Awoo.

Your latest collection additions...

Nemain

Just got the 4" First 4 Figures Tails, with Sonic and Knuckles on the way.

Also this T-shirt which Glenn got for me (also currently wearing!), and I'm also waiting on one of the mini HMV-giveaway All-Stars Racing figures from Lucky Winters (item trade, I'm sending some stuff off in return tomorrow).

I'm also very very tempted by the 12" First 4 Figures Sonic statue, despite the price tag... >.>

I'm also very very tempted by the 12" First 4 Figures Sonic statue, despite the price tag... >.>

That figure is godly, but beware when ordering it online (not many other ways you'll find it I 'spose...) because people have been saying that the box comes in the post slightly damaged. Still, it is an absolutely amazing statue. :)

That figure is godly, but beware when ordering it online (not many other ways you'll find it I 'spose...) because people have been saying that the box comes in the post slightly damaged. Still, it is an absolutely amazing statue. :)

When I order mine, I'm going to Forbidden Planet and having one ordered in. That way I can judge the quality before I purchase it

Edited by Stasis

My box was in a state when I ordered from Play.com, this is true for a number of other people that ordered from there. The figure itself is flaweless, the outer box has a bit of damage though.

My box was in a state when I ordered from Play.com, this is true for a number of other people that ordered from there. The figure itself is flaweless, the outer box has a bit of damage though.

One question though, is it a NICE box? :P

Yes, but chances are it won't have the extra thick outer cardboard box, just the nice coloured box with the picture on it.

Yeah, I'd heard about box-damage issues regarding getting it from Play.com.

That said, I'll probably still end up getting it from there. D= I don't have a Forbidden Planet or any simila stores near me.

EDIT:

Got my ASR figure this morning. Also, I swear that the First 4 Figures Tails looks like he's been caught in the spotlight whilst attempting a jailbreak. His pose just screams "Crap, they found me!"

Image043.jpg

Edited by Mahzes

I also just got my First4Figure Tails two days ago! :D (still boxed. Doesn't seem like I'll be opening it at all lol) I loved it, he looks so cute! x3

And where can you find a Sonic one now? Last time I missed the chance to get him for some stupid snacks! DX

That F4F Tails looks awesome. I have the Sonic, but I hate him. He won't stay on his stand properly and he arrived broken. I'll definetly be picking Tails up when I have the cash.

Edited by Kai Avalon

I also just got my First4Figure Tails two days ago! :D (still boxed. Doesn't seem like I'll be opening it at all lol) I loved it, he looks so cute! x3

And where can you find a Sonic one now? Last time I missed the chance to get him for some stupid snacks! DX

I think you can only get the Sonic one on eBay now. Annoyingly, despite being relatively new, the F4F figures are already out of print and thus getting rarer. =/

PlayAsia still have Knuckles, but I had to go to eBay for Sonic and Tails.

And Kai, if he arrived broken I'd start complaining and demanding a replacement, if I were you.

So a few days ago I spent a stupid sum of money on an auction. The reason being is that this auction contained a lot of Sonic the Comic free gifts that I don't own, and above everything else that was there I wanted those... which is barmy when you see what else was in the collection.

I picked it up today from the post office depo, I did an unboxing of it as I planned... however... what I was not expecting was for a few bonus items not included in the auction. Including two things that I've never seen before and a couple of other Sonic collectors have not seen before.

First of all here is the video of me playing with the stuff.

So no. I was not expecting that Sega booklet with the Sega world ticket, I think thats quite rare isn't it?

Well anyway, lets start with the most interesting things of the collection shall we?

Soniccollection1.jpg

That my friends is from Sega World. What is it? Well you know those machines that you put pennies into and then turn a crank to crush and warp it into a funny shape and put a new picture on it? Thats what it is. It has Sonic and written under it is the words "Sega London" The coin itself is dated 1998 (you can just make out the original date on the back). So heres my first question... where are the other designs? If you have seen these machines I have a question for you.... how many times have you seen one that only has 1 design? Theres always at least 3 designs to put on the coins. This is one of them. Does anyone know of the other two? I've not seen this before, I couldn't even find it on Sonic Gear either. They may most certainly have the picture for the site if they want/someone gets me their contact details since they never seem to get any of my emails about other stuff... well anyway. Does anyone know anything about the mystery of the squished coin?

The next few pictures are of the Sega World leaflet/map.

Soniccollection2.jpg

Soniccollection3.jpg

Soniccollection4.jpg

Again, I've not seen these before either, you see how Sega World looked and was laid out for anyone who has not been to it/what it is now. According to my pirate overloard Nemain, you can still see where the two McDonalds were. However, what makes this stand out even more, there is an actual Sega World ticket attached to it! Dated 21/10/96 and was bought at 11:47am. It's a childs Ticket and cost £9! You can also see what rides they had, where the 'SegaStore' was located (sadly no photos of the SegaStore) and even the childrens play area.

