Awoo.

Your latest collection additions...

Nemain

Sally merch always goes for a mint as the main bulk of it was so limited in its quantity. Good that you managed to reclaim a long lost part of your collection! I bet it feels good to finally have it back. :)

A visit to this thread wouldn't be complete without my latest purchase to show you guys...

EbayFigs.jpg

Very happy about it, and what a price to get these at (£40 for the lot). Means that I can replace the crushed Robotnik I got a few months ago -and- I get the other three figures boxed too!

Edited by Nemain

Wow, those originally sold for 99p back in the day? Damn, figures that size are usually £3.99 now.

I still personally reckon that most English-made old Sonic merchandise is pretty ugly, myself. Off-model, colouring mistakes, etc etc. D: That said a lot of the newer Sonic stuff was pretty poor too until Jazwares and First 4 Figures took charge of things.

Is that bottom Sonic one of the candy containers? I remember getting a few as a kid, and just now am noticing how blatantly mistake-filled it is. No shoe stripe and no ear colour fail. D:

Yeah, those figures used to be in places like Poundland. Poundland had a set that included Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik and a bunch of badniks too aswell as that bunny badnik thing that never made it to the games.

Yeah, those figures used to be in places like Poundland. Poundland had a set that included Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik and a bunch of badniks too aswell as that bunny badnik thing that never made it to the games.

You'd be surprised at what they go for now, mostly driven by demand from the USA for classic merch as they saw so little of it. I never bother watching any UK classic merch that has worldwide post on it unless it's a promo item as I know if I wait, a UK only one will go for less than half what the worldwide one ends for. I have one of the sets boxed and it has the Knuckles, which is rather difficult to come by. You're looking at between £60-100 to get this now if it's a worldwide auction. Even unboxed and UK only they go a bit mad!

SandK.jpg

Sure, the look of the classic merch was a bit funky. The candy container does have a lazy paint job, heh! I think the mistakes and the models used in these sets just add to the retro charm. Virtually all old school video game merch looks a bit weird - It's only recently that models have started to become really accurate across all series. Just look at 1980's Mario figures! :lol:

In reference to the larger figures I won... I used to have some of these back in the day and I wish my mother hadn't done the usual ritual of throwing out toys once she thought I'd grown out of them! The large Robotnik in the lot I just won has gone for £26 alone when put on a worldwide auction, and boxed has seen £67. Even though this auction was UK only (and thus you have to go on Ebay UK to find it, it will not come up at all on Ebay.com), I was still expecting closer to the £80-100 mark. Happy days. :)

Edited by Nemain
  • Thumbs Up 1

In reference to the larger figures I won... I used to have some of these back in the day and I wish my mother hadn't done the usual ritual of throwing out toys once she thought I'd grown out of them! The large Robotnik in the lot I just won has gone for £26 alone when put on a worldwide auction, and boxed has seen £67. Even though this auction was UK only (and thus you have to go on Ebay UK to find it, it will not come up at all on Ebay.com), I was still expecting closer to the £80-100 mark. Happy days. :)

Joy of joys I'm not alone :D I used to have lots of Sonic merchandise that would be considered rare and worth alot of money these days but during all of my teen years my Mom used to have her 'sort outs' in my bedroom while I was away at school, I'd come back and find alot of the Sonic stuff I treasured will have been thrown out and already collected by the bin men during the morning. Used to have a right fit at my Mom once I'd find out, she'd do this at least once every week. No place was safe from her, wardrobe, draws, under the bed, in storage boxes , nowhere at all could I hide any of it :(

I'm glad that none of my Sonic stuff has been thrown out, yay. :lol:

Okay, I've misplaced a few bits here and there, but there still in my house somewhere!

Weee my one and only Jazware figure

20052010511.jpg

Unboxed, by the customs of course. I would've let it mint in box otherwise

Edited by FreeloadeR

Wow, what prats. It's not like they needed to open the figure to see what it was, given the packet's clear. It's almost like they did it just to ruin it for collector's value.

I hate companies and stores who "have to" open items before they sell them to you, it's like with games when the store won't give you a sealed one but instead a box they've opened with the disc/cart and manual in a plastic packet >_<

I've always been really lucky in terms of importing stuff. I must have bought a few thousand worth of imported stuff in the last five years, and I've not once been charged a customs tax/ import fee, or had anything opened.

