Awoo.

Apparent Leaked Clip of Sonic Prime's Next Episode Surfaces Online

Dreadknux
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Apparent Leaked Clip of Sonic Prime's Next Episode Surfaces Online at some point.

It's been a hot minute since we all binged (very quickly) the first eight episodes of Sonic Prime on Netflix, and since its December debut we've not heard much about when the rest of the first season will hit the streaming service. But if a supposedly leaked clip of a future episode is any indication, we may be in for some news very soon.

A short seven-second clip has surfaced on Twitter, originally posted by AstroSeedP but circulated further by the 'Sonic__Prime' account, claiming to be "new Prime Season 2 leaked footage". While we'd argue that this wouldn't strictly be 'Season 2' (more like 'Season 1, Part 2'), the clip does appear to show an action sequence that could legitimately follow on from Episode 8's swashbuckling cliffhanger.

We won't speculate any further - although we will note that the clip does also seem to feature an action from Sonic that doesn't previously seem possible in previous episodes - but if you're curious and don't mind potential spoilers, you can take a look at the video and some screengrabs we've pulled from the clip below (click the spoiler tags to reveal).

Clip:

Spoiler

(we don't know why the clip includes Sonic Unleashed music, either)

Screengrabs:

Spoiler

prime2-image1.jpg prime2-image2.jpg prime2-image4.jpg prime2-image3.jpg

What do you think? New episode batch announcement imminent? Let us know in the comments below (be sure to use the spoiler tag to be respectful to other fans reading this story)!

Via Twitter (unmarked potentially spoiler-y video linked)

View full story

• Thumbs Up 2

Unless I’m mistaken (which I could be), the shoes and gloves seem to be a different design compared to New Yolk, the Forest world, and the Pirate world, which means it likely takes place in another universe.

39 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Unless I’m mistaken (which I could be), the shoes and gloves seem to be a different design compared to New Yolk, the Forest world, and the Pirate world, which means it likely takes place in another universe.

The shoes look like they have small jets on them, as well as the background being all sky. Maybe it's a sort of plane/sky based universe? The ground makes me thing of an aircraft carrier.

7 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Actually, those are the Hovercraft Kicks from "No Place" (the Pirate Shatterspace).

15 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Actually, those are the Hovercraft Kicks from "No Place" (the Pirate Shatterspace).

Fair enough, for some reason, I was thinking the pirate world had more of a leather design, which is why I said I could be wrong.

I'm just glad that they are going back to the Pirate world and try to weave more stories out of the previous worlds that Sonic had visited instead of having the show be set up like Sonic going to a different world each episode and not really completing the stories that are set up in those worlds.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm gonna personally take this leak as a sign we're about to see the next batch drop relatively soon. Still not expecting that to drop until June (give or take late May) for the anniversary, alongside Origins Plus & Frontiers' 2nd DLC update.

4 hours ago, Blueknight V2.0 said:

I'm gonna personally take this leak as a sign we're about to see the next batch drop relatively soon. Still not expecting that to drop until June (give or take late May) for the anniversary, alongside Origins Plus & Frontiers' 2nd DLC update.

I wouldn't. Had these since February, although since enough time has passed, we may get something soon.

• Thumbs Up 1