out of it?

If we are lucky, this may be yet another problem that Flynn fixes for us.

• Fist Bump 3

About the Frontiers spoiler:

Spoiler

As much as I want to believe in that, the fact that Kishimoto personally removed that sentence (and many others) from the script of the game in the Japanese version, brings me very little hopes.

Anyway, Cream's current situation is basically Adeleine from Kirby all over again. Introduced as a major character and meant to stay, the developers decided that "she didn't catch on" and left her in the dust for 18 years, then eventually they had to bring her back and turn her into a main stay side character because you can't delete a piece of history of your franchise, she's been a major character once, even if for a short time, and people will eventually remember that at some point.

I hope this will happen for Cream too eventually...

Additionally, while Cream's time has been roughly 3 years long (I would say a little bit more but still), she was seen as a major character by the players for about a decade, before fading into oblivion. The early 2000s were also the big introduction to Sonic for a second wave of fans who are now adults and grew up with the Adventure (on Gamecube) and the Advance games, and by watching Sonic X. It's like saying that the Classic era is irrelevant because it was short. The Advance and Rush games still have a lot of appeal, the only missing thing is a re-release or a remaster. Blaze is still beloved due to Sonic Rush, not 06.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I feel that they should pay for reusing voice, I don't think that there is any conspiracy or anything. Cream isn't a core character since 2006, and have been used strongly in basically 6 game for 3 years. If they don't see use for the character I'd rather have not them use her as a filler.

Now yes the situation sucks for her VA: beeing hired for a character at the moment they are stopping using it, it's not fun, and she deserve more money when they use her works imo.

But them not using Cream isn't some weird inexplicable choice. I mean, even Murder of Sonic don't have her.

4 hours ago, Iko said:

About the Frontiers spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

As much as I want to believe in that, the fact that Kishimoto personally removed that sentence (and many others) from the script of the game in the Japanese version, brings me very little hopes.

Anyway, Cream's current situation is basically Adeleine from Kirby all over again. Introduced as a major character and meant to stay, the developers decided that "she didn't catch on" and left her in the dust for 18 years, then eventually they had to bring her back and turn her into a main stay side character because you can't delete a piece of history of your franchise, she's been a major character once, even if for a short time, and people will eventually remember that at some point.

You mean they brought her back in the game that's specifically about bringing old characters back? Because Adeleine isn't in Forgotten Land while every other mainstay is...

I'm honestly so confused and perplexed by this topic. People are treating this like Sega are doing something scummy when...they're not. It's not aome injustice that some characters fall by the wayside. There's not a single piece of media where every member of the cast get equal treatment.

And I get it, that sucks for those fans and they desperately wanna see more of their favorites. But trying to frame this situation as Sega being malicious for not using Cream is so disingenuous and ludicrous that I can't even begin to take it seriously. 

People keep harping how she was "the fifth main character" but kind of ignore the context behind that statement. Yes, she was the fifth main character...in a series of handheld games with minimal story that barely got any advertising. She literally debuted with little to no fanfare whatsoever, especially when compared to the other popular characters. And even afterwards, she's never gotten a particularly huge role in any of her appearances as she's playing second fiddle to characters to the likes of Amy or Blaze, who themselves are secondary characters. That literally makes her tertiary by definition. Sega never meant for her to be a big deal, and Sega have absolutely reservations at pushing characters they prefer, you literally only have to look at Shadow and Silver for that, who were all over advertising when their respective games came out.

Cream got little, to absolutely no advertising whatsoever when Sonic Advance 2 or Sonic Heroes came out. Shadow being revived was treated as a bigger deal for the latter than Cream showing up.

She's just...never felt important. And this isn't malicious intent on Sega's part either, they just had no real intention for her to be a major character and that's literally every series in existence. Some characters just...exist and aren't supposed to be a big deal.

I wouldn't have even cared about this topic bit people are actually starting to treat this like its news. Voice actors should be paid for legacy clips I agree, but that's as far as I agree.

• Thumbs Up 4

16 hours ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

I don't care how fucking short it was. Cream was the fifth main hero of this franchise and ought to remain as such

Nu-uh. Big was 5th main hero for the entire 1 game (2, counting Shuffle), he tooootally should remain as such
But wait! Mighty and Ray are older than Amy and Knuckles. They USED TO be 3rd and 4th most important mobian out there.
Or a less-snarky, less-forced example: Shadow is important now but used to be IMPORTANT during 2001-2006, eclipsing Cream. So what if his game reviewed poorly? I demand a sequel, but good this time.

