Awoo.

Your latest collection additions...

Nemain

On 11/15/2019 at 11:54 PM, Stasis said:

Still waiting for the sphere booster figures to become available 0_0

Which ones do you need? 

22 hours ago, Badnik Mechanic said:

Which ones do you need? 

Managed to grab a Mighty which arrived today and is amazing! I'd just like Ray to go with him.

• 1 month later...

Stumbled upon a pretty amazing find, and one that's very nostalgic for me.

archiepack2.png

archiepack1.png

A complete, sealed comic double pack. I went to the local comic shop for the first time to actually buy something all year and checked the back issue stacks, and as I tend to, I look for old Sonic stuff whenever I get the chance. I was surprised to find this of all things, and for a dirt cheap price (just under three dollars), so I had to jump on this. As a kid, I got quite a few of these from Toys 'R' Us, it's how I ended up with duplicates for some some of my banged up specials like "Sonic & Knuckles" and "Triple Trouble" (I read and re-read my comics a lot) and issues that came out before I ever even knew Sonic had a comic book. I'm actually fairly certain this was a pack I bought years ago too, because I have "Sonic Quest" #1 and 3, but not 2. I can't say I quite understand the reasoning for packaging these two specifically, but whatever. I remember this is how I ended up with parts 2 and 3, but not the part 1, of the Tails mini and Sally mini, so I don't think that much thought went into these.

Archie Sonic will always be an important part of the franchise to me, warts and all, so getting something like this feels really special. I have no idea what it's worth, or how many more packs like this are out there, but I'm just happy to have this. The whole thing (didn't bother to open it) fit snugly into a current sized comic bag too.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, Panda Claus said:

@Zaysho I’ve seen packs like that pop up on eBay a few times. Have always thought about nabbing one for myself.

Yeah I did some searching the other night and found a couple different packs but they were pretty expensive so I imagine they're not something I'm going to hunt down any time soon. Was surprised to see a few that I'm pretty sure I did have back in the day though. Cool little pieces of history to have though.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/31/2019 at 4:21 PM, Eurisko said:

Got one of these from the SEGA shop. Kinda small but nicely detailed.

image.png.af686169a251b454a399e29db3c69878.png

I've been debating on purchasing one of these figures. How's the quality?

Got a few shirts, one for me and one for my nephew.received_640820133427343.thumb.jpeg.0c16e0d369e77ae4662967bfa4dab7a5.jpeg

He loved the movie and I just liked the shirt. Never thought I'd be buying stuff with Movie Sonic on it when that trailer came out, they really turned it around.

6 hours ago, Stritix said:

I've been debating on purchasing one of these figures. How's the quality?

The detail and colour are excellent. One difference from the picture is that the "Sparkles" that are trailing him are actually yellow not white.

Overall a nice little piece.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

For years I've been looking for these two and both pop up within 1 month of each other! All I need now is Amy and my set is complete after 24 years of trying. If anyone has one or knows someone, please help me out haha just need this to finally be over so I can move on. 

espfang.jpg

• 2 months later...

Oh, I actually got something today; Nanoblock Tails. I think GAME have the whole range of them, so I might pick up the rest later. 

1 hour ago, Your Vest Friend said:

Oh, I actually got something today; Nanoblock Tails. I think GAME have the whole range of them, so I might pick up the rest later. 

Game has them as exclusives apparently.

Also... I has these...
image.png.afd6e8309a98bb52207fc3b9bcbc7cf1.png

And... Yes they did attack the figures... and I got some of the attack on video lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlaD4gWYcA4&lc

I may be interested in getting some action figures of the Jakks pacific line, any idea which line I should get? I want a collection of a single line, with potential of it releasing more characters in the future. So I'm looking for a suggestion. Also, I'm aware they are mostly the same characters with variations, like characters in sports wear and accessories. I'm definitely not interested in getting various collections, because they look mostly the same, I want to select one to collect.

Also, where can I find them in Europe? Aside from Sega Shop EU which only has wave 2 of the first line.

Perhaps @Badnik Mechanic can give me a suggestion again.

Got a batch of Sonic goodies for my Birthday a little over a week ago. Now I'm caught up on my IDW trades:

VAmusM2.jpg

Also got an Amazon gift card which I put part of towards finally adding to this my collection:

mGpxTzX.jpg

Always wanted to grab this, as the included books are some of the first things I remember ordering by mail from the back of the random Archie Sonic issues I found at grocery stores back in the day and I have a lot of nostalgia associated with them. However, I never got around to it before because I kept putting off collecting the Selects (in large part because I still had a lot of the original books in my collection) until everything was leaving print and Book 2 in particular became pretty elusive for a good price.

