Awoo.

Kishimoto says Ian Flynn will be back for the Story Mode DLC and hopes it will meet fan expecations/Sonic Rangers Prototype name info

Shiny Gems

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

Shiny Gems was awarded the badge 'Sonic News Tipster' and 30 points.

Nice to see Ian Flynn coming back for the Story mode DLC in Sonic Frontiers. Pretty nice, huh?

Here is the Sonic Rangers part, by the way.

• Thumbs Up 2

obraz.png.3285974a1288ca6702f03c3290e130ea.png

"How do they know fans will like it?
Did they read our thoughts???
Are they planning to mind control us?!?!"

I mean sounds okay so far, but too little to go on.

• Thumbs Up 1

>it will meet fan expectations 

lol

lmao even

I mean it might be good but...c'mon, it's more realistic to say "it will be on par with the main story" imo

• Thumbs Up 1

What ARE fans' expectations for this, though? Can he really make the claim that he's sure? I know I'm not sure what others want at all. I just want it to be good and fun.

19 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

What ARE fans' expectations for this, though? Can he really make the claim that he's sure? I know I'm not sure what others want at all. I just want it to be good and fun.

The funny thing is, basically every fan has their own expectation. This isn't even a Sonic thing, it's a thing in most fandoms, so claims like "meeting fan expectations" is a giant claim that you can never fully live up to. It's not the fault of anyone, mind you, it's just human nature.

Yeah, "fan expectations" is level 1 PR speak and not worth hyper-analyzing. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Isn't the original quote that Kishimoto hopes the update will meet fans expectations, that makes more sense if correct.

• The title was changed to Kishimoto says Ian Flynn will be back for the Story Mode DLC and hopes it will meet fan expecations/Sonic Rangers Prototype name info
16 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

Isn't the original quote that Kishimoto hopes the update will meet fans expectations, that makes more sense if correct.

And with that, I made some edits to the original post, the title and the original post's content.

I mean, it would have been weird if Ian Flynn didn't return for the Story DLC right? I kind of assumed that was already a done deal.

• Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, Razule said:

It's Hyper Sonic time.

oh, I wish.

But remember, hyper sonic is confirmed to not come back because they don't want to do too much dragonball stuff. A shame, honestly, since Hyper Sonic already exists in canon. :[

Cool. I thought frontiers was a good step forward story wise, and since playing it I've bought the 3 idw collection books and have really enjoyed the stories in them too (although Metal virus did drag on a bit).  I'm glad Flynn is still involved here and think the story will be well done and coherent to the main one. Roll on DLC 4 lol 

3 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

More Flynn is a giant W.

Let the man cook. 

Agree!  I just hope that SEGA is not too hard with the narrative restrictions this time around. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice! I'm not expecting a whole lot narratively, but I love Flynn's dialogue and character interactions. I definitely wanna see more of that, especially if it involves more interaction between the whole of Team Sonic, rather than just Sonic and one other character.

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean, we know it’ll be decent at least.

That’s pretty broad for “fan’s expectations” given Frontiers’ reception.

• Thumbs Up 1

Despite being written in Japanese, it's hard to say if that message was intended to the Japanese audience or not. That said, is quite a thing to say as expectations in both sides (and even within the same western group) are not quite aligned after all.

Not a fan of Flynn, but I'm glad they're actually doing something for the story.

We need to start cleaning up all the mess Pontac and Graff left in this series.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am patiently waiting for that DLC, it may not be a big deal or it may be, but what I will like I know I will like.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes; theoretically Ian saying this is an important DLC is that, this story will be setting up something, or several somethings, about the next game.  it makes sense!!  

Open zone versions of anything to do with South Island or Westside Island, Floating Island, and any the areas explored in Adventure 1 and 2, i feel like at least one or two of those are possible.   but possibly also entirely new locations!!