Awoo.

Summer Games Fest 2023 + Upcoming Game Conferences - Starts June 8th.

Ryannumber1gamer

untitled-5-1651765285121.jpg

Just because E3 is dead doesn't mean we aren't getting the usual barrage of game related announcements and conference events that happen in June, and for this year, it seems the majority of them have opted to align themselves with Geoff Keighley's Summer Game Fest event, leading to a series of conferences occurring between June 7th, and June 12th. With this, we have our schedule:

June 7th:

Guerrilla Collective Showcase:

UK: 5pm

Europe: 6pm 

US: 12pm EST/9am PDT

June 8th:

Summer Games Fest: Opening Showcase (Essentially the main event):

UK: 8pm

Europe: 9pm

US: 3pm EST/12pm PDT

Day of the Devs: 

UK: 10pm 

Europe: 11pm 

US: 5pm EST/2pm PDT

Devolver Direct:

UK: 11pm 

Europe: 12am (Technically June 9th)

US: 6pm EST/3pm PDT

June 9th:

Access-Ability Summer Showcase:

UK: 4pm 

Europe: 5pm 

US: 11am EST/8am PDT

Tribeca Games Spotlight:

UK: 8pm

Europe: 9pm 

US: 3pm EST/12pm PDT

June 10th:

Wholesome Direct:

UK: 5pm

Europe: 6pm 

US: 12pm EST/9am PDT

Future Games Show Summer Showcase (Hosted by Yuri Lowenthal and Laura Bailey): 

UK: 6pm

Europe: 7pm

US: 1pm EST/10am PDT

June 11th:

Xbox Games Showcase + Starfield Direct:

PC Gaming Show:

UK: 9pm

Europe: 10pm 

US: 4pm EST/1pm PDT

June 12th:

Ubisoft Forward:

Capcom Showcase: 

UK: 11pm

Europe: 12am (Technically June 13th)

US: 6pm EST/3pm PDT

In spite of E3's cancellation, it seems Summer Game Fest's more or less picked up all of the usual suspects we tend to see around E3 season, although we still haven't heard word yet of Nintendo's usual Summer showing.

As with past Summers, Motobug will still also be providing a stream for SSMB members to watch the conferences live, although this will only be for the major events here:

• Summer Games Fest: Opening Showcase - June 8th 
  • Future Games Show: Summer Showcase - June 10th
  • Xbox Games Showcase + Starfield Direct - June 11th
  • Ubisoft Forward - June 12th
  • Capcom Showcase - June 12th

This year, Summer Games Fest is being touted as having 40+ presenters including major studios like PlayStation, SEGA, Square Enix, Steam, Xbox, and way more, so hopefully if they're gonna be running the show with no E3 in sight, this year will be a good one:

Huh. Surprised a Nintendo Direct hasn't been announced at this point.

Hoping to see something interesting from Sega. I probably won't tune in live as I know most stuff won't interest me. Not expecting any Sonic news, especially since Frontiers still has 2 content updates left.

Capcom Showcase has been announced for June 12th, and will be streamed on Motobug for anyone wishing to watch it live together. I’ve also updated the schedule on the OP. Given that Capcom has put out most of its heavy hitters this year, I would expect news on SF6’s DLC, Resi 4 Remake’s Separate Ways DLC, Ghost Trick, and possibly a new game.

Very high chance of Monster Hunter 6 being formally unveiled at the showcase. It was supposed to be out by now, but got a big internal delay with MH Sunbreak filling its place. Now that Sunbreak is finished as of the forthcoming update, they probably want to begin the hype cycle for the new game.

Keeping my fingers crossed we finally see Rockman Taisen too.

9 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

Very high chance of Monster Hunter 6 being formally unveiled at the showcase. It was supposed to be out by now, but got a big internal delay with MH Sunbreak filling its place. Now that Sunbreak is finished as of the forthcoming update, they probably want to begin the hype cycle for the new game.

Keeping my fingers crossed we finally see Rockman Taisen too.

Rumours right now is Monster Hunter could be held off until TGS to give it a bigger announcement reveal.

What’s this about a new Mega Man, though?

7 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Rumours right now is Monster Hunter could be held off until TGS to give it a bigger announcement reveal.

What’s this about a new Mega Man, though?

Rockman Taisen is the Mega Man game that got leaked during the Capcom gigaleak from a while back, it was supposed to have released by now but has seemingly been pushed back. Presumably, it's the game Tsuchiya alluded to having begun development for not long after Mega Man 11 had released.

The Xbox Games Showcase looks Interesting and see what they have to offer on their showcase coming up. I do have a Xbox Series X myself and don't do console wars. 

I did used to have a PS5 but It wasn't for me unfortunately.

28 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

Rockman Taisen is the Mega Man game that got leaked during the Capcom gigaleak from a while back, it was supposed to have released by now but has seemingly been pushed back. Presumably, it's the game Tsuchiya alluded to having begun development for not long after Mega Man 11 had released.

God forbid we get to see Ace Attorney 7 or the second remaster collection from that leak list as well.

27 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

God forbid we get to see Ace Attorney 7 or the second remaster collection from that leak list as well.

I think something Ace Attorney related is decently likely. Be it AA7 or the second collection featuring AA4-6. The recent developer comments about how its a globally strong franchise seem a little too conveniently timed for there to be nothing.

A second collection is more likely, given the post AAT games have primarily been heavily tied together and story based. I don’t see them doing 7 until the now delisted games are widely available again.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ZinogreVolt said:

I think something Ace Attorney related is decently likely. Be it AA7 or the second collection featuring AA4-6. The recent developer comments about how its a globally strong franchise seem a little too conveniently timed for there to be nothing.

Wait, there was a recent piece on the Ace Attorney franchise?

23 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

Oh, that thing from April. Yeah,  I saw that. Was wondering if you might be referring to something newer.

But it was good news nonetheless.