Awoo.

Dreadknux
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into New 2D Classic Sonic Platformer Sonic Superstars Announced at some point.

4 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

Hmm wait a minute…do I have to sign up to their newsletter to unlock Amy Rose for this game? I hope that’s not true… =\

No, you unlock Modern Amy's dress for Classic Amy by signing up for the Newsletter

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, ShinyGems said:

60 dollars in the USA for this game. You all think the price is right, or no?

If the game is long enough and has enough replay value, sure. There's been plenty of 2D games before that's managed decent run-times with a lot of replay value. 

Mania in of itself was like twenty bucks for a solid 5-6 hours at release, so it's certainly doable.

• Thumbs Up 5

If a Classic Sonic game developed by Sonic Team of all people is seriously going to be the first game in the series to not ape old zones since Colors/Lost World, I will eat a shoe. 

I hope I have to eat a shoe. This looks so stinking promising.

• Thumbs Up 7

I am really shocked by this game. This is the best step up after Mania. I am very excited , the animation and level design look promising, as well as the physics, FINALLY. 

Fang being back is incredible for me, he is a favourite of mine and it fits perfectly. Very curious about the new villain, I hope to see a female character for the third villain for a change, maybe one related to magic or maybe a half robot type.

This game also as a huge potential of introducing even more playble characters aa DLC, imagine Metal Sonic, Fang , Bean, Honey….

• Thumbs Up 3

Some of the ideas is really cool too. I really like the idea of the Emeralds having different gameplay mechanics tied to them, especially if you can backtrack through previous levels. Could be the Boom 3DS games done right.

• Thumbs Up 6

60 dollars, my ass.. I thought it was a $10 mobile game until they showed the consoles it was on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow I didn't see this coming this Is very welcomeing news Indeed. I've just been reading this myself on the IGN news page. It looks so awesome and welcoming as well.

I'm looking forward to playing this one what a surprise this Is. Love seeing the 2D and 3D In the mixed as well to the game elements.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems...ok. Physics look potentially alright at a glance; I'm kinda willing to forgive the dash pads on the loop since it's doing a foreground-background transition and they can't have you fail it and fall between the layers (but also maybe just don't do that? Or come up with a more interesting transition than "a loop with dash pads"?). Fang being back is neat. None of the new gimmicks feel exciting or interesting though. And something about the graphics/art style makes me think of that one fangame where everything looked kinda greasy. No big red flags, it just feels...maybe a little cheap.

• Thumbs Up 3

Can we confirm if Steath or anybody on Headcannon/etc are involve as at least a consultant or something for Sonic Team to make sure it plays good? I don't really care for fact they really went for the whole "Pixel World" thing, and though I know Sonic trailer music never reflects what the actual music will sound like...

But please... please... don't make it "Genesis" like. I can't trust anyone with doing "Genesis" likes after the last few times. (Unless your name is Tee Lopes. Then you can go all in)

Though some of the new gimmicks give my Wisp vibes (The Pixel Squid form is the most damning), I've long imagined having the Chaos Emerald give cool new powers the more you collect rather than just all of them. I can already Naoto Ohshima's handy work seeing how they've finally need the classic Badnik look. Combined the with the idea of the Classic world getting a brand new character from the man himself, plus a hybrid of Classic and Modern Amy, it seems like they're finally starting to move out of the past.

• Thumbs Up 1

*Repost from @Ryannumber1gamer's thread*

Holy fucking shit, what the????

How did it not leaked? Or is this  supposed to be the infamous "Sonic 5" that was rumoured a while back?

Gotta say, it looks pretty alright. Like really cool and colorful, the zones feel more original than usual, the models look great in motion.

This is kinda like the alternate reality where we got a 2D classic game using the Generations aesthetics instead of Lost World.

I.. I'm.. kinda of excited!

But as usual I beg the question, SEGA:

WHO'S

DEVELOPING

THIS?

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Some of the ideas is really cool too. I really like the idea of the Emeralds having different gameplay mechanics tied to them, especially if you can backtrack through previous levels. Could be the Boom 3DS games done right.

I am betting/hoping at the least, elemental powers are tied to each emerald, like the blue Chaos Emerald having water powers. Even then, those are not all the powers I am expecting from the Emeralds.

Just now, Jango said:

*Repost from @Ryannumber1gamer's thread*

Holy fucking shit, what the????

How did it not leaked? Or is this  supposed to be the infamous "Sonic 5" that was rumoured a while back?

Gotta say, it looks pretty alright. Like really cool and colorful, the zones feel more original than usual, the models look great in motion.

This is kinda like the alternate reality where we got a 2D classic game using the Generations aesthetics instead of Lost World.

I.. I'm.. kinda of excited!

But as usual I beg the question, SEGA:

WHO'S

DEVELOPING

THIS?

Sonic Team, apparently. No sign of Dimps, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, ShinyGems said:

60 dollars in the USA for this game. You all think the price is right, or no?

If it has enough content to warrant it then, perhaps.

Also, this game is well-timed for synergy with the upcoming story campaign in Frontiers.

• Thumbs Up 6

27 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

EDIT: It seems Nack's getting the Eggman treatment, where his English name is getting reconned by his Japanese Name, Fang.

To be fair, this already happened back in the 90s.

His name was only ever changed to Nack in Triple Trouble. Whereas in Sonic Drift 2 and Sonic the Fighters, the name was kept as Fang even in the English release.

• Thumbs Up 5

Leak squad is worthless lol.

This feels very off, probably a budget title, that's fine. I'm going to take a guess and assume that aesthetics aside, this is not what fans would love, but still likable and new either way.

Physics seem like they might be okay but I can't imagine they survive the 4 player co op split screen transition left unchecked. The powers look like they backloaded the wisps into classic sonic which combine with the rails and the automated segments doesn't bode well re: them understanding why anyone actually wanted this. Looks boring and cheap. At least Amy is playable I guess?

• Thumbs Up 3

Game looks good. Physics look right. Definitely the most visually appealing game Sonic Team has produced in decades. But knowing Sonic Team's history I can't help but wait on the other shoe to drop.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just gonna echo my sentiments over here too lol, Is Sonic Team making this? Got a lot of vibes from that old Sonic 2 HD remake but less cluttered and more visually appealing. It's pretty much the NSMB of Sonic and that's honestly a really cool direction for them to go in. Interested in more info, which I guess we'll be getting a lot of since it's coming so soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh god, it's that time again already?

Luckily everything I can see here checks out fine so now we wait for the crucial moment to see if somebody taught sonic team how to make a reasonable facsimile of the physics or not. (Looks okay from the trailer but I can't trust sonic team with this shit after they somehow managed to screw up something as simple as Origins)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ShinyGems said:

Well, at least there is no Dimps this time, despite the two speed boosters as @Blue Bloodmentioned. If it doesn't hurt to ask, whatever happened to Dimps making a Sonic game? Not that I would want them to make this.

Sonic Team decided to make them into their go-to "port down" team, so Dimps stopped making original games and started just making versions of existing Sonic games for weaker platforms.  They disappeared into Sonic Team's shadow and now I have no idea whether they still exist.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, ShinyGems said:

I wonder; Jun Senoue is not doing the music for this game, is he?

Ohtani recently did a teaser-y photo of some live music recording sessions for an unannounced project (which at least confirms this game won't sound like Sonic 4 or Sonic Forces' Classic style if the tease was for this), but it's not confirmed for sure if that was music for Superstars yet or not.

• Thumbs Up 5

Classic again...wait.

4 player co-op? Amy is also playable? FANG is back?!!! Getting this!!!!

• Thumbs Up 2