Awoo.

Michelle Ruff, Cream's voice actor since 2010, says she hasn't recorded any new line since then and complains about SEGA

Solister

On 5/22/2023 at 3:31 AM, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

So, this has been nagging at me for a while since this topic was made, but I have a question strictly to the Cream fans here:

Would you want Cream to stay more of a support character doing heals to the team? Or would you rather a re-vamped Cream that’s more “action girl” who, while still sweet and polite and thinking of others, would have no problem opening a can of whoop-ass if you somehow pissed her off or gave her no choice—as a bonus, she can still heal people, but she acts more like a “combat medic” in this case?

Basically, no changes to her personality, just skill sets and abilities.

Honestly, I like Cream more when she goes into action. My favorite instances of her are when she takes some risks in order to help someone. Sonic Advance 2, Metal Virus, and so (sadly there isn't much, but you got it). I don't like her being passive or being obsessed by pacifism to the point of not even being able to hit some evil robots.

I don't want her to become a superhero or anything, but since one of her trait is that she's brave (Sega Heroes vs Dead Adder) and wants to be a hero like Sonic and friends (Sonic Channel calendar story, IDW annual hero camp story), I would like to see more of this. Cream fights a much stronger than her enemy in an attempt to save others, regardless of her being "too weak", etc. I don't think this would be a "revamp" though, Cream did it a few times already, both in games (Advance 2, went to a freakin Death Egg to save Vanilla) and comics (Zeena's fight in Metal Virus). I think she should still hate fighting and violence, but be willing to sacrify herself to help others when needed.

So... more action, off course.

Another reason is that I don't like to use Cheese as a weapon/tool... I like the idea of having a fighting companion, a chao especially, but I don't like the idea that Cream just tells him to attack and the poor chao does all the dirty job. If there's something that I would redesign, it's Cheese's role in gameplay. Like in that concept that I posted in a previous post, give Cheese different abilities, let Cream and Cheese do tag actions of some sort, don't make Cheese a bullet (unless you get a specific power-up that temporarily does that or something).

Sonic Advance 2 and 3 are the only games in which Cream can defeat enemies by stomping onto them uncurled (only in Advance 2 she can bounce off the attack though)... I would like this move to be expanded upon. She's a rabbit, rabbits move by doing little jumps, so just like Sonic curls up because he's an hedgehog, I would like if Cream was the jump-and-bounce-based character, even if this would make the gameplay more similar to Mario (it wasn't an issue when Ray was turned into Cape Mario, so I don't see the problem).

Dance is another theme that should be associated more with the character. Her forward trick in Advance 2, the intro animation in one of the Riders game, and her being associated to Music Plant where every character dances as they hit bumpers and springs. Cream should move around the levels by dancing, hopping and bouncing everywhere... less focus on flight and more focus on other movement options like those.

I don't think "healing" does really fit her though... outside the context of RPGs maybe (like Chronicles). Still, with Amy being visually associated with hearts, and hearts usually being associated to health, I think that Amy fits better as the healer of the group, at least "visually". Offcourse she would help any person in danger or hurt, but I don't think she needs to have healing skills herself... she's more of a "tamer" type.

Just throwing this out there, I'm now discovering that Cream's latest story is an extremely hidden side-quest in the last Olympics game that came out. And when I say hidden, I mean it. You REALLY have to go out of your way to find this and you have to do it at the right time or you'll have to start the whole game over to find it. Not anything groundbreaking, though there's nice moments, cultural knowledge and character interactions you'd normally never see.

• Thumbs Up 1