Awoo.

Community Interview: Fireball20XL Comic Author PsyGuy

Andrew P
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Community Interview: Fireball20XL Comic Author PsyGuy at some point.

Known as the 'Mad Dog of Sprite Comics' (well... to us, anyway), PsyGuy is the creator of the Fireball20XL website, a fan comic workshop that contains a number of strips including Dirty Power and That's My Sonic. As one of the leading voices in the Sprite Comic arena, we had a chat with Psy to learn more about the cool things he's doing.

TSS: Hey PsyGuy! It's great to see you've decided to join The Sonic Stadium for an interview.

PG: Hey Sonic News guy, thank you.

TSS: I haven't been called that in over a year! So, why are you important in the Sonic Internet Community?

PG: I offer crazy comics at a low low price. Plus, Uh... people like my look on the way the Sonic world should be. And, I like pizza.

TSS: What kind of pizza?

PG: ... No cheese pizza!

TSS: Tell us about yourself and how you got started in the Sonic community.

PG: Well, I was the original big three... as they say. It was J. Axer, Ruby (Dawn Best), and me. I had a happy little art site, while J. Axer was... famous n' stuff. Ruby was famous too. I guess I was just the third wheel. Things didn't really kick off. Until That's My Sonic (TMS) started.

TSS: Where did you get the ideas for your comic That's My Sonic?

PG: I'm just a crazy guy.

TSS: How long have you been a Sonic fan and why did you become a fan? What made you?

PG: I've been a fan since the very beginning. I used to get up two hours before school so I could play Sonic 1. What made me become a fan? Fate. Wait, I would like to add I am the biggest fan... ever. Okay, done.

2001-interviews-psyguy-1.jpg

TSS: Are you also a fan of Nintendo? Like Mario and things of that sort?

PG: Ya, right! The best game ever (even counting Sonic)? Super Smash Brothers Melee! It's UNDENIABLE!

TSS: What's the difference from 'That's My Sonic' and 'That's My Sonic Argh!'?

PG: TMS is done by me and me alone. 'That's My Sonic Argh' is done by me and my friend, Ritz. He runs 'Sonic Argh'. I run 'That's My Sonic'. FUUUSION! 'That's My Sonic Argh'!

TSS: What influenced you most to start a Sonic related site? Was there a particular Sonic site that inspired you, or was it all you?

PG: In the beginning, I had 3D pictures of Sonic that I offered peeps. It... kinda did its own thing. But, it was mostly Sonic.

TSS: I know you're happy about Sonic going to the Gamecube in the form of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. What are your thoughts on that and any other current events in the Sonic world?

PG: They need to make Amy go out with Sonic. OH...MY...GOD. She wants him. He wants her. Let 'em do it already! GAW!!

TSS: Who said Sonic wanted Amy?

PG: Oh c'mon! He wouldn't save her *cough* so many times if he didn't want to tap it!

TSS: Well, let's get away from this topic and speed off to the next. What other things have you done online? Have you written Sonic fan fiction and thing like that?

PG: HAVE I? I've got super-dooper fan-fiction Sonic-stuff funky-action going on! Right now I've got the most critically acclaimed, best Sonic story ever! Sonic Fighters! Non stop action! *Banum* I have artwork that I do, as well. 2D stuff. I also make webpages for people... IIIII.... do stuff... I have a story line now. And it's...completely random. I have no idea what's going to happen next.

TSS: What was Dirty Power / Fireball20XL like when you first started it?

PG: Well, no one liked it... at all. I want them to like it. And that'll be a major part of my site once I get Flash. *hint hint hint*

TSS: If you had a chance to run butt-naked across a location freely, where would you go?

PG: Right here. And I would shout EUREKA!!!

TSS: Where do you see your site in the next year? *Hint Hint Hint*

PG: It's... uhm... I'm not sure. I don't know where it will be tomorrow.

TSS: Explain your character Psycho and why you created him.

PG: Psycho is a great name. Let's face it. Someone needed to be named that. So, I made a green hedgehog and named him Psycho. And he just... turned into what he is now.

TSS: Now explain Yoshi, Old Tomato, D.P. Tomato, D.P. Apple, DR. Dolittle, Orange, Monev, Bob Newhart, Kojiro, Edd, Kat, Fruits Advance, Justin, Baby Psy, Sotsu, Jeremy, Tuxedo Edd...

PG: They're all the result of a Magic Kool-Aid binge.

TSS: Even Bob Newhart?

PG: ESPECIALLY BOB NEWHART. Do I really have to do that ^ thing. You don't!

2001-interviews-psyguy-2.jpg

TSS: Ok, Skip it.

PG: YES! I'M FREE! IN YOUR FACE EVERYONE ELSE THAT HAD TO DO THAT!! What's WRONG WITH! ARUGH!

TSS: O_o

PG: I CAN'T TYPE!!!!!! *blows up*

TSS: And that's what happens when you smoke, kids. Are you a fan of SaTAM, Sonic Anime, and AoSTH?

PG: SatAM blows. Sonic Anime rules. WHAT THE HELL IS AoSTH?

TSS: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog.

PG: *DIES* NOOoooooOOO!!!! What...were they thinking! "Hey look, I've got an extra 10 grand! CRAPPY SONIC SERIES! YAY!"

TSS: OK everyone, I'll pass out Psy's address after the interview, don't let him live! AoSTH is pretty bad, but SatAM is great!

PG: No... No it's not. It's STEVE ERKLE! And, it has Sally! Anything with Sally MUST DIE!

TSS: What do you think of Sonic Advance coming to the GBA soon?

PG: GRRRR-ATE!

TSS: Will you be doing any special holiday comics for Dirty Power / Fireball20XL soon?

PG: Yes... I don't know what, though.

TSS: Okay, before we break any laws here, thanks for doing this interview and good luck on Dirty Power/ Fireball20XL.

PG: You know what we gotta do now, don't you?

TSS: No, what's that?

PG: BBBBOOOOOOOOOBBBBBIIIIIEEEEESSSS!!!!!

TSS: Okay I'm not talking to you anymore until you strip butt-naked and run through a police station.

PG: Done and done.

Visit Fireball20XL and read the many strips contained within by clicking here.

View full story

• The topic was locked
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew P

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic