Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers: "climax of Uranus Island" to be changed

DaBigJ

Not sure if this is worthy of a topic but

"However, as everyone has pointed out here, I also agree that the climax of Uranus Island, which is the largest island, lacks excitement and becomes repetitive. We are currently working on an update for this issue as well!"

It's a bit vague on what it means, but I'm pretty sure he means the final boss(es?) of the island and not the island itself?

• Thumbs Up 1

This is insane. If it's bosses, then they're talking about outright changing major aspects of the game and not just adding an extra thing or making tiny performance improvements. 

On the one hand, the game kind of needs it, but on the other, if the update isn't satisfactory for someone, there's no real reversing it either. Not sure what the implications are there.

For an example of this ... Sonic Mania did this with the Metal Sonic boss fight and while the Metal Kai is more fun, it's also harder than the original one and without mods you can't play the original anymore. 

• Thumbs Up 6

They should have the orignals kept as bonuses in the boss rush mode

• Thumbs Up 1

I do think Ouranos was a little lacking in terms of setpieces compared to the other islands - the artifacts of scrambling a finale together are clear - being originally intended as part of Kronos, the reuse of the hacking minigame instead of new minigames, Supreme sharing elements with Giganto, the reuse of the hacking minigame instead of a final boss, etc.

Having said that though, I kinda enjoyed Ouranos' chilled atmosphere (the first theme probably does a lot of heavy lifting in that regard), and it's actually the most fun island to 100% I find due to the increased amount of Portals across a smaller island and generally having the most involved Memory Token platforming segments.  I enjoy the final chapter of the game having this feeling of the calm before the storm, where we're kinda just left to it and hang out with Sage a bunch.  ...Even if it wasn't really intentional, and "the storm" needed much more substance to it.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is good news. If this is added in Update 2 alongside the physics changes and Spin Dash, it ought to be labeled the "fix some of the crap that people didn't like about Frontiers" update. I liked The End as a final boss and hope they leave its original version in the game somewhere as a bonus, if it's to be drastically altered. But I think this has the chance to bring about some of the missed potential in the climax. Update 1 already added some pretty specific fixes and welcome additions, so I'm hopeful that Update 2 will go even further with this. Glad Kishimoto's being so transparent about it, if nothing else.

• Thumbs Up 2

Am I the only one who saw this thread's title and initially interpreted it as them realizing the phrase "Climax of Uranus" could be taken as a really gross innuendo and changing the name to avoid that?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • Absolutely 2

I'm guessing Uranus is just Ouranos that got jumbled in translation?

Anyway, if they want to give us a real final boss, I'd be all for that.

Ouranos and Uranus are both translations of the same titan from Greek mythology, in keeping with Kronos, Rhea, Chaos, etc. so this is Twitter translating it as one written version even if the English game itself has the discretion to use the other.

• Thumbs Up 4

7 hours ago, Scritch the Cat said:

Am I the only one who saw this thread's title and initially interpreted it as them realizing the phrase "Climax of Uranus" could be taken as a really gross innuendo and changing the name to avoid that?

I'm ashamed to admit, you are not the only one 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Ouranos and Uranus are both translations of the same titan from Greek mythology, in keeping with Kronos, Rhea, Chaos, etc. so this is Twitter translating it as one written version even if the English game itself has the discretion to use the other.

Technically the game always used the Greek rather than the Latin names for those entities.

Oh my God I almost spilled my drink with this thread title.

But back to the game, guess I made the right call in waiting. 

• Thumbs Up 1