There are no laws saying things remain as they are forever. Status Quo is a god, but long-running franchises still changed from Day 1.
Goku isn't a kid and Master Roshi isn't the strongest fighter
Superman's archenemy is called "Lex Luthor" not "Ultra-Humanite"
Gwen Stacy was Peter's GF, then dead, and now she's Spider-Person.
Mickey Mouse isn't mischievous or egotistical.

Kaotic Kanine, I'm genuinely on your side. I want Sonic Cast to do more, to have a chance to shine. You have 100% right to be hopeful or optimistic for the future or sad about the present. But don't be angry like that. This isn't healthy, productive or even fair when you think about this.

I mean, indulge my cheesiness for a second, would Cream approve of you swearing like that? At least Shadow fans have basic on that front.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Kuzu said:

You mean they brought her back in the game that's specifically about bringing old characters back? Because Adeleine isn't in Forgotten Land while every other mainstay is...

This is off topic and it's not my intention to continue this discussion, but...

Forgotten Land didn't have "every other main stay", it literally only had Kirby, Metaknight, Dedede and Waddle Dees; it didn't even have cameos of the other recurring characters like every other game on 3DS and Switch, nor some of the most recurring bosses; The small roster of familiar characters was intentional in order to enhance the feel of exploring an unknown alien world; not unlike what SEGA did with Sonic Frontiers.

After Star Allies, Adeleine got something in almost every game even if not directly playable... a costume, a reference, a cameo, a mask, a statue, even some implied new lore*... and even outside games, she is getting a decent amount of merchandise, something that was completely impossible just a few years ago (HAL used to avoid to even mention or reference her so much that people suspected there was a mandate against using her again in the series). At the moment, Adeleine is an active character who's getting new content from time to time...

Cream's situation is not as bad as Adeleine's was before Star Allies yet, but it's definitely slowly going in that direction.

Spoiler

Forgotten Land has some hidden implications that hint at her being connected with the ancients. The reference is a word of the ancients' language, which means "Canvas", and that seems to be the origin of Adeleine's name. Possibly, the former inhabitants of the Forgotten Land were Adeleine's ancestors.

Even if she's not in the game, she still got a little bit of character development through lore implications, as small and vague as it is.

---
4 hours ago, Kuzu said:

I'm honestly so confused and perplexed by this topic. People are treating this like Sega are doing something scummy when...they're not. It's not aome injustice that some characters fall by the wayside. There's not a single piece of media where every member of the cast get equal treatment.

Is it really wrong to ask more of the characters you like? Just like Shadow fans can complain about how Sega ruined their character, I'm complaining that Sega is not giving a chance to one of the characters I like.

I don't know enough about Michelle Ruff's situation to judge if Sega was scummy to her or not, and don't want to take conclusions on that... but I think there's nothing wrong in being annoyed by what Sega did with Cream in TSR. Speaking for myself, I'm not blaming Sega of doing something scummy, I'm just expressing all my annoyance regarding this situation.

Also I find it ironic how Amy is both the main heroine and a secondary character at the same time, depending on what's more convenient at the moment in order to downplay Cream more.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have mixed views on Cream.  When I first saw her, I thought she was a cocker spaniel puppy.  But I loved her abilities in Sonic Advance with using Cheese as a weapon and her ears for flight.  And then I loved her in Sonic X.
she seemed to compete the Sonic cast, and became a sidekick to both Amy and Blaze.

At the same time thought she’s super different from the rest of the cast.  She has a family, with like, the only “grown up” in the entire franchise as her mother.  And she’s got a pet Chao but she’s also a civilian caught in the crossfire.  So her background and situation is way different than most of the other characters.  

So I can understand why she’s not used much; she doesn’t fit in as well.   But I’d still like to see her used again and given a bigger role!

2 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Nu-uh. Big was 5th main hero for the entire 1 game (2, counting Shuffle), he tooootally should remain as such
But wait! Mighty and Ray are older than Amy and Knuckles. They USED TO be 3rd and 4th most important mobian out there.

