Awoo.

Your latest collection additions...

Nemain

Waited a year for these.

They're really nice figures! Can't decide if they're 'better' than the Totaku ones or not, it's really going to be a different strokes for different folks kind of thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another addition to my convention art folder. 

tumblr_ppy7h8rDFn1vue5nao1_400.jpg

It's Tekno the birdy bird, by original creator Lew Stringer! 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

• 1 month later...

This never showed up in any UK stores in my area, so I went ahead and ordered it:

0-DD8910-D-51-DB-4-FB3-9-A68-EA819-C230-

@Stasis man, I so wanted that carpet as a kid. Awesome find.

• 1 month later...

Got the new Tails Cable Guy figure.

And yes he really does look that adorable when he holds something.

• 2 weeks later...

I never posted my most recent SEGA gets here, and there were some pretty dang nice ones, so time to do that!

ImageImage

First up, from back in April - ALTER's statue of Arle Nadja as she appeared in Madou Monogatari for the SEGA Saturn! This cost a hefty £130 by the time customs was done with it, but that's life. It's a really beautiful statue, and given how merch of Arle's classic design never gets made after the SEGA rebranding, I jumped at the chance to get this. It's a wonderful addition to my growing Puyo shrine. 

Now, this was designated as my "big figure purchase" for the year, since generally I'll only stretch to £100+ for figures once - last year's was a figure of Futaba from Persona 5. But then I was browsing Amazon.JP and... well, I found my holy grail. 

ImageImageImage

Epoch's statue of Honey, from SEGA's Fighting Vipers! The character that inspired the Sonic series' Honey the Cat! 

Fighting Vipers is one of my favourite fighting games period, but since it's so niche merch is hard to come by. Honey got the lions share of what there is - besides this I also own a gachapon figure of her, and there's more recently been a line of SEGA keychains featuring her - but this was absolutely my holy grail. A full 1/8 scale statue of Honey, accurate to the FV promo renders right down to the pixelated hair accessories. I'd been looking for one of these for 5 years but even if I did find one, I knew I'd never be able to afford it.

...anyway it showed up secondhand on Amazon.jp, with international shipping. And when I inquired, the seller kindly dropped the price for me without me even asking! So in the end I bagged this for around £100, and that's with shipping and all that taken into account! It's one of my favourite pieces of SEGA merch by far. Of note, they actually did a 2P colour variant that while still insanely rare, seems to be in more people's collections. I really don't like Honey's 2P colour though, so I'm glad I was able to somehow nab the original. There is some wear - the hair accessories look a tad... scrunched? And the clear plastic has yellowed quite a lot. But honestly it's not too noticeable and I'm just really over the moon to have this. 

Side Note: While technically she's not showing anything explicit, if I've gotta put those images in spoiler tags just... lemme know, innit. 

Alright this last one's a little more... affordable. It's UNIQLO's newly released Sonic and Puyo shirts! It's really cool to have official Puyo shirts released in the West, even if it's just a straight import from Japan really (even the logo on the back of the shirt is unlocalised). The Sonic one's a little weird though - the HUD on the sleeve isn't the actual HUD font, and Sonic's sprite is missing details and shading seemingly at random. But I do love UNIQLO, so I'm glad they got their hands on Sonic all the same - I think I would've preferred the other Sonic design they have, but it's only in kids sizes. Oh well. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve had a complete Archie Sonic collection for a few years now, but I never got around to collecting the rest of the NiGHTS miniseries. Just need issues 4 and 5 now.

33-C8-FC6-D-E356-4-B49-96-CD-B814-AE9975

The art is fucking atrocious, as I suspected.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, I recognize those from the ads in ArchieSonic. They always looked interesting.

Data-Discs Sonic CD Vinyl arrived.

The past stages sound particular phenomenal!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These are on another level of quality.

These are the new Jakks Pacific Sphere booster figures, what can I say? They're absolutely outstanding, I was really surprised at the level of quality with these. If you can find them I highly recommend picking them up.

• Thumbs Up 3

Are those available in Europe? I've been wanting some Metal Sonic, Mighty and Ray. I might just buy them if I find them.

I only found Sonic and Knuckles on the SEGA Shop Eu...

6 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

Are those available in Europe? I've been wanting some Metal Sonic, Mighty and Ray. I might just buy them if I find them.

I only found Sonic and Knuckles on the SEGA Shop Eu...

I got mine from the UK/EU Sega Shop.

I've heard that they're getting a much wider release end of this month and into November though.

FGQUgSf.jpg

I picked up a few sealed PC Sonic games. I already owned the PC versions of these games as a kid, but my discs are scratched up and missing their original cases and manuals. In Sonic R's case, I can't even make a clean backup on my computer due to the damage. These copies are purely for collection purposes; I've had a revived interest in Sonic's old PC ports lately and getting my old copies working on modern Windows has been a real joy. For the most part, these are good ports that hold up surprisingly well, minus Sonic 3's charmingly crappy MIDI music and 3D Blast's inferior, nigh unplayable special stages. This is also the version of Sonic R that contains the CD audio that later Expert Software releases lack.

I should be receiving Sonic CD (the DirectX version) and Sonic Heroes sometime this month. Aside from these, Sonic Riders is the last remaining PC game I'm interested in picking up, but this version is extremely elusive on American ebay for some reason...

• Thumbs Up 2

I've been waiting a very long time to get this!

The first time was... Pre 2010, I just totally forgot about the auction!

The 2nd time... I don't really remember what happened, I think the seller just stopped communicating.

Third time... Bingo!

• Thumbs Up 3

apologies for that post. have moved it to the non-sega thread now

Edited by kimplix
wrong thread, moved it

Finally finished my 90s PC Sonic collection. Got everything in new/sealed condition an-- WHYTHEFUCKISSONICSCHOOLHOUSETHERE

ISonHOk.jpg

Yeah that came with my Sonic CD order lol. I guess the seller threw it in to make my life suffering because nobody wanted to buy it.

x2Vv79a.jpg

European versions of Billy Hatcher and Sonic Riders and a Korean copy of Sonic Heroes (lol). I think the only thing that really sets this version apart is that, according to this game's PCGW page, it has no SafeDisc DRM and only includes a simple disc check, which I guess makes for easy installation on newer versions of Windows.

Here's the back for anyone who's interested. I don't know why Team Dark is shown off twice lol:

bRo6x3J.jpg

So yeah that about completes my physical PC Sonic collection I think. I don't have Sonic Adventure DX because the Steam version can be easily converted to the 2004 edition. And the moral of the story is: don't buy PC Sonic games or you might wake up one day with a copy of Sonic's Schoolhouse.

AJCP.gif

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 3

• 3 weeks later...

Got myself a nice little slice of nostalgia today:

9-DBF757-D-4-ABB-4-B0-F-B524-7-A3240-DA2

I had this booklet as a kid and I remember looking through it religiously in the lead-up to when I got my Dreamcast.

• Thumbs Up 1