Awoo.

Some things from a Sega/Rovio conference and Sonic Frontiers

Shiny Gems
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Sonic Frontiers Breaks New Record For 3D Game Sales With 3.5 Million Copies at some point.

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

Shiny Gems was awarded the badge 'Sonic News Tipster' and 30 points.

It's nice to see Sonic Frontiers broke 3.5 million and made a new record. It has been a long time since, what, Sonic Heroes?

Anyway, there is a bit more than that apparently. This should be interesting, especially the Sega and Rovio stuff.

• Nice Smile 3

• The title was changed to Some things from a Sega/Rovio conference and Sonic Frontiers (Sonic Frontiers sold 3.5 million units)

I'm curious about just how far this game is going to go, I think it has the potential to become the best-selling game outside of Sonic 1 and 2 if this momentum keeps up. 300k units in a single month is just ridiculous, and free DLC all but guarantees strong legs for at least the rest of the year.

• Thumbs Up 3

Those are fantastic sales numbers and results for Sonic Frontiers & Sega as well. I enjoyed Sonic Frontiers myself that's a huge milestone for the game Indeed. The soundtrack It just awesome and fits perfectly well for Sonic Frontiers. Plus the free DLC Is very welcoming as well It's just to show as well.

I hope the sales numbers continues to grow for such a fantastic Sonic game and I am looking forward to the upcoming DLC as well. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• The title was changed to Some things from a Sega/Rovio conference and Sonic Frontiers

I would pay no mind to that unless there is a formal public statement from SEGA Sammy on the matter. Interesting counter-rumour though.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

I would pay no mind to that unless there is a formal public statement from SEGA Sammy on the matter. Interesting counter-rumour though.

Okay, if you say so.

To be honest, I was posting this to share the Rovio stuff more than the Sonic Frontiers stuff. But the sales for Sonic Frontiers is there, nonetheless, so if that is the main focus, that is fine with me.

I've seen some people say that Frontiers became the best selling 3D game, but that's not true, Sonic Colors sold 4.0 million. Now I won't doubt that Frontiers will pass Colors, I'm just clearing things up

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, DaBigJ said:

I've seen some people say that Frontiers became the best selling 3D game, but that's not true, Sonic Colors sold 4.0 million. Now I won't doubt that Frontiers will pass Colors, I'm just clearing things up

Forgive me, but do you mean the original Colors, or the Ultimate version?

Anyway, I am not doubting you on what you said, but if I may ask, would you happen to have evidence on Colors selling 4.0 million, if it does not hurt to ask?

5 minutes ago, ShinyGems said:

Forgive me, but do you mean the original Colors, or the Ultimate version?

Anyway, I am not doubting you on what you said, but if I may ask, would you happen to have evidence on Colors selling 4.0 million, if it does not hurt to ask?

Original

And https://www.vgchartz.com/game/226081/sonic-the-hedgehog/#:~:text=Sonic Colors - 4.0 million,Sonic Lost World - 710%2C000

Just now, DaBigJ said:

Okay, thanks.

Still, while I still don't doubt you, I do have to ask; is VG Chartz reliable? By that, I mean it was not know to be reliable by the time Colors came out. Has that changed now?

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually thinking about it, they could've combined sales of the OG and Ultimate, which if they did then please disregard what I said

• Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, ShinyGems said:

Bad news, there has been a misunderstanding.

Hopefully SEGA do come out and make a statement on the most recent sales, and they're either in line with or above the 3.5 million benchmark, but until then yeah, it's better to fall back to the official statements and corroboration rather than the more uncertain statements stated elsewhere. 300k in one month is a sizable jump compared to it's previous month-on-month sales results, so it's understandable everyone more concerned with the accuracy of this is uncertain/waiting for an official statement.

If the next sales reports are in line with this, and have sales beyond 3.5M+, that will definitely be big for this game's legs.

5 hours ago, ShinyGems said:

Okay, thanks.

Still, while I still don't doubt you, I do have to ask; is VG Chartz reliable? By that, I mean it was not know to be reliable by the time Colors came out. Has that changed now?

Iizuka made the statement for an interview during the lead-up to Colors Ultimate's release. VGChartz is very unreliable, but in this case they're just quoting his comment from that interview.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, The Deleter said:

Iizuka made the statement for an interview during the lead-up to Colors Ultimate's release. VGChartz is very unreliable, but in this case they're just quoting his comment from that interview.

Wait the original 2 versions of Sonic Colors sold that much? Even with them being exclusive? That's a lot of copies, no wonder SEGA remastered it to new consoles.

Although Frontiers will most likely surpass that sometimes this year.