Luckily, the fluctuating Amazon prices were in my favor this time and I was able to score it in very good condition for like ten bucks. (Funnily enough, the seller actually packaged it better than Amazon did for my IDW Volume 5, as that one has an annoying bend near the spine.) Now I'm only missing two Selects! (3 and 7. 7 shouldn't be a problem to snag, but I'm gonna have to wait for a deal on 3, as the Amazon prices on that one right now are a little crazy.)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/10/2020 at 10:40 AM, Jack out of the comics! said:

I may be interested in getting some action figures of the Jakks pacific line, any idea which line I should get? I want a collection of a single line, with potential of it releasing more characters in the future. So I'm looking for a suggestion. Also, I'm aware they are mostly the same characters with variations, like characters in sports wear and accessories. I'm definitely not interested in getting various collections, because they look mostly the same, I want to select one to collect.

Also, where can I find them in Europe? Aside from Sega Shop EU which only has wave 2 of the first line.

Perhaps @Badnik Mechanic can give me a suggestion again.

I... Really don't know.

The new Jakks pacific figures which are posable might get a few waves, but they've been so random lately with their lines it's hard to predict.

• 1 month later...

Smaller Sonic connection, but I'd say it still fits here and I'm way too jazzed about it to not share:

Disney Movie Insiders (Disney's reward program where you earn points by putting in codes that come with movies) recently relaunched the physical rewards made popular by their previous incarnation, Disney Movie Rewards. 

Normally, I would've just saved up my points over time for something specific, but the SECOND I saw that they had the final theatrical poster for the original Wreck-It Ralph available to redeem in their catalog, my head exploded. I own three Ralph Breaks the Internet posters that I got from DMR previously, but I didn't sign up early enough to get in on any of the first movie's promo stuff. (If they even had posters in their catalog back in 2012.) I have also always REALLY wanted that specific poster for my bedroom ever since it was first revealed (It went from wanting it because animated movie poster with Sonic on it to wanting it because poster for my favorite movie ever with Sonic on it), so I COULDN'T chance it going out of stock before I got the points.

I quickly ordered a couple cheap DVDs/Blu-rays I had my eye on off of Amazon, got them in, entered their codes, and redeemed my poster. I had to wait a while (I redeemed it on September 18th and it just came today without a shipping notification) and I was getting nervous (I saw that other people who redeemed it got Pop figures for the Mulan remake accidentally instead), but it's finally here and it looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The mix of dark blue and red, Ralph himself and the logo being so huge, Ralphie being flanked by everyone from Sonic and Eggman to Clyde and M. Bison, I just love everything about it and I'd say it's absolutely my favorite decoration I have on my wall currently. It also just feels so good to fulfill a personal collecting dream of mine. 😊

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey its got Sonic in the film and on the poster. It counts. Its also one of the many reasons we got the Sonic 2020 film:  so many fans of Sonic in Wreck It Ralph. 

• Fist Bump 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Badnik Mechanic's video on the Eaglemoss figurines convinced me to get them. During the Black Friday sale, five of the seven figurines (Tails, Knuckles, Super Sonic, Pixel Sonic and  Pixel Tails) were half price at only £9.99 instead of £19.99, and they were so worth that price! Only Sonic and Eggman were still full price. They're gorgeous. Smaller than I expected them to be, but gorgeous. Some issues fitting them into the bases though, which was expected. They're also fine/virtually fine, expect Super Sonic who sticks out way too far and Tails who didn't fit until all the paint was chipped off the metal pegs and now fits perfectly.

But Eggman has a big problem; a fractured leg, which I know it's a common problem. Thing is... The plastic sticker seal on the box was already broken and the cardboard slightly torn. My figures came in the foam casing instead of plastic because they're from a later run, but this one is still broken. When considering the fact that the deal was broken and cardboard torn though, I'm pretty sure I've been given someone else's returns. Definitely disappointed with that, cause all of the other figures are brilliant.

5 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

But Eggman has a big problem; a fractured leg, which I know it's a common problem. Thing is... The plastic sticker seal on the box was already broken and the cardboard slightly torn. My figures came in the foam casing instead of plastic because they're from a later run, but this one is still broken. When considering the fact that the deal was broken and cardboard torn though, I'm pretty sure I've been given someone else's returns. Definitely disappointed with that, cause all of the other figures are brilliant.

Sucks to hear that the Eggman is still fragile.

If email them back with pics. They've refunded/replaced a lot so should take some of the sting off that.

Also did you happen to use my referral link? Lol just I had a few people use it on black Friday.

20 minutes ago, Badnik Mechanic said:

Sucks to hear that the Eggman is still fragile.

If email them back with pics. They've refunded/replaced a lot so should take some of the sting off that.

Also did you happen to use my referral link? Lol just I had a few people use it on black Friday.

Yeah, I emailed them about it this morning and included pictures. Just waiting to hear back now. 

As for your referral link... I did use it but then I actually found a better deal that saved me a further few quid. The total that I ended up paying was £76.48 (£10.92 per figure). With your referral code it was £80.98 (£11.56 per figure). Either price was a steal to be honest.

Oh cool!

I saw the black Friday prices late in the day and even without extra codes they were an insane deal.