Awoo.

Your latest collection additions...

Nemain

So I got a giant package through the post yesterday. Lots of Sonic merch, some rare, some not so rare but lovely.

The box contained.

* Sonic the Fighters Arcade Poster. (Would have been put on the machine?)

* Sonic the Fighters Arcade moves list. (it's the instructions that you'd find just above the joysticks?)

* Sonic the Fighters Arcade manual. (Even the arcade machines get instruction manuals, theres one interesting bit where they list a bunch of other Sega arcade machines under a Sonic the Fighters headding. Including Virtua Striker and some other fighters game. )

* Sonic R Soundtrack. (yay!)

* Sonic money box/piggy bank (it looks like Sonic is sat on the toilet).

* Sonic the hedgehog and Tails classic tie.

* Dr Robotnik statue! (OMG! It's so awesome! It's just the boss! So amazing you'll want it's babies!)

Needless to say, I actually have that Sonic bank sans the stopper. It is currently by my CD player. I even remember when I bought that too, along with a Sonic nightlight I still have that projects an image on the ceiling.

WOAH! I was floored when I saw that Robotnik statue. I was honestly expecting that smaller, cheaper looking one from this link.

Now I am absolutely curious when that one came out and where. Were there any distinct markings on it? That statue looks like something belonging to the Sonic collection that First4Figures put out last year.

And guess what? I found another one being sold on E-Bay for a HEFTY price.

You know, I can take that statue off your hands for you. Keeps your room clutter free and all. :P

WOAH! I was floored when I saw that Robotnik statue. I was honestly expecting that smaller, cheaper looking one from this link.

Now I am absolutely curious when that one came out and where. Were there any distinct markings on it? That statue looks like something belonging to the Sonic collection that First4Figures put out last year.

And guess what? I found another one being sold on E-Bay for a HEFTY price.

You know, I can take that statue off your hands for you. Keeps your room clutter free and all. :P

I can't decide if it's real or fake. The quality of it makes me think that it's real. The material it's made from, the base, the detail. It easilly rivals first4figures or even jazzwares.

But then again, no markings, no makers stamp, not even a date/year mark. The base itself, the statue can be detatched (as seen in by vid) and the things that hold the statue to the base just seem a bit, well, wrong... They just don't seem like the thing you would use to hold it to the base even though it works, and works very well.

Out of all the statues I've seen from other YouTube vids and random pictures they all look the same and of equal quality, even the bases. So either a very talented fan made some of the most extrordinary pieces ever. Or... They're amazingly obscure merch that is probably some of the first merch made. The real answer will come if someone finds one boxed, as I've never seen that.

But the lack of boxes do not instantly mean fake, for example I own a Sega glasses case which contains several Sonic badges, they're official, they were sold at Sega World London, but almost every one I've seen has no box, that's because when I bought one that was boxed it was just a wrap around bit of card that said Sonic 2 on it. That was the box, but finding one boxed is rare, I've only ever seen 2, one is on my collection the other is on ebay right now.

So, one explanation for the lack of boxes if these are official, they may have been amazingly basic, like just a cardbord box with no markings, that might be the case if these were mail order.

Like I joked with Nemain, the only way to be sure/get an idea, try to carbon date it. "Carbon date your Sonic toot."

• Thumbs Up 1

You see, radioactive isotopes and the people that study them have their uses!

My take on the statues (without actually owning one), is that the statues are official but the bases are a later addition. Any markings on the foot would be completely hidden by a base. There are others in this range too... Definitely a Tails and an Amy. Never seen a Sonic though... Also, it is possible to get Robotnik for a shadow over $20 on YJA, so that Ebay seller is going to get a great deal if it sells!

Can't post here without showing more winnings from YJA now!

dream52730116-img600x450-1267231561kwgtw078644.jpg

I know. I said I was cleaned out. I lied. Now I really AM totally cleaned out. Thankfully me and a partner in crime are splitting this lot, otherwise I definitely wouldn't have bid! Just pleased that between us we're both getting something while making the end cost much easier to manage.

