Awoo.

Ohtani Hints At The "Next Chapter"

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Tomoya Ohtani Teases Work on "The Next Chapter" at some point.

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon was awarded the badge 'Sonic News Tipster' and 30 points.

Tomoya Ohtani has recently shared a new update of his mobilizing for new production.

This "next chapter" could potentially be the new story addition for Frontiers, or something bigger.

It could also be related to some kind of rehearsal for Sonic Symphony? I wonder if he will make the trip to London or LA this year... would be good to meet him! :wave:

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally, he's working on the soundtrack for the Rhythm Thief sequel!

I think it’s fair to say now that he’s most likely working on the Sonic Superstars soundtrack? Maybe with Tee Lopes (I’ve seen him do some mega-heavy teasing on social about the music in this)?

7 hours ago, DaBigJ said:

But didn't that Fadel guy say it was chiptune-y?

Yeah but that doesn’t really tell us anything. Lopes has collaborated with Jun Senoue in the past on a number of tracks - some of those sound chiptune-y too (and some of them don’t, obviously).

Just fun to think about, I suppose.

I'd love it if Ohtani and crew got to work on a classic game using live recordings, but something about the timing of both announcements seems off to me, so I'm gonna temper any expectations till we've got something more concrete.

9 hours ago, DaBigJ said:

But didn't that Fadel guy say it was chiptune-y?

He described it as "Tee Lopesey".

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

He described it as "Tee Lopesey".

Yeah, as well as chiptuney too