Awoo.

Your latest collection additions...

Nemain

Goddammit, I'd murder for the Sonic in Sydney CD. Where did you spot this Chris?

T

Here: Rawr but by the looks of things the seller, "Kiselgof" has taken his collection of stuffs down. He was a reliable seller too, very quick delivery. You could always email/PM and see what else he has left..

I seem to recall him having Sonic Drift both1 and 2...but I dont know if they're gone yet...

29122009012.jpg

My Dobbyn art is now framed and walled. Rather nice.[

I'm not sure... but the one on the right may not be Mr Dobbyn's work. In some issues another artist (Robert something I think), did the drawings, but Nigel did the colouring. It looks a tad different to the stuff I've got, but quite similar to the ones that I have which were drawn by this Robert guy and coloured by Nigel.

But either way they're still great... keep out of direct sunlight though!

29122009013.jpg

SONIC PANTSU!

You have NO IDEA as to how long I've been looking for a pair of Sonic Pants just like these...

You have NO IDEA as to how long I've been looking for a pair of Sonic Pants just like these...

They're on the Topman Website here, and in Topman shops.

Link here.

Got these before Christmas:

IMG_2119.jpg

I was literally screaming when I got these in the mail!

Such nice gift from MRi-san and Popoco-san! >///<

(Exclude the two on the left on the second row, and the four in the back row; those are old ones~ww)

And bought this in LA:

IMG_2370.jpg

I laughed so hard when I saw this...XD

And I bought it.

Edited by KIRBY

^You can almost imagine the cap front being Sonic's mouth (beak)! XDDD

Getting envious for those comic there, dude D:

As for me.. first, you guys should know that Malaysia is not a place for collectors or otakus. These are simply being called a "childish" person, nothing else which is sad :( I still, however own a large box of merchandise or two. As for the latest addition, it's:

Snapshot_20100105_4.jpg

Snapshot_20100105_6.jpg

First ever Mario merchandise(s) :)

Also worth a mention is that bootlegs are simply anywhere you go in Malaysia. For example, a DVD I just got recently:

Snapshot_20100105_9.jpg

Snapshot_20100105_10.jpg

It even comes with a free CD:

Snapshot_20100105_7.jpg

As for Sonic collection, aside from the Sonic Rivals 2 won from TSS 09' sweepstakes (I'm not showing off!), the latest one I got is:

Snapshot_20100105_11.jpg

Consider yourself lucky if you can even find this around here. :D

Edited by FreeloadeR

Got these before Christmas:

IMG_2119.jpg

I was literally screaming when I got these in the mail!

Such nice gift from MRi-san and Popoco-san! >///<

(Exclude the two on the left on the second row, and the four in the back row; those are old ones~ww)

...SONADOW?!!

/wants those Doujinshis really bad/

^You can almost imagine the cap front being Sonic's mouth (beak)! XDDD

Getting envious for those comic there, dude D:

BITE ME XDDDDD

...SONADOW?!!

/wants those Doujinshis really bad/

Sadly, that's actually not sonadowD:

It's a novel...type...thingy...that has nothing to do with sonadow...

It's about how Silver and Sonic made a bet to see who can make Shadow smile first...ww

This came in the mail a few days ago.

donk1z.jpg

A Pastel Tails plush. I've been after him for a while and I'm so glad I finally got one. They're so hard to comeby now.

Sadly, that's actually not sonadowD:

It's a novel...type...thingy...that has nothing to do with sonadow...

It's about how Silver and Sonic made a bet to see who can make Shadow smile first...ww

We are on about the same one, right?

The front one on the left. :'3

EITHER WAY... I nao has moneys so where could I get them?

We are on about the same one, right?

The front one on the left. :'3

EITHER WAY... I nao has moneys so where could I get them?

Yes, and it isn't sonadow D:

None of these are sondaow to begin with...<--hard core sonadow fan

And about where to get these...

they are either in Taiwan or Japan;

and the latest additions...they can be found here:(Only in Japanese, sorry>_<)

Popoco's doujin

Lol, I just bought this on ebay:

picture1lg.png

Sometimes I'll search Sonic the Hedgehog and buy the cheapest item I can find. This was $4. I bought the first book, Sonic's Shoes Blues, years ago. Now I have the "sequel".

