Awoo.

IDW Solicitation for 900th Adventure and two other comic issues in Sonic the Hedgehog

Shiny Gems
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into IDW Releasing Two Sonic One Shots, Plus a Silver-Centric Issue This August at some point.

So, what do you all think of this synopsis? The Warp Topaz sounds nice.

Edit: this too.

Edit: One more.

• Thumbs Up 3

• The title was changed to IDW Solicitation for 900th Adventure comic issue in Sonic the Hedgehog

900? Where'd that number come from? Like, the 900th Sonic comic, maybe? I'm too lazy to do the math.

Also...is that Sonic the Comic artist Richard Elson doing a cover?

One more one shot:

Also, lol:

I love this, IDW Sonic is starting to be one of the most multifaceted comics, they really are having all types of stories, from the horror to the dramatic, to action, sad plots, big sagas and fun one shots, side characters mini series, bombastic interaction based stories. I honestly am loving this variety, shows we can have both long sagas and fun adventures with the cast.

• Thumbs Up 3

• The title was changed to IDW Solicitation for 900th Adventure and Endless Summer comic issues in Sonic the Hedgehog
4 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

900? Where'd that number come from? Like, the 900th Sonic comic, maybe? I'm too lazy to do the math.

Also...is that Sonic the Comic artist Richard Elson doing a cover?

It seems that Adam Bryce Thomas did the cover, or one of the variants. Another is done by Sega of Japan.

IT"S OVER NINE HUNDREEED!!!!!

Yeah, I don't get it either

290 Archie + 223 Fleetway + 60ish IDW isn't enough. Even if we add SU, Knuckles, Sonic X and Boom it's around 750. I could add all the specials and miniseries, but that's really sketchy at this point.
It could mean Time Travel, sorta "here's Sonic from future, after 900 adventures", but that still doesn't sound right. So I have no idea.

Interesting that there are "Author: Various". This implies this single story might actually be a bunch of smaller ones. Overall, I'm curious, but not hyped yet. Too vague to get my interest beyond "hey, more Sonic".

Also, the covers for 900th Adventure.

To be honest, I do not get the 900th Adventure thing either.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm confused about the "4 one shots" it seems like it's only one story for Endless Summer, the description however says 4 one shots, but it only describes the story where Sonic and IDW girls play against the Babylon. I thought it was 4 stories in the same comic, or maybe the other 3 haven't been announced yet.

12 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

I'm confused about the "4 one shots" it seems like it's only one story for Endless Summer, the description however says 4 one shots, but it only describes the story where Sonic and IDW girls play against the Babylon. I thought it was 4 stories in the same comic, or maybe the other 3 haven't been announced yet.

"Endless Summer" is actually a "Cross-Through" event, that is, it will be made of different and separate one shot issues themed after the hottest season of the year, starring different IDW series in their own self-contained summer adventures

EDIT - FORGOT TO MENTION THIS, but, even though the characters of the IDW series won't meet each other, as, I stress, THIS IS NOT A CROSSOVER EVENT, readers will be able to connect the Jack Lawrence covers with the beach and the seaside for one large singular illustration

• Thumbs Up 3

Here are two covers for another.

I think Silver is pulling off a Pepe Sylvia from that one show in the second image.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, ShinyGems said:

It seems that Adam Bryce Thomas did the cover, or one of the variants. Another is done by Sega of Japan.

Right, the one on display there, but the solicit says there's a retailer incentive cover by "Elison." Dunno if it's Richard, but still interesting to see.

1 minute ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Right, the one on display there, but the solicit says there's a retailer incentive cover by "Elison." Dunno if it's Richard, but still interesting to see.

My bad. I can’t seem to find it, but I believe you.

• The title was changed to IDW Solicitation for 900th Adventure and two other comic issues in Sonic the Hedgehog
29 minutes ago, Ducktor Naldush said:

"Endless Summer" is actually a "Cross-Through" event, that is, it will be made of different and separate one shot issues themed after the hottest season of the year, starring different IDW series in their own self-contained summer adventures

EDIT - FORGOT TO MENTION THIS, but, even though the characters of the IDW series won't meet each other, as, I stress, THIS IS NOT A CROSSOVER EVENT, readers will be able to connect the Jack Lawrence covers with the beach and the seaside for one large singular illustration

It's kind of a wasted opportunity to have a common theme and no crossover but I suppose a crossover would have to be ambitious.

About issue 64, let’s just hope Silver finds the Pepe Sylvia or Carol in HR that exists in the Sonic universe, or Blaze will have to say they all exist and that they have been asking for something on a daily basis.

4 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

It's kind of a wasted opportunity to have a common theme and no crossover but I suppose a crossover would have to be ambitious.

That is not actually the first time IDW has done this

Some years ago they had a "Deviations" theme, with one-shots showing us bad endings to past stories and the characters reacting to them, and even earlier they had a "Mars Attacks IDW" event where the Martians from "Mars Attack" invaded different IDW stories. 

290 Archie + 223 Fleetway + 60(?) IDW + 32 Mainline games + 12 Game Gear games + 5 GBA games + 19-ish misc Spin Off Games + 4 (5 if we count Boom) Cartoons + 2 Movies = 647

If we include the mangas (there's 10(?) of them) then it's 657. If we include mobile games (I think 21??? ) that's 678

That's not even close to 900. I could be wrong in my math but yea.

• Thumbs Up 2

That's a lot of IDW Sonic news today to sink In loving the covers for Issue #64 with Silver and should be Interesting as well Issue #64. That's going to be a lot of physical variant covers going In my IDW Sonic comics collection 😊

Here's another cover for Sonic the Hedgehog: Endless Summer 1:10 Retailer Incentive Variant

spacer.png

Art: The black & white line art from Tracy Yardley’s A Cover

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, DaBigJ said:

290 Archie + 223 Fleetway + 60(?) IDW + 32 Mainline games + 12 Game Gear games + 5 GBA games + 19-ish misc Spin Off Games + 4 (5 if we count Boom) Cartoons + 2 Movies = 647

If we include the mangas (there's 10(?) of them) then it's 657. If we include mobile games (I think 21??? ) that's 678

Archie has far more than 290 issues when you consider the off-shoot series like the Knuckles and Sonic Universe (all a part of the same continuity), plus several mini-series and quarterly specials they produced back in the 90s. Though, borrowing your numbers I still only got over 800. Even including the Sonic X comic brings it 852. I don't actually know what the number itself is meant to represent unless they just rounded it with re-releases and shit too.

• Thumbs Up 4

It really doesn't help the calculations but Fleetway should really count as 184 because everything after that is reprints except the covers.

2 hours ago, DaBigJ said:

Do you think it would count the episodes of the cartoons separately? 

Like Sonic X = 78 + Sonic Boom (TV) = 104 + AoStH = 66 + SatAM = 26 + Sonic Prime = 24 + Sonic OVA = 2 = 300?

Maybe it's just an arbitrary big number to make it seem important, like Sonic getting his 1000000000th ring in Archie.

• Thumbs Up 4

14 minutes ago, Razule said:

Maybe it's just an arbitrary big number to make it seem important, like Sonic getting his 1000000000th ring in Archie.

Honestly, this reminds me of that April Fools episode of The Price is Right where they hyped a 10,000th something... that ultimately never happened!

• Thumbs Up 1