I know these are joke examples, but come on dude. Cream wasn't a character who existed for one game and then was dropped right after. She may have been created for Sonic Heroes but Cream was given a much earlier debut in Advance 2, and was then given fairly major roles in Battle, Advance 3, and Rush. And alongside all that, Cream was made a member of Sonic's group in Sonic X, which isn't something to sneeze at, and was even added into Sonic Adventure DX. Sure, the latter is a voiceless cameo, but it should say something that Sonic Team went out of their way to give Cream a 3D model for Adventure 1's GameCube port, and made sure no one missed her flying above in any of the playthroughs. That's all far and above what Mighty, Ray, and even Big got.

All of the above is also my rebuttal to the "Cream was never meant to be important" argument. Sure, she's not nearly on the same level as Shadow, but Sonic himself is literally the only character who even competes with Shadow in that regard. And for as little fanfare as Cream got, she was quite heavily pushed nonetheless. Like, Advance 3 could've easily had Shadow involved instead of Cream since he was such an important character and this is after Battle gave him sprites to work with. But it was Cream who was playable in Advance 3 while Shadow wasn't even mentioned. And again, Cream was made a member of the protagonists in Sonic X, a big time show for Sonic that Sonic Team themselves supervised! As well as being included as a impossible-to-miss cameo for Adventure DX. Hell, Cream is right behind Rouge in game appearances since debut mainly because of her rapid appearances in the 2000's. Another thing to consider is that the 2000's was when SEGA/Sonic Team were focused on catering Sonic to their home country of Japan, and Cream is one of the more beloved characters in Japan. Just saying, Cream may not have been the biggest deal in the franchise but she sure as hell wasn't a small deal.

2 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

There are no laws saying things remain as they are forever. Status Quo is a god, but long-running franchises still changed from Day 1.
Goku isn't a kid and Master Roshi isn't the strongest fighter
Superman's archenemy is called "Lex Luthor" not "Ultra-Humanite"
Gwen Stacy was Peter's GF, then dead, and now she's Spider-Person.
Mickey Mouse isn't mischievous or egotistical.

You say this when Cream was one of those big changes to a long-running franchise. By the time Cream made her debut, the Sonic franchise drastically changed from what is was back in 1991. Amy Rose herself started off as a very minor character until the 2000's made her into a more major character, complete with getting her own sidekick in the form of Cream. And it at least appeared for a good while that Cream herself was an addition to the "main cast" alongside Amy, after it was just Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles for much of the 90's. And I, for one, felt that Cream was a very worthy inclusion to the main cast for reasons I've said before. But then people suddenly started shouting "Sonic's Shitty Friends" and now it feels like Cream is being actively buried and forgotten despite the push and potential, while every other character is being risen up more than ever. Like, I envy fans of Blaze, because as little as she appears, whenever she does it's fucking huge. Blaze was inserted in the 4th ever issue of Sonic IDW because of how much people wanted her in Forces. Meanwhile here I am hoping Cream doesn't become the next Mighty, Ray, Fang, etc!

Don't get me wrong, I get what you're saying. Nothing rermains the same forever, long-running franchises permanently change regardless of status quo. And I don't disagree, since I'd rather major changes than stagnation. But Cream's forced absence isn't exactly the same as the examples you've given. And even then, those things you listed haven't been thrown away nor forgotten. Ultra-Humanite may no longer be Superman's archenemy, but he still appears regularly as a villain across DC media, with the recent Young Justice having him as a member of the main antagonist group. And recent Mickey Mouse media have at least tried to bring back some of that mischief/egotistic traits. Meanwhile, Cream was entirely left out of two spin-off games that she should have been involved with (TSR and TMOSTH), and only the latter bothered to mention her. And otherwise, it feels like SEGA is actively trying to forget about Cream and throw her away.

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Kaotic Kanine, I'm genuinely on your side. I want Sonic Cast to do more, to have a chance to shine. You have 100% right to be hopeful or optimistic for the future or sad about the present. But don't be angry like that. This isn't healthy, productive or even fair when you think about this.

I mean, indulge my cheesiness for a second, would Cream approve of you swearing like that? At least Shadow fans have basic on that front.

