Awoo.

'Sonic: The Series' (Knuckles Show) has Begun Production

DaBigJ
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Filming For Knuckles Show Officially Underway, With Jeffrey Fowler Directing at some point.

8 minutes ago, DaBigJ said:

I got a question:

Am I entitled if I want more Sonic elements in this spinoff than what is being described?

Because I kinda feel entitled...

Why would a Knuckles show have Sonic elements?

Wade barely appeared in Sonic 2, only had one or two scenes. Interesting that they would put more focus on him for the series. Perhaps he'll have a larger role to play in Sonic 3.

Yeah not gonna like, the synopsis has pretty much tanked my interest.

I seriously doubt Carrey will appear as Robotnik in the series, so perhaps Metal Sonic would be a good choice as the villain.

32 minutes ago, DaBigJ said:

I got a question:

Am I entitled if I want more Sonic elements in this spinoff than what is being described?

Because I kinda feel entitled...

You're not entitled but there's no point in expecting something that never had a high chance of happening.

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

You're not entitled but there's no point in expecting something that never had a high chance of happening.

I suspected as much...

Rats

Rewatching these movies I honestly thought that Wade was the lamest character of the bunch. I’m baffled that they didn’t make it about Knuckles and Maddie instead 

That premise immediately kills pretty much all interest I was building up though. Maybe it will be better on release but I can't imagine something that sounds like a filler episode to turn out to be filled to the brim with unrelated stories and Sonic elements.

It really feels like the description of what aught to be just a filler episode of the series. Not the center of the series itself.

• Thumbs Up 5

Maybe this will explain the origins of knuckles' famous ova hat.

• Thumbs Up 3

I've noticed that the article is mostly focusing on the pilot episode of this series. I'm assuming that the whole "Knuckles teaches Wade warrior ways" is just in the pilot episode.  But, I feel like there's still a lot about this show that we still don't know about.  But judging by the synopsis we are given, I am a bit disappointed that this sounds like the overall premise of the series. I was expecting for the series to explore more into Knuckles' backstory about the Echidnas and the Master Emerald since they alluded to it a bit in the movies.  But, if this is the overall premise of the series, then that would be disappointing for them to drop that important plot element.

But until then, I'm being cautious with this series.  Maybe it might turn out to be good and I might get Paramount Plus to watch this show.  And if this show turns out to be bad and is not required to watch to understand Sonic 3, then I could save money from buying Paramount Plus to watch this show.

• Thumbs Up 4

Eh, the premise sounds pretty vague on purpose. So far, the only thing we know for a fact is that Wade will be a major character in the series.

I'm neither disappointed nor excited.

3 minutes ago, UberHoax said:

Eh, the premise sounds pretty vague on purpose. So far, the only thing we know for a fact is that Wade will be a major character in the series.

I'm neither disappointed nor excited.

Yeah, it sounds like there's a lot more to this show than what the synopsis is stating.  They are probably withholding lots of information to prevent spoiling the majority of this show.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh, I mean….. I’m gonna be kind about this. I quite liked Wade as a (tertiary?) character. But I’m not all that sold on him being a co-star with Knuckles. It could be really fun. But reading this, it’s not an automatic ‘get Paramount+ for this’. And that’s coming from someone who would normally throw money at a subscription service to consume pretty much any Sonic media 😅 Hopefully more details will unfold in the coming weeks and months that explain this better and show why it’s worth a watch.

BTW, the Writers Guild seems like they're about to get a strike going. Not sure how or if it affects this show or any future Sonic media that requires writers.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, SticksSuperFan14 said:

BTW, the Writers Guild seems like they're about to get a strike going. Not sure how or if it affects this show or any future Sonic media that requires writers.

Trying to be optimistic, the scripts for the series, and maybe the movie too, should have been written by now? Considering they are starting to film.

3 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

So, when a writers strike starts, how long does it usually last?