Whats really funny about this, is the "Message from Sonic." I'll summerise this in a way only Sonic fans can understand...

Sonic Sez: No Smoking,

Sonic Sez: No drinking (alcohol),

Sonic Sez: No bringing in outside food or drink,

Sonic Sez: Buy food from my shops (lol seriously they do say that).

Sonic Sez: Children must be acompanied by an adult.

Sonic Sez: No other animals except guide dogs as I get jealous of other animals.

Sonic Sez: I have the right to refuse admission to ANYONE!

Wow what a git.

Next up we have Sonic the Comic gifts.

Soniccollection6.jpg

This is what I mainly bought this for. The STC free gifts, a lot of my issues post 126 are second hand, as a result not many have the free gifts, finding a sale that has the free gifts is very hard, so this was a chance I didn't want to pass up, I didn't even know about the wallet, niether did Uncle T. The luggage tag has the previous owners details on... so I'll make efforts to remove them later.

Soniccollection8.jpg

Burger King and McDonalds toys.... yay... all work fine, not much to say about these.

Soniccollection7.jpg

An assortment of classic Sonic figures from the early 1990's and the odd one from late 1990. Both static and clockwork figures, the clockwork ones still function fine. At the end of my video you can see one of them in action.

Soniccollection5.jpg

Oh yes, This is why it cost a lot, these figures are all boxed, come from Tomy and are quite highly sort after. Boxes are still in pretty good condition given that they're getting on for 20 years old now.

The collection also contained some Ladybird story books (Robotniks Oil and .... something else.) as well as two of the adventure books, Robotniks Castle and urm... something else). Also included was the Sonic Joke book.... which very interestingly... contains a couple of non Sonic characters, I think they're just ones that Ladybird created for the book, not official in any way so don't get excited about that one.

So thats it, any questions? .... ... ... Subscribe to my youtube!!! Rate and![snip!]

Edited by Casanova
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pirate overlord Nemain? Don't let Urth see you calling me that. :lol:

Looking at that map and looking up at what you can see when you're in the complex you can easily spot where some things would have been (even if they've been very poorly hidden), most notably that first McD's really close to the entrance which is now blocked off by a drinks machine.

trocadero-21.jpg?w=424&h=303

Sadness. :(

You can even see where many of the escalators were going now we have that map! They've pretty much left it derelict since SegaWorld closed down as Funland only rents the lower two floors. They're going to be clearing it soon as a hotel is going in there... Anyone else want to try and beg them for any stuff that might be left? :lol:

Epic haul, Cas, and that leaflet is priceless. You're extremely lucky!

Edited by Nemain
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think you can only get the Sonic one on eBay now. Annoyingly, despite being relatively new, the F4F figures are already out of print and thus getting rarer. =/

PlayAsia still have Knuckles, but I had to go to eBay for Sonic and Tails.

Well, PlayAsia IS the place I got my Tails figure XD (a few days before it was out of print). And I'm not going to touch eBay if what I heard was RARE. :\

That's an amazing collection of stuff Cas, thanks loads for sharing with us.

In other news, Vger made the big mistake of merch shopping with me today:

img0275r.jpg

T

Soniccollection1.jpg

That my friends is from Sega World. What is it? Well you know those machines that you put pennies into and then turn a crank to crush and warp it into a funny shape and put a new picture on it? Thats what it is. It has Sonic and written under it is the words "Sega London" The coin itself is dated 1998 (you can just make out the original date on the back). So heres my first question... where are the other designs? If you have seen these machines I have a question for you.... how many times have you seen one that only has 1 design? Theres always at least 3 designs to put on the coins. This is one of them. Does anyone know of the other two? I've not seen this before, I couldn't even find it on Sonic Gear either. They may most certainly have the picture for the site if they want/someone gets me their contact details since they never seem to get any of my emails about other stuff... well anyway. Does anyone know anything about the mystery of the squished coin?

As far as I'm aware, that is the only Sonic design that was available. I don't have one of those coins myself yet, but Mahzes got one whilst he was at SEGAWorld years ago which featured the same design, and I seem to remember him mentioning that the other designs were just generic things and nothing to do with Sonic or even SEGA at all.

Some really awesome stuff in that pile though. I'd have gone after that myself if I had more money to spare, but alas, I already own everything except the coin, the leaflets and possibly the wallet (may have one somewhere, but off-hand I'm not 100%. And it was given out to subscribers at one point, if you're wondering where it came from).

