Awoo.

(EDIT – Inflammatory -T)?

Tornado

Oh, I never said I *wanted* peace ;) (Although, now that you mention it, I would very much like some peace, for the record.)

Seeing as my "little blog" is on track to have twice the monthly readership as this site does by the end of the year while the webmaster here has covertly attempted to steal my staff (not just Paul) thinking it will help...I do think I'm in some position to have a soap box, thank you :D

-T

BWAH BWAH BWAH FIGURES, NUMBERS BWAH.

Cause yeah, Svend is just trying to steal all your (EDIT – Inflammatory -T) so he can have a blog as awesomer as yours D:

Who really cares about monthly readership anyhow? I could make a website right now containing a video of me being a complete twat, and yeah, it'd get a lot of views probably. Cause everyone would be like 'hey guys, come look at this twat'. Doesn't mean it's a good site, doesn't make me a good entertainer. It makes me amusing to laugh at because of what a childish twat I am.

I implore you to realise that a large portion of your website's MASSIVO AWESOME POWAH FIGURES OF GENERAL COOLNESS is just people relinking and directing people to your bull(EDIT – Inflammatory -T) articles pointlessly attacking guys and trying to stir (EDIT – Inflammatory -T) up.

But please, continue, and no one will care. I'm sure most of the people on this site have the appropriate intelligence to not listen to douches.

Still. TSSZ is always good for a good laugh, and I thank you for that.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Seeing as my "little blog" is on track to have twice the monthly readership as this site does by the end of the year

Well that's certainly an interesting argument... Well... it would be if I was in a position that meant that it should affect me in some way, unfortunately I do not work on TSS, or SSMB, nor am I staff in any capacity, nor am I in a position which demands that I work on projects to increase in 'readership' figures as you call it. So quoting that really doesn't phase me at all to be honest.

while the webmaster here has covertly attempted to steal my staff (not just Paul) thinking it will help...I do think I'm in some position to have a soap box, thank you :D

What did he do, drive to a street corner with his Russian heavy and hold a small meeting under a lamppost on the wrong side of the tracks? Did the dialogue between the two go something like "Yes, we must find these tssz bloggers and bring him to our site..."

(EDIT – Inflammatory -T)

Anyway, I liked the gag. We need more of these in the future. Maybe change the word game so that it displays a picture of Barry Chuckle.

Edited by Casanova
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm waiting for the day that every major Sonic character and term gets censored and replaced by a different phrase that means something completely nonsensical, without telling anyone, so everyone's confused.

Edited by Dusk the Crypt Keeper

I'm waiting for the day that every major Sonic character and term gets censored and replaced by a different phrase that means something completely nonsensical, without telling anyone, so everyone's confused.

Ah... I take it you were not here for International Food Day then?

*for those who don't know*

Last year they changed words like "Sonic" "Shadow" and various other things so that they were the names of fruits. They also changed the word "Staff" to "Bangers and Mash."

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw a bug report that said, "Whenever I type apples it becomes apples, I think I may need to report it to the bangers and mash forum."

Edited by Casanova

Welcome to 1st of April 2007 (or was it 08? Can't remember).

EDIT: Oh, 2k8 it was then. This is shameful to not remember considering I was involved in planning the whole thing.

I'm proud of how extensive we were. Outside the obvious things like major character names and their species, we even included less known characters, popular phrases and so forth. About 1/3 of the list was never bumped into during that day.

Edited by Flint

Seeing as my "little blog" is on track to have twice the monthly readership as this site does by the end of the year

Wow, bro. Anyone with a brain could tell you that quality holds precedence over quantity. You have a ton of viewers because people are apalled by the shit you say. You get tons of comments per story because your stories push the limits of decency that have long been established within this community. You are convinced that any attention--good or bad--is worth having, which may as well be true given how it's one of the most basic economic principles known to man... and that's totally fine. But then don't go parading yourself around like you're a good person (moral backbone indeed, holy shit), like your content is superior to that of other sites (I laughed), or like you having "more hits" than Sonic Stadium actually has any bearing on the positive reception of your web site. It does not.

while the webmaster here has covertly attempted to steal my staff (not just Paul) thinking it will help...I do think I'm in some position to have a soap box, thank you :D

Wow, are we making conspiracies now?

