Awoo.

Sonic Symphony World Tour Announcement

Shiny Gems
nuckles87
Message added by nuckles87,

This topic was good and got turned into Sonic Symphony Goes on a World Adventure This Fall, Going into 2024 at some point.

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

Shiny Gems was awarded the badge 'Sonic News Tipster' and 30 points.

Pretty neat, huh?

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

Red was awarded the badge 'Sonic News Tipster' and 30 points.

Sonic social media has just announced tour dates for the upcoming Sonic Symphony World Tour! Debut performances are September 16 in London and September 30 in Los Angeles US! More tour announcements will likely come after these shows have performed

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1659544972637638656?t=AjPbzlqKw45Tk3urI5MW6Q&s=19

They announced this thing in early June 2022, stating that the dates would be coming "soon", and after almost an entire year of no updates, they come out and give us... two dates.

Two.

I know there might be more later on, but after a year, I kinda expected more than this, to be frank. Disappointing, to say the least.

wOrlD tOuR

This is literally two (2) cities in 2 countries. Huh? This is pathetic for every fan outside the western US and the UK

As a starting set of dates, I’m really excited. UK getting some of that love first is obviously nice for me haha 😛 But it’s great to know there are more dates and countries to come. They played Brazil last year randomly, so I don’t doubt there are more cities and countries to come!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

So can tickets for the London show even be bought yet? I can't see anywhere to buy them.

Per the Sonic Symphony Website - London

Presale starts May 25 at 10am BST for Sonic Symphony newsletter subscribers

General onsale starts May 26th at 10am BST

And LA

Presale starts May 25th at 10am PT for Sonic Symphony newsletter subscribers

General onsale starts May 26th at 10am PT

• Thumbs Up 1

I would imagine they have to gauge interest first and they're hedging (ha!) their bets by going for two very large internationally known cities. Having been a classical performer myself, I can tell you an event like this takes a lot of foresight/planning and marketing. The more interest and money this generates, the more they can reach out to other locations.

That's one of the reasons we hardly ever see big performances in my town, which is smack in the middle of California. I often have to go 3 hours north or south to catch a good show. But it's getting better 🙂

Sonic, if nothing else, has music going for him. In my opinion, that's his crown jewel.

That's amazing would there be a video afterwards where you can watch It on YouTube etc? 

I was expecting more dates but I suppose they'll add more given they explicitly mention these 2 being debut performances. I'm personally hoping for them to announce a performance in Australia. I'm definitely gonna drag my girlfriend along if that's the case XD

Edit: Was gonna say there's no way they'll play in Adelaide and I expect like Sydney only if they did Australia but the group that does these live shows has a history of doing both! Fingers crossed, then!!

I am so unbelievably hyped up for this! I plan to get tickets as soon as they're available, I've wanted to see Crush40 with both Johnny G and Jun live for SO long and this is finally my chance to do it! I'll also enjoy the orchestrated stuff too, this is going to be amazing!

Please note, Johnny Gioeli said he'd heard nothing about this last year when it was announced, as well as the Brazilian show. So Crush 40 might not be in attendance. 

13 hours ago, sonicclaasic said:

That's amazing would there be a video afterwards where you can watch It on YouTube etc? 

Probably not sadly, but I'm sure with how big the fandom is, somebody will upload it on yt.

On 5/20/2023 at 2:56 AM, SynthSt0rm said:

I am so unbelievably hyped up for this! I plan to get tickets as soon as they're available, I've wanted to see Crush40 with both Johnny G and Jun live for SO long and this is finally my chance to do it! I'll also enjoy the orchestrated stuff too, this is going to be amazing!

On 5/20/2023 at 7:54 AM, The Tenth Doctor said:

Please note, Johnny Gioeli said he'd heard nothing about this last year when it was announced, as well as the Brazilian show. So Crush 40 might not be in attendance. 

Yeah, it's telling that the trailer says "rock band" generically.  We might not even be getting Ohtani's band here necessarily, but I'm hoping it's a case of them just not having details set in stone yet so they don't want to promise anything.