Last time something like this happened was in 2007, it lasted for a year. It was pretty bad, to say the least.

1 hour ago, SticksSuperFan14 said:

Last time something like this happened was in 2007, it lasted for a year. It was pretty bad, to say the least.

I read up on that and oh boy...it was bad...let's hope they reach some kind of deal before the deadline.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't believe how many of you guys are sleeping on Wade. I'm a bit of a fan of the actor (Adam Pally) who plays him, ever since I watched The Mindy Project a few years back. His character is arguably the best thing about it.

Once I realised the guy who would be rolling with Donut Lord in the first Sonic movie was Peter Prentice, I knew I was in for a good time. Didn't have a lot to do in the second Sonic movie which was a shame, but hey. I'm thinking a TV series will help the character spread his wings a little bit, Wade is absolutely ripe for some character development. I can see it in his eyes.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

I feel like Wade is gonna roll right into Big the Cat territory.

In extremely small doses he can be effective and even charming - but whenever he sticks around he'll easily fall into a rut and overstay his welcome for the vast majority of the audience.  Seeing Officer Wade nab more screen time sounds like a worst-case-scenario to me, and pairing him with Knuckles also seems like an odd choice as now you have 2 people who can barley function in society. How are they gonna play off each other? Come to wrong conclusions and have the other reaffirm said wrong conclusion due to social illiteracy?

I think there’s more to this that they aren’t showing us. It would be sweet if the Chaotix showed up since a prequel comic shows that they exist in this universe.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Johnny Boy said:

I think there’s more to this that they aren’t showing us. It would be sweet if the Chaotix showed up since a prequel comic shows that they exist in this universe.

I feel the same way.  I'm pretty sure that the crew know that Wade is not enough to entice people (well, Knuckles could do that on his own, but still).  Also, synopsis seldom explain the entire plot to viewers.

• Thumbs Up 1

With that said who do y’all think will be the villain of this show? Maybe there’s a chance we could get an adaptation of Mecha Sonic since he was the final boss of Knuckles story is s3&k?

24 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

With that said who do y’all think will be the villain of this show? Maybe there’s a chance we could get an adaptation of Mecha Sonic since he was the final boss of Knuckles story is s3&k?

I do wonder if Agent Stone will make an appearance in this show?  That would be pretty interesting in how he deals with Knuckles and that could tie into Sonic 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad the production has started and underway. I've been really Interested about the Knuckles spinoff series since Paramount announced It last year. I'm looking forward to watching Knuckles having his own TV show series.

• Thumbs Up 2

Found some people that are working on the show. I also found some people that are working on the movie. It's looking like the movie could be filming in the UK like the show.:

Spoiler

Also,  according to this article about the strike, if that continued into 4 months or longer, studios might forced to delayed the released dates for other movies. Hopefully it doesn't happen. Let's hope this get resolved soon. The writers deserve better treatment. Sonic 3 was briefly mentioned in the article.:

Meanwhile, other high-profile pics are still in prep and can wait the strike through, i.e., Paramount’s Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (release date: December 20, 2024) and Superman: Legacy, Warner Bros’ first movie in James Gunn’s “Gods and Monsters” DC universe, which is eyeing an early 2024 production start for a July 11, 2025 theatrical release.

As we previously reported, should the WGA strike last four months or longer, that’s when studios will be forced to push their movies to later release dates, meaning deeper into 2024 and beyond.

Source

According to this post that reported on this article.:

Deadline has speculated that if the strike is to continue, there's two possible paths for Sonic the Hedgehog 3 to take, those being either waiting out for the strike to end to begin the filming for the picture, or the movie could begin shooting, but there will be no writer present to help with rewrites.

The biggest impact a strike would have on these motion pictures during a shoot remains rolling cameras without a writer on set; no changes to the screenplay can be made.
-Deadline

There's still no official word on if the current ongoing writer's strike will impact the third Sonic movie in any signficant way.

Source

• Thumbs Up 1