Awoo.

Sonic Classic Collection

Indigo Rush

For the sake of awesome, get the tin if you're in Aus, NZ or Spain. It doesn't cost that much more. And if you're elsewhere, get it for the sake of awesome if you have the money. Seriously, the useless tin, pointless postcards and teeny figure make for something special. To me at least... and I'm not actually being sarcastic.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not buying this game because I have almost every classic Sonic game on my PC and PS2. If the tin was released in the U.S. I would maybe get the game.

I think most of us here have practically every game on here, several times over- for me it was more a case of having them on a handheld and being able to play them anytime, anywhere.

As I've said before, after Classic Collection, I'll be hard-pushed to ever rebuy the classics again, quite frankly!

Edited by Mahzes

I still haven't picked up this game, I'd like the classic's on portable but that would be my only reason for buying this since I have these games many times over. It's going pretty cheap now so I may just pick it up soon.

Now, see, you people complaining about how you've bought them over and over, answer me this, because it's a question i've been wanting to ask.

Why in god's name would you buy the ports constantly? You get Mega Collection and Gems. Done. Why would you bother buying any others and don't tell me you threw out your gamecube when you got a wii or that you just throw consoles out without replacing them with something better because that is just dumb.

The only reason I can think of to buy more than one for console is the Genesis Collection thing that came out.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Now, see, you people complaining about how you've bought them over and over, answer me this, because it's a question i've been wanting to ask.

Why in god's name would you buy the ports constantly? You get Mega Collection and Gems. Done. Why would you bother buying any others and don't tell me you threw out your gamecube when you got a wii or that you just throw consoles out without replacing them with something better because that is just dumb.

The only reason I can think of to buy more than one for console is the Genesis Collection thing that came out.

Some people like to collect every game that's released and some people like the small extras. I had to get rid of all my old SEGA consoles to make space in me and my wife's small flat so I got Mega Collection and Gems Collection for Gamecube. I also picked up SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection on Xbox 360 but mainly for the other games on there but I did also buy the Sonic Mega Drive games on Xbox Live Arcade's Vintage Collection as Achievements add a bit of fun aswell as the online leaderboards and online multiplayer. I haven't bought the Mega Drive Virtual Console versions though but I have bought the 3 Master System games on there since I was curious to see the better graphics and how different they play with a larger screen compared to the Game Gear versions on Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut and Gems Collection. If I got Sonic Classic Collection for DS it would be for portability.

It's not just buying them 'constantly'- I haven't.

But hey- the originals, Sonic Jam, and Mega Collection is already owning them three times each. In each case, it was a matter of convenience for owning them/ having them playable on my current console without having to dust off an older one. I got the mobile phone versions of Sonic 1 and Sonic 2, and the iPod nano version of Sonic 1, because at the time they were the best I could get in regards to Classic Sonic on the go (Sonic 1 GBA doesn't count D: Even I didn't fall for that one).

It's not that I've bought them loads of times, hell, even Classic Collection is probably only my fourth or fifth iterations of each game, but that's still more than you buy of most games.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Portfolio Reveals Sonic Classic Collection Had More Content Planned

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2015/08/portfolio-reveals-sonic-classic-collection-had-more-content-planned-crazy-taxi-4-pitch/

Looks like this collection was originally going to be much bigger, including Sonic Spinball, Sonic 3D Blast (aka Sonic 3D Flickies' Island), Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and video content. Explains why Sonic Spinball and Sonic 3D Blast sprites are in the credits. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I was honestly wondering why they didn't just go ahead and add the remaining Genesis titles, since the DS was presumably capable of emulating them all, and DS carts have been shown to have the capacity to hold them all.  Also, I don't know why, but that "Knuckles in Sonic the Hedgehog 3" logo is making me so uncomfortable.

It's called Sonic 3 & Knuckles, darn it!!

Edited by Tara

More stuff was planned? It would have been so awesome if they were added! It'll be like Sonic Mega Collection, but on the go!

As it is, I'm glad I have Sonic Classic Collection. It's the only official way I can play Sonic 3 And Knuckles on the go! (Unless I'm missing something...)