Expect a Valentine's Day story time at the Sega Memories blog ;)

update: just got this off ebay for $22

sega_girls_capsule_toy_shop.jpg

I like collection 1 much more than collection 2, which can be seen here:

http://www.ncsxshop.com/images/products/large/0205/sega_gals_2.jpg

Edited by Doctor Eggman

I was looking on UK RESISTANCE last night and saw an update about Sonic PJ bottoms being in New Look, I totally freaked out when I saw them, I just HAD to get them! I thought they looked totally awesome, and there I was thinking I wasn't into Sonic anymore XD I guess deep down I still have some Sonic love within me. Anyways, I shall definitely be wearing these to bed tonight! :D

Sonicpajamabottoms.jpg

^ Oh I don't even like pink, but those are amazing. I've just gone and ordered those along with the nifty boxers.

(And the kids boxers, but... well. Least said about that the better. >.>)

SDC.png

This awesome little thing just came in the post this morning.

As my STC Collection is near enough complete, I decided I needed something else to focus on. So! New goal is to get the European versions of the comic... hey, you have to fill the void somehow. So far I've only managed to track down one German issue, but it's certainly better than nothing. I also picked up a couple of the British books I've been missing for years, including a Ladybird Adventure Gamebook, the Joke Book, 'Sonic the Hedgehog Beats the Badniks', and best of all... Zone Rangers! So now I have the whole set of the Puffin/Fantail gamebooks too. :)

Oh yeah, and as I suppose they count, I got some S&SASR stickers (plus a poster!) free with ONM yesterday.

Winter1992.png

Whilst over on the non-Sonic front, I'm (very slowly) trying to complete my 2000 AD and Judge Dredd collection. Yesterday I snagged a copy of the 1992 Winter Special as it had a strip I was particularly interested in reading.

...why is there wrestling on the front of that German STC? D:

German STC's had very little to do with the Sonic if their covers are to be believed, they contained strips from the UK version, but totally out of the correct order. I once ordered a huge batch of them from ebay... but they failed to arrive.

Theres quite a few foreign Sonic the Comic's but the german ones are quite bizzare.

Yeah, it's barely a Sonic comic at all. There's a fair amount of random articles featured within that have absolutely nothing to do with gaming, never mind Sonic for that matter. It does have both parts of Girl Trouble and the first of Pirates of the Mystic Cave (odd in itself, as this is only issue 8 of the German comic whereas those strips didn't appear until the 20s in the original version; makes me wonder just what strips they skipped to get that far in such few issues), plus two of STC's Eternal Champions strips. Not to mention a review for Mean Bean Machine.

Other than that though, nothing is really relevant to SEGA whatsoever.

Still wouldn't mind having a whole set though, because I'm curious to exactly what strips they did translate.

Does anyone know how far the European versions went, or how many issues they lasted?

No idea, but when I used to help out with Sonic the Comic Archieve, the German section was by far the largest, but there was at least 4 other countries that had their own version. I think that ther german ones lasted the longest, but I could be wrong. I think that there may have been a version published in Denmark and Norway... but I could be wrong.

The regular STC ran a small article in #34 and at that point mentioned they were published in Germany, Italy, France and Holland. Not sure how long any of them lasted alas, which makes it quite awkward when you're trying to collect them all. I do seem to remember reading somewhere myself that it was the German or French version, but I have no idea how accurate that was. Just a shame there's hardly any issues floating about nowadays...

Yes, the OP lives. ;)

Very nice additions, everyone. Big or small, it's good to see us merch hogs adding to our collections!

I don't have much spectacular to add myself, it's been mostly little things like tagged 1991/2 UK Sonics and Tails. I DID just recently get an SA1 Amy for $50, ReSaurus Amy, Big and Gamma boxed for $100, and these...

superruigi-img600x450-1260369103eb117a69051.jpg

I got these for $570. Before you all go WHAT, on their own Slippy and Peppy go for about $250, Fox $300 and Falco up to $400. YJA sure does make for savings on rare merch...

pinklemoned1213-img600x450-12612974783jqhy958473.jpg

I didn't even know there was more to the christmas plush set than NiGHTS! I'd never seen anything other than NiGHTS so assumed not. Very happy to have this guy also. That's all the base set, Christmas NiGHTS, the keychains and christmas Nightopian in my clutches now. Can't wait for them to arrive!

EDIT: Oh yeah, got another Reala plushie for $50. Not sure why he went so low... They normally go for $200-250. Must have been the timing of Christmas and a lot of luck...

Edited by Nemain

Just scored Sonic Triple Trouble on ebay for $2. :D

edit: saw above, cool plushies, though those prices are outrageous! $200-$500?! disposable income, anyone? ;)

double edit: just added Sonic the Hedgehog (Game Gear) for $3. :D Now I have all the essential Sonic Game Gear games.

Edited by Doctor Eggman