Let me spell it out for you--your staff members left because they are tired of your shit. Maybe that should be a wake up call that people don't like the way you do shit, aren't going to start liking the way you do shit, and aren't even going to entertain you with the idea of a return until you get off your high horse and stop stirring shit among a community centered around a god damned blue hedgehog. I don't know how I can make this any clearer.

People on this forum and on Retro make fun of you with these little filters and signatures because you have made some of the absolutely dumbest ass choices in the history of this entire sect of the internet. This is supplemented by the fact that you continuously perceive yourself as being able to do no wrong and that all of your actions are infallible. I mean, the fact that you made a story about Retro "shutting down" despite literally every admin telling you it wasn't should be proof enough of this.

I can interact with you to a large extent and maybe even call you a friend, but I hope by this point you're aware that I'm not going to pull any punches. You're a decent guy down there--you really are. But notice the very clear trend that people did not start disliking you en masse until you started doing this shit on a broad scale. Maybe you're right and you've been doing this shit since 2000, but that doesn't make it right, and it doesn't mean that kind of shit is relevant now.

Do you want a positive course of action? Take all of these viewers that you've amassed from reporting on internet drama and just keep them. And overwhelm them with legitimately, solid content that absolutely blows their mind and gives them a newfound respect for your talent, dedication, and hard work. Prove all of those people wrong when they say you're a talentless fuck with no respect for anyone else or their personal boundaries. Do all of these things and be the better person. I know that concept is overrated, but in this case it's extremely relevant.

I don't know, man. I can write walls of text all day, and I swear I have written this wall of text before. But for fucks sake, man, listen. I ain't trying to destroy your site, I ain't trying to order 15 pizzas to your house, and I'm not trying to destroy your life. I just want to help you and this community out in the best way I can. And this is the key to sorting out a lot of animosity. There is literally no downside to that kind of course of action... so why is it so hard for you to go through with it?

Edited by Tweaker
  • Thumbs Up 6

I bet T will make an article about this. But hey, he doesn't really report on anything remotely interesting bar a few things, my news tips regarding news that was suitable for TSSZ were never taken into consideration and I was threatened with sexual harrassment if I made any more. :o Also the fact that anything that was worth mentioning (ie: Richard Kuta being a diaperfur) was censored.

Maybe the owner of this certain news site should take into consideration what the community wants, no more retarded stories. Didn't we have an entire radio show dedicated to flipping TSSZ off and it resulted in lulzy events?

Edited by SOTI
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm feeling tired, so I'll keep it short.

Tristan, your brand of news may be described as like Fox News - but no. You don't sensationalise anything. You bring to attention real issues in this community. The people who need to wake up are the hardliner forum administrators who critiscise you repeatedly.

Edit: Huh, who criticizes who? He's the one making the articles. =D -Diz

• Bad Quality Post 3

Convenient "registered five minutes ago" defender here.

Admittedly, I did register five minutes ago, but that has more to do with disappearing accounts.

Anyway, it seems that giving such things attention only promotes them, but on the other hand, when you have people saying that you're somehow closing your site when you have no plans to do so, the barrage of messages gets annoying.

So, can all of us here at TSS/Retro/SFGHQ just make a pact to stop responding in hopes TSSZ will die off?

Tristan, your brand of news may be described as like Fox News - but no. You don't sensationalise anything. You bring to attention real issues in this community. The people who need to wake up are the hardliner forum administrators who critiscise you repeatedly.

Oh, Tristan, you know better than to make alt accounts and pass them off as your friends.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, Tristan, you know better than to make alt accounts and pass them off as your friends.

Just what I expected.

If you want proof that I'm not a Tristan alt account, then why not use a combination of common sense, and checking the IP.

No, a proxy can't be disguised as an ISP. You'll find I am a British resident. I can also provide my name and address, as well as confirmation via other mediums.

For the record, I attempted to login to my old account here - apparently, it was purged.

EDIT: For the record, my IP is 212.84.123.43 but it's not static, so check it within a few hours.

Edited by Revival9001
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 6

@ Scarred: That wouldn't be very fun though, don't spoil it, I'm enjoying this childish shit =(.

Our enjoyment often gets in the way of recognizing problems with drama. :| I'm as guilty as anyone, but eventually we have to say "no more."

