Awoo.

Sonic Undergrounds Speeds Back to DVDs With New Complete Series Release From NCircle

nuckles87
nuckles87
Message added by nuckles87,

This topic was good and got turned into Sonic Undergrounds Speeds Back to DVDs With New Complete Series Release From NCircle at some point.

• Sonic News

We are increasingly living in a golden age of Sonic television media. We not only have two TV shows in production, but nearly every Sonic TV show is now back in print with new Complete Series releases! The latest show to get this treatment is DiC’s final Sonic show, Sonic Underground. This releases marks the show’s first appearance on physical media since 2017, and the first time it has ever received a Complete Series release in a single volume.

The show will span 4 DVDs, and has an MSRP of $24.99. It is scheduled to release on July 25, 2023. You can find the original listing we used for this report here. If you want to read up on Sonic Underground, we have a helpful guide on Sonic’s many forays into TV here.

Check out the DVD box art below:

With this release, only a few Sonic TV releases remain out of print: Sonic Christmas Blast, and more frustratingly, Sonic the Hedgehog SatAM and the Sonic the Hedgehog OVA. Here’s hoping this is rectified soon!

View full story

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nuckles87

• MetalSkulkBane

• DaBigJ

• SynthSt0rm

I don't believe I'm going to rewatch Sonic Underground, but I do remember watching it as a kid. It was certainly an interesting piece of Sonic media...

7 hours ago, DaBigJ said:

What, no blu ray? This majestic creation deserves to be in 4K

I'm with you, pretty lame.

At least Underground needs HD-ish the least. It always looked much sharper than his 2 older brothers.

11 hours ago, DaBigJ said:

What, no blu ray? This majestic creation deserves to be in 4K

I have the original on DVD boxset but I was hoping If It would get a blu ray treatment like Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog did on Blu ray.  

I'm happy it's the complete series DVD. I'm still hoping in the future that Sonic Underground, Sonic the Hedgehog aka SatAM and Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie OVA Uncut, will all get release on Blu-ray.

I'm a bit confused on Ncircle's releases as Discotek has been releasing some of the Sonic shows on Bluray. Must be under different licenses.

As for the original post mentioning Christmas Blast, it's listed on NCircle's site and allows you to add to cart and check-out.

Amazon also has it for $5 shipped and sold by Amazon here