Awoo.

Rumor: Aubrey Plaza Eyed For Sonic 3 Movie Villain

sonicclaasic
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Rumor: Aubrey Plaza Being Considered For Role in Sonic 3 Movie at some point.

spacer.png

Jim Carrey may not return for Sonic the Hedgehog 3, but Dr. Robotnik isn’t the only bad guy in town. Our trusted and proven sources tell us that Aubrey Plaza is the filmmakers’ top choice to play a villain in Sonic 3. While no details about the plot have been revealed yet, the success of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 assured a third entry, and it’s currently scheduled to hit theaters December 20, 2024.

We don’t know if Aubrey Plaza is being courted to play the chief antagonist of Sonic 3 but that could very well be the case. Jim Carrey has made public his intentions of retiring from acting, and speaking to MovieWeb last April, producers Troy Ascher and Neal Mortiz said they “wouldn’t even try” to recast the role of Dr. Robotnik. They also expressed their hope that they could convince Carrey to change his mind and return for at least one more chapter of Sonic.

Source: Giantfreakinrobot for the full story.

• My Emmerdoods 1

Is this the same website that "leaked" a Tails movie last year?

Sorry, I'll believe it when I see it (Even though I want Tails to get his own movie!).

• Thumbs Up 6

The fuq? No seriously, who would she play? Because I can’t see a female villain playing in role for a Shadow adaptation without it being a completely new character altogether.

Would be interesting when the details come out to see.

1 hour ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Is this the same website that "leaked" a Tails movie last year?

Sorry, I'll believe it when I see it (Even though I want Tails to get his own movie!).

I thought this news article was bizarre myself as well. I do apologise I have no Idea about this website and never heard of It before as well. So this website makes things up or something then that's not true?

I'd bet almost anything that Eggman will still be the villain in the third film, Jim Carrey or not. I have little doubt they wouldn't recast him if they actually had to, despite what they say. A Sonic movie without Eggman is like a Mario movie without Bowser. The powers that be aren't going to let that happen.

• Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

I'd bet almost anything that Eggman will still be the villain in the third film, Jim Carrey or not. I have little doubt they wouldn't recast him if they actually had to, despite what they say. A Sonic movie without Eggman is like a Mario movie without Bowser. The powers that be aren't going to let that happen.

You mean Sega, right? I ask because I have had this feeling for a while that Sega would not let Paramount make a new, third Sonic movie without Eggman, even if it meant recasting him if Jim Carrey was not available.

• The title was changed to Rumor: Aubrey Plaza Eyed For Sonic 3 Movie Villain

To my knowledge, GFR has a pretty questionable record (at least from things I've gleaned in the past) and in general these sorts of "reports" shouldn't be taken seriously unless it's directly announced. I updated the title to reflect this.

9 hours ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

The fuq? No seriously, who would she play? Because I can’t see a female villain playing in role for a Shadow adaptation without it being a completely new character altogether.

tbh I just read it to imply Rouge, especially since I could see marketing material labeling her a villain to not spoil the plot.

• Thumbs Up 2

The only thing Aubrey Plaza and Rouge have in common is that they're hot.

Nah but for real I don't put much stock in this. If I'm honest I'm not even sure how much I expect them to play to SA2's plot, since it requires too many characters that haven't had a presence in the film. I suppose you could slot Rouge into Amy's role since she doesn't get that much to do in it??? But I seriously doubt they'd put Rouge in a Sonic property without Amy showing up first.

That said, I've been thinking for a while now that they could blow past the retconned death/amnesia bullshit for Shadow if they have Gerald be Actually Innocent™ and his role as villain (as well as the Biolizard/Finalhazard fights) replaced with Black Doom.

After the fight is won, Jim Carrey and Lee Madjoub finally make their true departure from the series as Robotnik and Stone steal Black Doom's spaceship to go on gay space adventures together. Trilogy over.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Zaysho said:

To my knowledge, GFR has a pretty questionable record (at least from things I've gleaned in the past) and in general these sorts of "reports" shouldn't be taken seriously unless it's directly announced. I updated the title to reflect this.

tbh I just read it to imply Rouge, especially since I could see marketing material labeling her a villain to not spoil the plot.

Thanks for updating the title because I wasn’t sure and I appreciate It thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd have to imagine she'd be the voice of a character, perhaps Amy or Rouge.

Unless they're going for a female Robotnik type of character, that might be interesting.

When it comes to the website this is coming from...yeah, their pretty questionable.

Prime example that comes to my mind, is the rumor of a Horizon Zero Dawn film being in the works. Sometime later, it was officially announced that Horizon was being made into a Netflix series. Soo...that's all I've got.

Not sure how long beforehand the premiere was, but when did we get the reveal for Knuckles' VA in Sonic 2? I ask 'cause I feel that could be an estimate to work with for when they'll start announcing cast members for Sonic 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since this came from Giant Freakin Robot, I take this rumor with a grain of salt.  Unless Aubrey Plaza had posted up on her social media about getting a role in Sonic 3, then I don't believe this rumor at all.

• Thumbs Up 4

They COULD recast Jim Carey if they were creative....get someone a lot larger in and have the chatacter suffer some form of "amnesia" or personality change and go by ""Eggman" from there on in...but I have a sneeky feeling he will be back for a 3rd, even if its in a reduced role.

As for the "leak", my money is on her voicing Rouge, or even live action "Rouge type" character... like a catwoman type criminal who works with / manipulates Shadow.

Deep cut if the character is called "Maria".

Ooooh, it would be really interesting to see how they work in the whole Gerald Robotnik/Maria paradigm into Robotnik's backstory. That assuming of course that they stick with the plot of SA2.

They will never recast Jim Carrey, but eventually in the future they might consider doing another Robotnik, another version, male, or female for a twist, I don't know...

But for Sonic 3 I really believe there is a chance for Jim Carrey to be back. He loves the character, I just don't see him saying "I died with that fall, Sonic killed me", he probably will want to give Robotnik a proper ending, and considering SA2 has the Robotnik family, it might be the best potential to explore his story with his final appearance.

So I doubt he died like that or that it will be resolved off screen, I assume he woke up Shadow like in the game, and they kinda teased his return with Stone disguised as GUN agent and the commander saying he's "definitely" dead.

• Thumbs Up 1