...Alright then. I'll try to cool down. I'm just sick to death of waiting. I've been waiting for Cream to be allowed something special during the days of Reboot Archie, only to be met with frustrating disappointment. And since those days, we've had a major racing spin-off that replaced Cream with non-characters for the team she was created for, and was left out of Amy's own freaking birthday party. Only the mobile games have bothered to acknowledge Cream at all, but it's not enough. The Metal Virus of IDW was a great improvement from how Archie used her, though mired by Gemerl stealing the spotlight, and then Chao Races and Badnik Bases fumbled the ball hard. Then we haven't seen Cream since aside from that 2022 Annual story, which is a whole bunch of nothing. And then I learn from Ian Flynn himself that SEGA no longer considers Cream a "hero", despite having her debut going on a solo rescue mission for her mother.I want to be optimistic for Cream's future, but no true no hope has been given so far.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Iko said:

Reveal hidden contents

Forgotten Land has some hidden implications that hint at her being connected with the ancients. The reference is a word of the ancients' language, which means "Canvas", and that seems to be the origin of Adeleine's name. Possibly, the former inhabitants of the Forgotten Land were Adeleine's ancestors.

Even if she's not in the game, she still got a little bit of character development through lore implications, as small and vague as it is.

Is it really wrong to ask more of the characters you like? Just like Shadow fans can complain about how Sega ruined their character, I'm complaining that Sega is not giving a chance to one of the characters I like.

I think Shadow fans are stupid when they do it too.

1 hour ago, Iko said:

I'm just expressing all my annoyance regarding this situation.

I'd believe you a lot more if you didn't immediately follow this up with...

1 hour ago, Iko said:

Also I find it ironic how Amy is both the main heroine and a secondary character at the same time, depending on what's more convenient at the moment in order to downplay Cream more.

Get the hell outta here with this. This is exactly what I'm talking about, this persecution complex y'all got over a character that's never been a big deal to begin with.

Y'all act like Cream is the only character who has been neglected or never been given their due at all. 

If you wanna express your frustration at how your favorite character is being is being underutilized, be my guest. But miss me with that victim complex bullshit.

Sega don't have it out for Cream specifically or her fans, nor does any of the fanbase. She's simply not a prioritized character, period. It's not a conspiracy to keep Cream down, I promise you.

• Thumbs Up 4

@Kuzu It wasn't victimism for Sega, I was just criticizing those parts of your posts... I'm not really offended or anything, I find it just strange, especially because it seems to be totally unintentional.

23 hours ago, Kuzu said:

Amy is the main heroine, Cream...isn't.

5 hours ago, Kuzu said:

she's playing second fiddle to characters to the likes of Amy or Blaze, who themselves are secondary characters. That literally makes her tertiary by definition.

I don't even like to criticize people's post for how they are written, usually I prefer to comment on the content of the posts, but this was a weird contraddiction, I had to point it out.

I'd also like to point out that Cream isn't necessarily my absolute favorite character, I like her and she is one of my favs, but the only reason I am so vocal for her is because of how little Sega uses her and I'd want them to use her more. I also like Blaze almost equally, but as it has been mentioned, despite how little she appears, every time she does it's usually satisfying enough, cause it's good.

• Thumbs Up 3

I just find it funny some in this topic seem way more upset about the D-tier character Ruff (who is one of my favorite actresses) plays rather than how the industry regularly screws over actors like she described (the actual subject of the topic). I mean, it honestly sounds like a typical contract (I'm pretty sure Nintendo has similar just looking at something like Smash and the amount of recycled voice work 4 and Ultimate have) but it's still kind of shit.

• Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, Iko said:

@Kuzu It wasn't victimism for Sega, I was just criticizing those parts of your posts... I'm not really offended or anything, I find it just strange, especially because it seems to be totally unintentional.

I don't even like to criticize people's post for how they are written, usually I prefer to comment on the content of the posts, but this was a weird contraddiction, I had to point it out.

What contradiction???? 

Amy is a secondary character. Just because she's the main heroine doesn't mean that she's not a secondary character. So what did I say that was so contradictory or worth criticizing? Cream isn't the main heroine, nor is she even one of the primary secondary supporting characters like Tails, Knuckles and Amy are.

This is not downplaying Cream, nor is this some jab at her. It's literally stating a fact. I called her a tertiary character, because that's how Sega have been treating her since her introduction. If you or someone else takes personal offense to that then that is not my problem. 

And I agree with @Zayshothat this topic feels less like a critique on VA culture and how they're treated and more just an excuse to complain about Cream. Some of you got your priorities all fucked up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I definitely get the frustration behind not having the opportunity to voice a character you signed up for more often, especially given it's been thirteen goddamned years since she's done it. So I do feel sympathy for her there, but also like... Cream's just objectively not that important a character either.

• Thumbs Up 1