As for my latest additions, I recently acquired this rucksack from Forbidden Planet, am in the middle of sorting out a deal with someone for a SEGAWorld Sydney card featuring Sally (which I used to own until my cousin nicked it, and it's probably gonna cost a small fortune to replace...), and should hopefully receive Sonic the Poster Mag #8 (super exciting!) and a Mighty cutout from one of the conventions on Monday as part of my trade with Mahzes. :3

Edited by Lucky

Yeah, I have me one of those Sonic 2p pieces. Actually own it first-hand in that I was actually the one who ran it through the machine and had it made, rather than buying it off eBay or something. It was 50p per 'imprint', and I really wish I'd had more made up now if only for the sake of selling extras and raking in some cash >.>.

But yeah, Lucky's right- I think there were a handful of designs, the others were all generic stuff like heart symbols and whatnot, that was the only Sonic one there. Like I said, I'd have got more Sonic ones, but I was only 12-13 at the time and my Dad was the only one with me and thus in charge of money, so normal logic was forced. Well, that and making loads to keep/ sell didn't occur to me at that age, anyway.

And yeah, I have the STC wallet too (I actually still use it as my main wallet). Still got an old SEGAWORLD ticket or two lying around too (went there quite a few times, I actually went on the aforementioned kids' play area way back when, too- the plastic slide gave loads of static shocks. D: ).

EDIT:

Update, Play.com have sold out of the 12" Sonic statue. Which has promptly scared me into trying to hunt one down ASAP.

Edited by Mahzes

Sorry for the double-post, but....

*drum roll*~~~

Image044.jpg

Arrived about an hour ago. I got number 473. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Triple post, but I have yet more things. D:

Got this last Saturday morning...

Image004-2.jpg

Then was given this by Glenn a few hours later... (sorry about the quality, phone camera's not good with closeups/ small things)

Image015-1.jpg

Then got this in the post this morning.

Image018-3.jpg

So yay, I now have all the First 4 Figures Sonic figures, save for the 2" mini that comes with the Classic Collection Collector's Edition, and I'm working on that. Yay~ :)

Also, just had to take these-

Tails recoils in horror at what his future holds:

Image005-2.jpg

And this. Come on, Tails looks like he's about to be beaten up. Knuckles looks like he's about to beat someone up. It's such a no-brainer. XD

Image001-1.jpg

Edited by Mahzes
  • Thumbs Up 1

lol at the last pic :D I'm gonna order Knux asap. Don't get how he isn't sold out yet. Maybe PlayAsia has a truckload of them? XP

I was at this fucking lame antique shop with my Grandmother the other day right?

They had maybe 2 boxes of comics so I figured why not take a look?

5 COPIES OF SONIC ISSUE 1!! Not reprints, fucking legit.

The best part? 1 dollar each. Bought 'em so fast.

• Bad Quality Post 4

Happened the same to me once. I went to comics N stuff to get the FCBD of sonic but didn't found it. I checked around the store to see if they had it and I found in a box the sonic in your face, sonic kids, mecha madness, knuckles chaotix, return of the king, and sonic 50 issues. They were in original comic price. I bought them without thinking. :D

Edited by RaphieL

I was at this fucking lame antique shop with my Grandmother the other day right?

They had maybe 2 boxes of comics so I figured why not take a look?

But how was the quality? D8

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new toy. A couple of new toys.

new1.jpg

2 Sonic 2 stickers and a giant Sonic magnet, interestingly the Sonic 2 art is a tad different from what we've normally seen, the facial expression on Tails is ever so slightly different, its his mouth, it looks a tad different.

new2.jpg

Amy Rose clock, I really like this, classic design and boxed, even has the instructions with it. Charming little clock.

This...

new3.jpg

new4.jpg

Is probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen! It's a money box, there is a Knuckles design but I could only get the Sonic one, I really like this, just because it's so strange and bizzare! I don't know if it's official or not, frankly I don't care, it's well made and good looking toot.

Was given these on Tuesday by the rather awesome Glenn. :)

Image029-1.jpg

Image030-1.jpg

Image032-1.jpg

Gave the extra copy of Classic Collection to my brother, since me and Glenn both have it already.

SallyCard.png

This little beaut has just now set me back by £100 that I really should be saving, but it's worth every penny.

Used to have one, then a few years ago one of my little cousins was visiting and decided she really wanted one too, and it wasn't till she left that I realised mine had mysteriously vanished after she'd went upstairs to apparently go to the bathroom. Unfortunately, by the time I tried to get it back from her she'd already panicked and disposed of it, something that's niggled at me for the past few years. After all, it's certainly not the easiest item to come across, and most certainly not the cheapest. After a deal fell through a couple of weeks ago, I was even more irritated over the whole thing, but this one cropped up on eBay the other week and now it's mine. Oh yes. <3

At least my matching Sonic card won't look so desolate now.