Edited by Nemain

Unless T-bird is your partner in crime keep those awesome plushies a secret or he'll be after them.

Going back to what I said before about the lack of a box. I can actually think of another piece of Sega merch that has a distinct lack of a box. The Bayonetta Scarborough fair guns. Those are Sega official products, but the UK ones come in a plain white box, little reason to keep it. The Australian ones, very different story. But it's a very good and modern example of Sega releasing official merch that may in the future be sold without the box because there is nothing on it to distinguish it or identify it.

Unless T-bird is your partner in crime keep those awesome plushies a secret or he'll be after them.

Going back to what I said before about the lack of a box. I can actually think of another piece of Sega merch that has a distinct lack of a box. The Bayonetta Scarborough fair guns. Those are Sega official products, but the UK ones come in a plain white box, little reason to keep it. The Australian ones, very different story. But it's a very good and modern example of Sega releasing official merch that may in the future be sold without the box because there is nothing on it to distinguish it or identify it.

Maybe we have a lead on the origin of that Eggman statue:

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG - EGGMAN STATUET

An extremely rare statue of EGGMAN from the early 90's from japan.

This product was in the series along with Soccer Sonic / Tails / and 'classic' AMY.

This is an official SONIC SEGA product purchased from Japan.

That's what the description of the statue for sale on E-Bay mentions.

Ah, here we go:

STATUES.jpg

It is from this series.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Cas: Who else would it be? :P

Aha! It's great to see the Sonic from that set. Very nice sculpts for all four statues. That also ties in very nicely with the two UFO sports plush sets released in Japan as well. It wouldn't exactly be too forward an assumption to say they're roughly the same age give the similarity between them, so my guess is the statues are likely from around 1993-94 as that is the age of my sports plush set.

Awesome statues are awesome... Do want. D:

Maybe we have a lead on the origin of that Eggman statue:

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG - EGGMAN STATUET

An extremely rare statue of EGGMAN from the early 90's from japan.

This product was in the series along with Soccer Sonic / Tails / and 'classic' AMY.

This is an official SONIC SEGA product purchased from Japan.

That's what the description of the statue for sale on E-Bay mentions.

Ah, here we go:

STATUES.jpg

It is from this series.

WOW! 1 Rep to Kintobor-dor|

I had trhought about checking sonic gear but it passed me by for some reason. But those are fantastic. At least now the fan made or official argument seems to be closed on these things, I still want to know what the boxes looked like, if indeed they came in marked boxes, also what the Amy ones looked like.

^ Ahh, I'm desperately after the figures from that set! I'll probably give Robotnik a miss, but I've never once seen football Sonic, Sonic looking to side, and running Tails up for sale ;_; They're among one of my most wanted items... Old style Amy's the one I want most from the set, and hopefully a friend of mine's gonna let me buy hers off her soon. :]

Anyways, as for my recent purchases...

Met up with Nemain today and bought this off her for £120. I love it! :D

NiGHTSplushSmall.jpg

Got given this for free from Nemain today (thanks so much! =D), and he's really awesome and unique- looks great on my shelf!

MetalSonicJUVIfigureSmall.jpg

I paid $162 for this game, and the main reason I bought it was JUST because it's rare, seriously! I played it many times on an emulator beforehand, and I've never been too fond of it, but I was just sick of searching for it on ebay 24/7 hoping to find one in a Mega Drive lot cheap, so I thought I'd cure my obsession by just buying it. XD It's great to finally own the first 3 Mega Man games though, and I love collecting retro games, so it's all good anyways.

MegaManTheWilyWarsSmall.jpg

Oh, and I received this about about a week ago. I bough this back in January and it didn't turn up until the 3rd March! I left them negative feedback and all, but they were quick enough to send it when I tried claiming my money back. -.-

JapanSonicXKnucklesplushSmall.jpg

Nice NiGHTS plush!

Just to weird out Cass...look what I've also scavenged:

img0247r.jpg

I also own the script to Sonic X Episode 71: Chaotix Café:

img0248x.jpg

Not that I can read it...

