Awoo.

'Sonic: The Series' (Knuckles Show) has Begun Production

DaBigJ
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Filming For Knuckles Show Officially Underway, With Jeffrey Fowler Directing at some point.

That one cop character that Donut Lord works with and is best friend's with

• Thumbs Up 2

Yikes. Wade is probably the least liked character in the movie franchise. Giving him max screentime sounds like a "Chris Thorndyke" level bad move.

Starting this off with a uphill climb.

I was expecting there to be as much of a human focus with this as the movies have to keep costs reasonable, but I think I would rather have an original than Wade as the main character.  He's as charming as the rest of them for his numerous occasional comedic cut-away scenes in the film but not sure he's the right choice to flesh out into a starring role.  Prove me wrong I guess, Knuckles' creative team, lol.

It was either gonna be original... or Wade. I don't mind in fact I'm glad they are using the human cast more.

Idris Elba is still starring thankfully.

Kid Cudi?? Oh.

Tika Sumpter is set as main cast but not Marsden (with Westworld cancelled maybe he will have more time). Also, it is set in London.

With them announcing live action main cast only, I'm totally expecting Sonic and Tails to at least guest star.

7 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

It was either gonna be original... or Wade. I don't mind in fact I'm glad they are using the human cast more.

Idris Elba is still starring thankfully.

Kid Cudi?? Oh.

Tika Sumpter is set as main cast but not Marsden (with Westworld cancelled maybe he will have more time). Also, it is set in London.

With them announcing live action main cast only, I'm totally expecting Sonic and Tails to at least guest star.

Kid Cudi? I think Hunnid-P would be better as a choice. LOL. Even thought they probably wouldn't choose him to be a part of this, but I couldn't resist making that joke.

Anyways, I can't imagine the production would not take long, not that long, anyway. I mean, this basically would take some amount of time, but as a mini-series, I don't think it would be too long.

This basically tanked my excitement for the show in one fell swoop. Of all the things they could’ve have chosen for a Knuckles spinoff, it’s bizarre to me they chose this. This sounds like a bad filler episode premise yet alone the premise of a full spinoff. I sincerely hope it’s meant to throw off the actual plot, because this is just awful otherwise.

Wade is so low on the totem pole that he doesn't even have a food-based nickname. Maybe he'll get some character development....?

10 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

Also, it is set in London.

Actually, I think it's being filmed in London (Pinewood Studios I believe). I think it will still be set in Green Hills.

12 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Actually, I think it's being filmed in London (Pinewood Studios I believe). I think it will still be set in Green Hills.

Yeah that's what I meant sorry. I don't know if it's set in Green Hills? How many times will they change location for it if it's that. But a cool option would be to change zone IMO.

I had no expectations and I'm still underwhelmed by this premise.

But my mistake for expecting a Sonic series to be about Sonic related things over the tertiary comic relief character.

Why make a Knuckles show if this is the premise you're going with? At this point just use Sonic or Tails

• Absolutely 1

A comedy show about Knuckles and some guy I don't remember.

It doesn't offend me or anything, and using Knuckles' traits for comedy isn't inheritantly a bad idea, but this isn't anything that will want to make me subscribe to Paramount+ for either.

They better give attention to all of the human cast honestly, and keep making them likeable. Fans only seem to enjoy Stone so far.

I got a question:

Am I entitled if I want more Sonic elements in this spinoff than what is being described?

Because I kinda feel entitled...

And to be clear, I'm not disappointed just because they aren't doing what I'd like the show to be.

We already have Sonic Prime for more lore-heavy serious-toned TV, and the movie continuity has been more comedic in tone in the first place.

It's just the choice of the least memorable character in the second film that's a bit odd.

3 minutes ago, AlphaRuby said:

And to be clear, I'm not disappointed just because they aren't doing what I'd like the show to be.

We already have Sonic Prime for more lore-heavy serious-toned TV, and the movie continuity has been more comedic in tone in the first place.

It's just the choice of the least memorable character in the second film that's a bit odd.

Could be worse... At least it isn't Rachel!

11 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

They better give attention to all of the human cast honestly, and keep making them likeable. Fans only seem to enjoy Stone so far.

I enjoy every scene the sister-in-law is in. I still struggle to remember her name but I enjoy her no nonsense personality and openly hostile attitude towards most things.

Regarding Knuckles, I thought they might've had him exploring worlds to try and learn what happened to his people. Training Wade sounds like a restrictive premise.