Awoo.

IDW Announces Major Layoffs and NYSE Delisting Amid Financial Losses

GX -The Spindash-
GX -The Spindash-
Message added by GX -The Spindash-,

This topic was good and got turned into IDW Announces Major Layoffs and NYSE Delisting Amid Financial Losses at some point.

17 minutes ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

I’ve been hearing a lot about the Last Ronin.

Haven’t been into TMNT since the 2003 cartoon. Is it really that good?

If that's the last major TMNT thing you've been into, then yes, read it.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Zaysho said:

None of this has anything to do with Sonic's sales, though. The comic is selling fine. This is a company-wide issue that's currently affecting their editorial staff, and we don't know when/if this will extend to people like the various freelance artists and writers who make the books. Tom Waltz's statement at the very least explained that he is losing his editorial position, but has a non-exclusive agreement with IDW to continue working as a freelance writer (particularly with TMNT) while also writing for other publishers. It feels like it's missing the point to try to turn the conversation about sales when that wasn't what was directly affecting IDW's stocks (especially since the OP literally says it's about their other divisions).

If something does happen with IDW that eventually affects their books, I'm hoping at the least the books as-is can just be pulled and restarted/reprinted elsewhere. Be a shame for the creatives to have their work flushed down the drain (in Sonic's case, again) for something that is so far above their paygrade and out of their control.

I'm glad that Tom Waltz is still working on Ninja Turtles, even if he isn't an editor anymore and I'm glad that the IDW Sonic comics haven't been affected (so far).