T

I got quite a lot of stuff. Some common as hell, some quite hard to find and a few tricky ones. But nothing outlandishly rare.

Here are some photos. Other to come soon hopefully. I'll try and do them soon if I can.

The first is a poster advertising Sonic O6. Underneath Sonic, Tails and Knuckles figures on their stands (regularly cleaned) and to the left the TV shows and Sonic movie. Next to that a signed picture of Sonic drawn and signed by Matt Herms. He was selling copies of his Sonic the Hedgehog sketchbook on ebay and would draw and sign a picture to the buyer. He offered to draw any character. I picked Sonic, on reflection maybe Super Sonic or Knuckles might have been a better choice for me.

post-1553-12682577719773_thumb.jpg

Other things I own:

Music:

Sonic Adventure 2 soundtrack with japanese promo sticker

Sonic Heroes soundtrack

Sonic World Adventure Planetary Pieces

Toys and games:

Sonic Adventure Gel Pen set

SA Bendy figures (Sonic, Tails,, Knuckles, Amy, 2 chaos emerlads and rings in box)

3D action game (early 90's)

2 jigsaws (90's)

Mountain quest (90's)

Badge making set (90's)

Sonic Cyclone (90's)

4 novels (Robotnik's Lab, 4 Dimension etc)

Sonic 06 mug with box

Most of the British and American comic series plus all current archives

Sonic, Knuckles and Shadow cushions

S, T and K mini figures (2 inch)

S, T, and K figures (Sonic Adventure)

Plush:

Sonic and Tails (1991/2)

Knuckles (SA)

Eggman with tag (SA)

Big the cat (SA)

Neutral Chao (SA)

Cream the Rabbit

Mini Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Shadow plush (Sonic X)

Sonic O6 doublesided poster

Sonic Rivals poster

Duvet, curtains and lampshade (not in use but around somewhere.)

Waistcoat and pyjamas (from when I was about 4. They clearly don't fit any more but they'll be stashed away somewhere)

That's what I currently see anyway (apart from the duvet and pyjamas!). And I love all of everyone else's. Cool stuff.

That's an awesome frame for your Herms thing, I think my book is just on a shelf.

Music:

Sonic Adventure 2 soundtrack with japanese promo sticker

*Eyes up with beady merch eye* If that's the real deal and not the MIYA knock-off, that's worth a lot of money now.

Very nice collection - get some pics up!

T

Right, pics. Here we go then. Firstly, plush, toys, old 90's stuff, CD's etc. Sonic 06 mug in box, miniture backpack, cushions, frisbee, McDonalds bags (I have the toys but they'll be somewhere else) from Sonic 3's release, files, Eggman punching bag, pencil cases and Sonic themed HMV bag being distributed around Christmas.

post-1553-12684261918423_thumb.jpg

Next, close ups etc of the CD's and the back and front of that sticker. I wasn't too sure what MIYA was but this is it anyway.

post-1553-12684263670366_thumb.jpg post-1553-12684263830507_thumb.jpg

Some old books (novels, gamebooks and "Where's Sonic?")

post-1553-1268426432764_thumb.jpg

Comics, UK on top, US (which I prefer) underneath. Next to it, Sonic Quest, Tails and Knuckles miniseries (I have the 32 issue Knuckles series which runs afer that but I didn't take a photo for some reason I don't understand)

post-1553-12684264930953_thumb.jpg post-1553-1268426556592_thumb.jpg

The current archives and a couple of US specials.

post-1553-12684266361955_thumb.jpg post-1553-12684266733477_thumb.jpg

From Sonic Adventure, bendy figures and gel pen set (The Sonic pen is filled with... no not blue. Have another guess. No... white. Yes...WHITE INK!

post-1553-12684268258675_thumb.jpg

Lastly, the signed Matt Herms sketchbook

post-1553-12684270105714_thumb.jpg

So T-Bird, does the sticker pic help? Good or duff? I really have no clue.