Edited by Mahzes

I've always been really lucky in terms of importing stuff. I must have bought a few thousand worth of imported stuff in the last five years, and I'ne not once been charged a customs tax/ import fee, or had anything opened.

8 of 9 of my YJA parcels have been hit by customs. The only one that didn't get trapped was one that arrived "damaged"... One tiny hole in the side. Lol! That one was also the most valuable parcel, with $2,000 worth of stuff in it. Even from America, customs gets me every time for amounts over the personal allowance. Once I got hit even though it was just 50p over. It's like they see my name and go LAWL THIS ONE IS USED TO IT BY NOW LET'S CHARGE HER SOME MORE! :lol:

8 of 9 of my YJA parcels have been hit by customs. The only one that didn't get trapped was one that arrived "damaged"... One tiny hole in the side. Lol! That one was also the most valuable parcel, with $2,000 worth of stuff in it. Even from America, customs gets me every time for amounts over the personal allowance. Once I got hit even though it was just 50p over. It's like they see my name and go LAWL THIS ONE IS USED TO IT BY NOW LET'S CHARGE HER SOME MORE! :lol:

YOU'RE FEMALE!! :o I saw this on your profile -

but I always assumed you were a guy :lol: This is Flyboy Fox all over again except you don't have boy in your name :lol: Not that I have a problem with you being female of course :)

On topic, that sucks about them charging you over the top :-/

Considering Nemain was the Rouge cosplayer at SoS, I think her being a guy is out of the question, unless cross-dressing is involved. :lol:

Considering Nemain was the Rouge cosplayer at SoS, I think her being a guy is out of the question, unless cross-dressing is involved. :lol:

That was Nemain??? :o

I couldn't see or hear a thing on the stage(or the whole room for that matter) from where I was positioned at the M&SATOWG booth, didn't get introduced to many people so I didn't get to put SSMB name to face with anyone but a few people.

Oh noes, my secret identity. D:

I've come to expect customs charges these days and I always factor them into any purchase, just in case they do occur. If I do not get them, it's a pleasant surprise. I think that is the best way to think about it, as that way you never end up paying more than something is worth.

Hey! I'm the only one who gets to confuse people with my ambiguous gender! D:<

Ahem, anyway ♥ Kind of a doofy 'addition' but I was at the beach today and picked up this guy:

sonicballoon1.png

I love my Sonic balloon!

sonicballoon2.png

^ You could have reenacted the OVA scene with your shades and music. You just need an umbrella, a drink, and Tails splashing in the water.

Flyboy edit: SHUT UP, TAILS!! >O

29122009013.jpg

SONIC PANTSU!

Anyone else find it even more disturbing that the underpants say 'bang' on them? Almost as scary as my POK'eMON underpants I had as a kid that had Ash Ketchum smiling with his mouth open right in the crotch area.

Edited by Edge

Oh my god Flyboy, that first photo makes the Sonic balloon look about fifty feet tall. XD

Wait, there's a Sonic balloon out there?! :blink:

Damn it, I'm jealous. I love balloons!! Nice pictures, Flyboy! Keep him safe!

And inflated. ;)

Oh my god Flyboy, that first photo makes the Sonic balloon look about fifty feet tall. XD

Balloon Sonic is going to crush you all!!!

Balloon Sonic is going to crush you all!!!

It's a more believable leader than David Cameron. :lol:

BACK TO ADVENTURE!

SandK-1.jpg

Look at his little T-shirt! Awwww.

Edited by Nemain

That S&K shirt is extremely badass, you should put that on a small cat, or a big gerbil

Wait, there's a Sonic balloon out there?! :blink:

Damn it, I'm jealous. I love balloons!! Nice pictures, Flyboy! Keep him safe!

And inflated. ;)

Will do XD He's keeping me company in my living room right now. Apparently he's from 2005. © 2005 SONIC Project. *Shrug*

Will do XD He's keeping me company in my living room right now. Apparently he's from 2005. © 2005 SONIC Project. *Shrug*

He's held up well over the five years! :D

Aww, bless... I love all the hype merchandise that lead up to 2006. Such an innocent time!