Awoo.

Sonic Classic Collection

Indigo Rush

Eeek, difficulty strikes. Game.es ship to the UK, but they don't have the game listed (Special Edition or otherwise). EBgames Australia are mean and don't ship to the UK. What other game retailers are there in Spain and Aus?

Fox Gungrave in the comments of the front page article found this link to a New Zealand retailer stocking it, they also have new screenshots -

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Nintendo-DS/Sonic-Classic-Collection-Limited-Edition/4230464/

Wether they ship to the UK I do not know, I'll go check.

EDIT:

They ship to the UK but it'll cost you a bit -

•United Kingdom: $19.13

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/help/shipping-information/

Hell yeah! Placing my order now. It comes to around £40GBP including the UK shipping.

EDIT: Done. It gave me a reason to finish setting up my PayPal account, and it came to a total of 38.8847 GBP. Not bad. I'd set aside £30 for this months ago because the price was shown to be only £20 or so. Excited now.

Edited by Blue Blood

Everyone at Retro is disaapointed by the squashed graphics, but I don't see the problem. It all looks fine to me.

asdfz.png

Sonic's eye does look empty, and the rings do look oddly shaped. But eh, I expected it. Looks good.

Sonic's eye does look funny, but I'm sure it'll look fine in movement.

Anyway. So the bottom screen is used for some infos on the game and for saving... Hmm, I guess that was expected.

I wonder how this'll look on the DSiXL. It stretches the games doesn't it? So maybe this'll look more "normal".

Edited by MarcelloF

Stretches yes. It doesn't increase the resolution though. Any image on a DSi/XL will look more pixelated than on the DS/Lite because it's the same resolution but in the larger area.

Also worthy of note in that screen it the character select options. Yeah, it appears to be done from the title screen now. There's a choice for 'Sonic and Tails' and 'Sonic'. I'm sincerely hoping that 'Tails' and 'Options' are simply over on the next page. No options = no sound test = no level select. And what's more, there' no multiplayer option on the Sonic 3 title screen either. A minor shame.

I'm guessing, with everyone else, that these pictures are photoshopped just to let people know what they're doing.

This looks really promising even though it looks only like a port of the Sonic compilations for the sixth-generation consoles.

Don't tell me the game is going to look that awful once this comes out.

I expected a cropped screen (because I couldn't imagine Sega going out of their way to increase resolution) but dear god did they go the extra mile and make everything look completely smashed.

Sonic's eye does look empty, and the rings do look oddly shaped. But eh, I expected it. Looks good.

Sonic's eye only looks like that because the original sprite was badly done.

gegetger.png

I just noticed that Knuckles sock on the top picture is green. Wasn't it yellow due to pallet restrictions? Or was that fixed in S3&K? I can't remember :o

Knuckles used a different palette (pink with yellow socks) only when Sonic and the HUD was on screen, so all those times when he showed up to wreak havoc. It was due to the palette limitations which resulted in the HUD going green. Whenever you played as Knuckles though, everything was normal.

Knuckles used a different palette (pink with yellow socks) only when Sonic and the HUD was on screen, so all those times when he showed up to wreak havoc. It was due to the palette limitations which resulted in the HUD going green. Whenever you played as Knuckles though, everything was normal.

If you cheat and get Knuckles into Sky Sanctuary Act 1 you can see both palettes.

Since when is Sonic 3 & Knuckles called Knuckles in Sonic 3? oO

It might not be Sonic 3 & Knuckles. It might actually be Sonic 3, only playable as Knuckles instead.

I'm not sure why they would have bothered doing so, but so be it.

Guys the DS render/mocks are for press use really, I've updated the Blognik with some of the screens in 2D screens and uploaded a butt-nik load of 2D and 3D to the SEGA Europe Flickr which should make things a lot clearer.

http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2010/02/15/sonic-classic-collection-screens-online/

So, the screens are just to give you an idea of how the game works?