Hope you all enjoyed that little tour.

• Thumbs Up 1

So T-Bird, does the sticker pic help? Good or duff? I really have no clue.

Ah! Thought it was the Multidimensional Soundtrack! Still a rare OST to own! Nice collection though!

T

Wait, its just come to me. MIYA is a label? The multi-dimensional soundtrack which was way rarer. Is the rare sticker one of Sonic with the phrase "You Wanna Be A Hero?" and mini posters. That is rare. Saw some on ebay but none say they have posters and stickers. I'd prefer that version though. But you'd need a fair few quid/dollars to get one I'm guessing.

This isn't really a latest addition to my collection, but it has come back after many years of being at mine and Shadzters Nan's house! xD

It's a mug you can use for hot drinks and the heat reveals two badniks behind the blackness! I have no idea how it is done, maybe someone has a scientific explanation? Lol.

The text says:

Sonic The Hedgehog tm

With Attitutde

;D

For all you who are curious and who don't already know, when it's not nearly 3am in the morning I will pour myself a hot drink and take a picture of the mug with the badniks revealed :P

Could do with one anyway as I haven't been very well all week, haha, bad times D: !

Oh the temptations of a hot chocolate right now...

Erm also the coaster being used is just a random light-up coaster which flashes to the sound of music, hence the Hedgehog Heaven - Hidden Palace Future song playing on my iTouch ;3, just thought I'd randomly get them in the shot, sonic can be futuristic too! XD

Anyway... The images!!:DB)

Image001.jpgImage.jpg

Edited by StuFox

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhhh I wondered who would eventually buy them. Got a pack of those myself, they're a very very nice indeed. Although I got a packet of Sonic Adventure plasters with mine... not sure why but I got them.

Definately a great little set of badges there, just snagged some Sonic badges myself. Will most likely be flogging the ones I already have so watch this space!

Seriously, where do you guys get all your money from!? All of these rare items are constantly bought, and all I can get my hands on is a £1.04 Sonic T-shirt lol

shirta.png

The rarest thing I own is a Knuckles (Sonic the Fighters) Keyring which I was lucky to get back in 1996.

Seriously, where do you guys get all your money from!? All of these rare items are constantly bought, and all I can get my hands on is a £1.04 Sonic T-shirt lol

shirta.png

Haha, the hiragana and kanji on that I think says yori "hiyaku" - which I think roughly translates as "more than fast". Looks like I picked up more Japanese than I thought!

I get all my money from working a job that pays well Stasis!

T

Haha, the hiragana and kanji on that I think says yori "hiyaku" - which I think roughly translates as "more than fast". Looks like I picked up more Japanese than I thought!

I get all my money from working a job that pays well Stasis!

T

Please, get me a job doing what your doing. After I've paid all my bills, rent, car insurance etc I'm left with bugger all lol

On a more positive note, I MIGHT be getting my hands on some more of those rare Sonic the Fighters keyrings - Sonic and Amy to be precise. These are the main things I'm looking for, and aim to get them all at some point. Nack/Fang is currently on ebay.com selling for 25 dollars, but alas, I am broke - Nack/Fang auction

sonicnackkeychain.jpg

Someone buy him for me. I'll pay you back in... kindness I guess. I can afford that.

Edited by Stasis

Awwww, hello little fella. *prods head*

(Don't worry Stasis, I was talking about the keychain. ...Or was I?)

Edited by Mr. Needlemark

Lol. No one wins a prize for guessing who's high bidder on this >__>

Stasis: get yourself a 1st class degree in experimental Nuclear Physics and I'll hook ya right up!

T

I was given a Sonic & the Black Knight action figure yesterday and I have to say, I think he's the sweetest thing I've ever seen! I love him! Granted, I might be biased just slightly, thanks to who gave him to me, but nevertheless I reckon he's ace!

Makes me wonder about the rest of the action figure line... basically, I'd sell my soul for Silver the Hedgehog! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Very nice, T. Noticed one of these on ebay the other day along with some other rares. I'll link them in the other topic.