The funny thing about this post is that it's not true.

But... you know. Thanks for thinking that breaking the mold and misleading people for the sake of a laugh is wroth posting over.

Do you think I give a shit about what stories pop up about Retro on TSSZ? I see those articles all the time and they do absolutely nothing to affect peoples' views of Sonic Retro, Sonic Stadium, or any other goddamned website they feature. Because at the end of the day, they know those articles lack context, backstory, community familiarity, and pretty much every other factor that is meant to go into that equation to give a proper result. And that's fine--those aren't the kind of things you can make with a WordPress post. The problem is that Tristan has tried, and that he continues to try, and that he thinks it's a good idea.

I do not give a shit and will continue to not give a shit if people want to whine baselessly about me, my administration, or everything else even remotely related to matters of that nature. However, if I or anyone else is lied about, slandered, or made out as a kind of person they are not, you are damn sure I will speak out and advocate for them, for myself, and for anyone else to suffer that sort of treatment.

If people don't like me because they thought I banned someone for $50, then the only one missing out on anything is themselves. If anyone wants to freak out because Sonic Retro is supposedly shutting down, that's on them. But if you outright fucking lie, continue to cherry pick information, and omit what you please to spin a story how you want it--and believe me, I know exactly how that shit works--then make it known that I will fight against that. And I will defend the people in question. Because that, above all else in this situation, is what is right. Fuck the pageviews and fuck the semantics.

So in summary, Mr. Revival, fuck off, and kindly stop getting pissy whenever I zline you from Badnik.net for trolling. Thanks! Have a nice day. :)

So in summary, Mr. Revival, fuck off, and kindly stop getting pissy whenever I zline you from Badnik.net for trolling. Thanks! Have a nice day. :)

I'm... not 'getting pissy'. I posted this because you posted it in #retro, shortly before the zline.

You're one to talk about 'getting pissy'. Quite frankly, your reaction to incidents such as people saying 'Tweaker Tantrum' is quite that!

In summary - have a nice day yourself. I sincerely hope we resolve all conflicts sometime - That can't happen without a guiding light, which is exactly what Tristan provides.

Oh and Slingerland, Tweaker's affirmed my status as an independant person in his post directed at me.

Edited by Revival9001
  • Bad Quality Post 7

You're one to talk about 'getting pissy'. Quite frankly, your reaction to incidents such as people saying 'Tweaker Tantrum' is quite that!

XD

Here's a tip--people always stoop to the "Tweaker Tantrum" bullshit when they literally have nothing else they can hit me with. So thanks for proving that you can't actually justify your poorly articulated point. :)

I sincerely hope we resolve all conflicts sometime - That can't happen without a guiding light, which is exactly what Tristan provides.

ROFL. That's like... a TSSZ-based religion talk or something.

"He, who is infallible; He, who is the moral backbone of the Sonic community shall shine upon us a guiding light which shall show us the way. Verily, we shall follow his way without question and with the utmost of faith. Amen."

You're a fucking wacko, bro. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

In summary - have a nice day yourself. I sincerely hope we resolve all conflicts sometime - That can't happen without a guiding light, which is exactly what Tristan provides.

What the fuck?

Tristan doesn't provide anything except controversal stories, in fact he thought that a few stories (which were trollbait or pranks) were actually legit and posted them.

Edited by SOTI

XD

Here's a tip--people always stoop to the "Tweaker Tantrum" bullshit when they literally have nothing else they can hit me with. So thanks for proving that you can't actually justify your poorly articulated point. :)

ROFL. That's like... a TSSZ-based religion talk or something.

"He, who is infallible; He, who is the moral backbone of the Sonic community shall shine upon us a guiding light which shall show us the way. Verily, we shall follow his way without question and with the utmost of faith. Amen."

You're a fucking wacko, bro. XD

I was pointing out your over-reaction to the words "Tweaker Tantrum" ever being uttered. I was stooping nowhere.

Also, you're right, my bit about Tristan being a guiding light was a little too poetic. I should've just said he provides a decent example for the rest of the community to follow. Fail on my behalf, there.

@ You calling me a "wacko", have you got proof? No. This is the internet. A series of tubes. To use it as a judgement of a person is silly.

• Bad Quality Post 4