Awoo.

Opening cutscene snapshots of Sonic Superstars released (title screen is revealed too, fourth post down)

Shiny Gems
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into 2D Animation Returns! First Look at Sonic Superstars Intro Video and Title Screen at some point.

Here's a bit of live footage. a bit bright, but some stuff can still be seen

• Thumbs Up 2

I just wonder if there is a theme music like in Sonic CD or if there is no theme music like in Mania?

All the animated intros we've gotten over the last 5/6 years look great.

Wonder if Powerhouse Studio's who made Origins cutscenes have also worked on Superstars?

• Thumbs Up 2

• The title was changed to Opening cutscene snapshots of Sonic Superstars released (title screen is revealed too, fourth post down)
19 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

Just a heads up that @Jason the Jackassis currently at SGF as well on the show floor, and he’s taking videos and photos as we speak! :ok:

Does he have to sign up to play the game beforehand like with Sonic Frontiers last year? LOL

Anyway, here is the title screen in motion.

Here's our version of the same video :)

Here are some photos from our capture as well, nobody's seen these yet:

Sonic_Superstars_-_2D_Intro_First_Look_1-11_screenshot.png

Fang working with Eggman! And a new character!

Sonic_Superstars_-_2D_Intro_First_Look_1-4_screenshot.png

Multi-Sonic!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Dreadknux said:

Here's our version of the same video :)

Here are some photos from our capture as well, nobody's seen these yet:

Sonic_Superstars_-_2D_Intro_First_Look_1-4_screenshot.png

Multi-Sonic!

I am wondering who that character is in particular. Boy, I am excited to find out about that character whenever we learn more about them!

10 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

That character looks like they're either a robot themselves or just masquerading as one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The intro gives me Sonic X  / Tomba vibes weirdly enough lol. Still super super clean tho. Interesting how "slimmed out" these classic iterations are for the intro.

I'm guessing the robot headed person is the new oshima character?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

That character looks like they're either a robot themselves or just masquerading as one. 

They've got typical organic-looking Sonic arms and a furry tail, so I guess they're just heavily armoured.  I think we can reasonably assume they'll have that helmet knocked off at some point.  Intriguing!

Just now, Salamander said:

They've got typical organic-looking Sonic arms and a furry tail, so I guess they're just heavily armoured.  I think we can reasonably assume they'll have that helmet knocked off at some point.  Intriguing!

Part of me wonders if their identity is hidden because they're secretly a character we're familiar with.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ayyyye we Gex now. The water climb to explore different routes is hella cute.

Glad to see the Drop Dash back again

Also. the Physics™ lookin solid from what I can tell. Loosing and then picking up speed through a loop as you should. Sonic running backwards like before instead if coming into a complete halt. I just need them halfway loop jumps to really see if we're back. Rolling doesn't look broken too. 

10 hours ago, ShinyGems said:

I dunno if this is the real music for the scene, but here is a little something.

I love that Intro music to Sonic Superstars If It Is the real music to the game Intro. The animation style Is just amazing I'm just getting 90s vibes from the Sonic OVA movie by watching the Intro here.

I really hope that Sonic Superstars does really well for the game reviews when It comes out this year. I am so looking forward to playing the game It's going to be another great year for Sonic again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic's fingerwag is the perfect version of what the sonic 4 finger wag was trying to do. 

I love it